PDA

View Full Version : Bills win out there in

mikemac2001
12-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshawnIsDaMan
He just explained it again. He said if we beat CLE, the 3 way tie breaker doesn't come into effect because trump CLE. Then it goes to a 2 way tie breaker between us and TEN. We have a better record vs common opponents. He asked this nfl league source guy like 3 or 4 times to make sure that it was right. The league source said yes. Simon admited he doesn't know by himself but this league source assured him. Those are the words straight from Howard Simon's mouth.

i remember a situation similar to this a few years back and i think they are right on it, because say cle won the three way tie breaker vs us but we beat them head to head that would be total BS

So first they eliminate the head to head games then go to the first tiebreaker between the remaining.

Making up a scenario to prove my point (not factual or referring to this year)

Say 3 teams are 10-6 SD JAX AND MIA all of them are fighting for final WC spot

Say SD beats JAX during the year

If they ended up going to common opps JAX has the better record between SD and MIA so MIA has no chance either way

why would jax end up beating out SD for the final WC when SD beat JAX during the season that would be an outrage if that ever happened

So they first do head to head to eliminate the teams that have lost to each other then go on to the next tie breaker....im not an expert but any other way would not make sense at all

cocamide
12-12-2007, 01:27 PM
I say we just obliterate the next three teams and let the paramedics sort it out.