PDA

View Full Version : Fairchild going to Colorado

LABillsFan
12-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Colorado State will hire Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild as its new football coach, ESPN's Steve Cyphers is reporting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3151605

Patti120
12-12-2007, 11:00 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3151605

hope it hasn't been posted already!

Philagape
12-12-2007, 11:00 AM
:bigwave:

Mr. Pink
12-12-2007, 11:02 AM
What a pity.

I'm now on the official hire Bill Callahan as the OC campaign!

Romes
12-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Good thing Trent is smart enough to not miss a step. If he can get it this well as a rookie, he'll be able to pick up a new OC, too.

The King
12-12-2007, 11:04 AM
I hate the revolving coodinators. Makes things harder on the qb.

billsburgh
12-12-2007, 11:06 AM
it doesnt way when it will become official. are they waiting until the Bills' season is officialy over? Will Fairchild finish that last 3 games and possibly playoffs or pull a Petrino and shaft the team?

LABillsFan
12-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Losing a co ordinator is tough on a team. New Offense with only a few months to learn it. Not just TE but the entire Offense has to be retrained. Whether you liked him or not, unless the Bills can get someone who will run the same Offense, the bills will be battling this next year.

trapezeus
12-12-2007, 11:08 AM
regardless of what he does (petrino's the season or finishes), what is the lockerroom doing and how is the preparation for this week effected. Hopefully everyone from the OC to the players are still preparing without issue.

LABillsFan
12-12-2007, 11:10 AM
it doesnt way when it will become official. are they waiting until the Bills' season is officialy over? Will Fairchild finish that last 3 games and possibly playoffs or pull a Petrino and shaft the team?

He is already looking into finding assistants.

LABillsFan
12-12-2007, 11:11 AM
regardless of what he does (petrino's the season or finishes), what is the lockerroom doing and how is the preparation for this week effected. Hopefully everyone from the OC to the players are still preparing without issue.

That's what I was concerned about. If he is already looking for assistants, that takes time away from game planning.

Gunzlingr
12-12-2007, 11:14 AM
only three times!

djjimkelly
12-12-2007, 11:34 AM
now we can hope someone is foolish enough to hire fewell.

thus leaving jauron alone. and then forcing the bills to pull a chargers.

AH I CAN DREAM CAN'T I

Jan Reimers
12-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Reminds me of what Ben Franklin said about beer.

It's proof that God loves us.

LABillsFan
12-12-2007, 11:43 AM

AH I CAN DREAM CAN'T I

huh?

Mitchy moo
12-12-2007, 11:47 AM
Reminds me of what Ben Franklin said about beer.

It's proof that God loves us.

Great news! Find us a hero that can work this offense into a juggernaut.

RedEyE
12-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Hopefully Norv Turner (doubtful) might prove to be available again.

He might be a bad HC, but he is one heck of an OC.

trapezeus
12-12-2007, 12:02 PM
i don't need to see an offensive juggernat take over the OC position. just someone who likes to run a couple more sets than 2 TE's and really close bunching of the receivers.

i want a full set of NFL plays that i can expect to see any week i watch a game.

OpIv37
12-12-2007, 12:04 PM
woo-hoo! great news!

djjimkelly
12-12-2007, 12:04 PM
huh?

read it again i'd give my left nut to scrap this cover 2 scheme!!!!!!!!!!

the scheme doesnt truly work and please dont give me the colts as an example their O scores 30+ a game.

lets hope someone now hires fewell too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we could get lucky and scrap the whole STAFF.

Mudflap1
12-12-2007, 12:10 PM
How about Van Pelt? Not my first choice, but can't you see it happening?

RedEyE
12-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Honestly i'm not crazy about the idea of having to start again on offense. I want an offense that Edwards would be comfortable running.

What about current Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh? I'm not sure if he would want to give up his gig at Stanford, but who knows the Bills new QB better?

patmoran2006
12-12-2007, 12:11 PM

the scheme doesnt truly work and please dont give me the colts as an example their O scores 30+ a game.

24 takeaways (+7) and 7 games where we've allowed 21 points or less. There are worse schemes out there.

justasportsfan
12-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Moran must be devastated. He's a huge Fairchild fan .

raphael120
12-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Van Pelt might be a good successor...think about the way the Bills work...buddy buddy connections get hired.

madness
12-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Crap, Fewell gets a coaching gig this offseason and we're back to square one.

Yeah, we got rid of Fairchild! :rolleyes:

Kerr
12-12-2007, 01:22 PM
What a pity.

I'm now on the official hire Bill Callahan as the OC campaign!

Either that or promote turk schonert to O-coordinator. He's a stanford product as well.

Jeff1220
12-12-2007, 01:45 PM
24 takeaways (+7) and 7 games where we've allowed 21 points or less. There are worse schemes out there.

That's right...I read a quote yesterday in TMQ (Easterbrook) that said If you take away the two NE games the Bills played, their defense only gives up 18 ppg. That's solid and always gives the team a chance to win.

LABillsFan
12-12-2007, 02:44 PM

What does the Cover 2 scheme have to do with Fairchild leaving?

LABillsFan
12-12-2007, 02:46 PM
That's right...I read a quote yesterday in TMQ (Easterbrook) that said If you take away the two NE games the Bills played, their defense only gives up 18 ppg. That's solid and always gives the team a chance to win.

This is part of the reason why I think Fewell will get some looks. Besides the fact that the injuries have hindered the D. He's done well with what he has. I think too many have blamed the coaches for the wrong reasons.

Nighthawk
12-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Ahhh, Christmas came early!!!

MTBillsFan
12-12-2007, 07:58 PM
I suddenly hear the Hallalejuah courus in the background of my life!!

The Answer
12-12-2007, 08:12 PM

AH I CAN DREAM CAN'T I

Richard 'The Corpse' Jauron is here to stay - unless we are ponying up the cash to bring The Schott or Bill Cowher here - apparently neither are in a hurry to get back to coaching but money talks so they say.

~The Answer

LABillsFan
12-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Money talks and so does a coaching staff that has a team like the Bills in the position it is in today.

LABillsFan
12-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Marty will never win a Superbowl. He can only get a team to a certain point and not take the next step. I personally don't want to see him as a coach in any capacity on the Bills staff.

hydro
12-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Marty will never win a Superbowl. He can only get a team to a certain point and not take the next step. I personally don't want to see him as a coach in any capacity on the Bills staff.

Just because thats what his past has shown doesn't mean that it will be the case for the rest of his career. Nobody thought Peyton would ever win a SB, and look at him now...

LABillsFan
12-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Just because thats what his past has shown doesn't mean that it will be the case for the rest of his career. Nobody thought Peyton would ever win a SB, and look at him now...

Apples to oranges my friend.

hydro
12-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Apples to oranges my friend.
:rofl: How do you figure? Care to elaborate?

People made a assumption based on a persons past and he did what no one thought he would. Just because Marty couldn't win much in SD when in the playoffs doesn't mean he will never coach a SB team.

LABillsFan
12-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Sure, get your Transformer's lunch box and have a seat at your desk.

Marty (A coach) has had his share of positions in the NFL, different teams different rosters. He's built his teams from the ground up around his philosphy and has inherited good teams. He has the ability to get a winning record and a playoff game here and there. Oh I forgot to ask, Did you know he used to coach Cleveland?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marty_Schottenheimer

Some of his players are outstanding and some he gets a good days work out of. But in the end, it comes crashing down.

Peyton (B a player with exception skill and knowledge) is one player who I did think would win a Championship. But he isn't building a team. The coach and GM are. His talent and his job is to QB not draft, sign FA's, oversee the other coaches, develope game plans and hire staff.

Now, if you said...., Well I can't think of a coach that has matched Marty's chances, records and lack of SB rings except for Marv. Anyways, that would have been Apples to Apples.

The Jokeman
12-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Guys that Jauron had in Chicago were Gary Crowton and John Shoop. Crowton's now the OC at LSU so likely not available and Shoop is OC at North Carolina and might be available. Though not sure he'd go with either of them it's worth noting.