PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's "The Herd": Jauron coach of the year

patmoran2006
12-12-2007, 10:13 AM
On ESPN's "The Herd" show; host Colin Cowerd (whatever the F his name is) just gave out his awards. For coach of the year, he mentioned Jack Del Rio, and then said Dick Jauron is his coach of the year.

Pride
12-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Just heard it... and IF... BIG IF... we make the playoffs... YES, I agree.

If not, then, I'd give it to Rio or even Bellichek.

billsburgh
12-12-2007, 10:55 AM
why is he doing this with 3 weeks left in the season? seems a little premature.

FlyingDutchman
12-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Hes definately gotta be in the top 3 selections considering he lost 3/4 of his players on an already somewhat weak team, had a tough schedule, and dealt with a QB circus. Through it all, he has us fighting for a playoff spot which would be even closer to a reality if it wasnt for two field goals as time expired

djjimkelly
12-12-2007, 11:36 AM
romeo crennel has done a better JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarshawnIsDaMan
12-12-2007, 11:38 AM
romeo crennel has done a better JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really? Does he have 13 players on IR? And most of the season many starters missed a game here and a game there. Winning record with a rookie QB. Id say Jauron has done alot better job. Crennell has been there longer than Jauron has.

Mahdi
12-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Just heard it... and IF... BIG IF... we make the playoffs... YES, I agree.

If not, then, I'd give it to Rio or even Bellichek.
Bellicheck.... I realize they are undefeated and may end up so,,,, but there are coaches doing really well with half the talent BB has.

Mahdi
12-12-2007, 11:47 AM
I would consider Gruden for COY. He runs a great team and system in Tampa and they are having a pretty good year.

I would also consider Mike McCarthy who turned the pack around and back to glory days or even better.

Other possibilities...

Brad Childress (especially if they make the playoffs)

Jeff Fisher (the future looked bleak for the Titans but they have been solid)

Night Train
12-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Hypocrite. Coward blasted the Bills for the Jauron hire and kept the Sunshine Boys( Wilson,Marv ) bit alive for months last year. He is such an A-Hole.

TigerJ
12-12-2007, 01:00 PM
I know Gruden will get consideration. Tampa had a rough year in '06. They were more devastated by injuries than Buffalo or Miami this season. I think much of Tampa's improvement is due to the fact that Tampa has stayed far healthier, as opposed to genius level coaching on Gruden's part. He's definitely a good coach though.

DraftBoy
12-12-2007, 01:07 PM
Im giving it to McCarthey

madness
12-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Obviously this game has playoff implications but I think this game also decides COY.

raphael120
12-12-2007, 01:12 PM
You think his name is even known if we didnt have our primetime games?

I think it's great we had the primetime, we got out players out there, they're known, and Buffalo is known as a tough team at home, despite losing the way we did, both games. We got some respect, wouldve gotten ALOT more if we won but hey...

Without the primetime games, Coach Dick would just be a name people would use for Bellichick.

hydro
12-12-2007, 08:16 PM
I nominate Bobby Petrino! :rofl:

YardRat
12-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Jauron's done a good-to-great job so far this year, but there are others out there that deserve the award before him at this point in the season.

McCarthy or Phillips would be my choices, but if the Bills make the play-offs it would be hard not to give DJ as much consideration as them.

jamze132
12-13-2007, 03:52 AM
Sorry but if the Pats go 16-0, you can bet Belichick gets it.

YardRat
12-13-2007, 05:33 AM
Sorry but if the Pats go 16-0, you can bet Belichick gets it.

If Dallas or Green Bay manage to finish at 15-1 or 14-2, I think the early season incident tips the balance in their favor.

jamze132
12-13-2007, 06:34 AM
If Dallas or Green Bay manage to finish at 15-1 or 14-2, I think the early season incident tips the balance in their favor.
That would be the fair thing to do, but since the NFL feels bad for having to take their 32nd overall pick in the draft, they will give BB the award. Haven't you figured out yet, that the Pats are the golden children of the NFL? After Katrina, they tried to shift away from NE onto NO, but the Saints couldn't seem to get their act together and the refs couldn't "fix" the game without someone noticing. But the NFL has a pretty easy time "helping" the Pats this year, eh?

Talk about conspiracy theories! LOL