PDA

View Full Version : Kelsay / Denney

Pride
12-12-2007, 03:31 PM
IMO I am happier with Denney's play than Kelsay's. Anyone agree/disagree?

OpIv37
12-12-2007, 03:32 PM
definitely agree. In fact, I don't know why we gave Kelsay so much cuz I think Hargrove/Denney get just as much if not more production.

M
12-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Yep, I was saying that during the Miami game. Denney > Kelsay.

Tatonka
12-12-2007, 03:44 PM
i think kelsay has played fine this season and i dont think he warrants all the heat he takes.

schobel is clearly the one having a down year.

patmoran2006
12-12-2007, 04:24 PM
I like hargrove better than either of them. He's a gangsta.

Schobel isn't having THAT bad of a year. He does also have 4 FF and a couple of big stops on short 3rd/4th downs.

Dont get me wrong, he isnt as good as last year; but he's been decent. Then again, he's being paid as a franchise DE and he hasnt been that.

Ebenezer
12-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Kelsay's wife is pretty hot...

camelcowboy
12-12-2007, 11:48 PM
i think kelsay has played fine this season and i dont think he warrants all the heat he takes.

schobel is clearly the one having a down year. Kelsay is having his best year as a bill, matter of fact i hated resigning him until the way he's played this year. But i do agree Denney and Hargrove have play well. With clevelands strong o-line I like our platoon system keeps everyone fresh. Schobel is the only one of the group imo isn't earn his keep this year.

jamze132
12-13-2007, 03:14 AM
It would be nice for are very average DEs to step up and earn the money they are making by getting sacks. And considering the depth of our secondary right now, you would think they would try to put more weight on their shoulders and carry the burden so LBs and Safety's don't have to blitz as much.

Mahdi
12-13-2007, 07:56 AM
IMO I am happier with Denney's play than Kelsay's. Anyone agree/disagree?
I agree.... Denney has been disruptive against the run and pass.... he should get more snaps.

DraftBoy
12-13-2007, 07:58 AM
Kelsay is having his best year as a bill, matter of fact i hated resigning him until the way he's played this year. But i do agree Denney and Hargrove have play well. With clevelands strong o-line I like our platoon system keeps everyone fresh. Schobel is the only one of the group imo isn't earn his keep this year.

In what way is Kelsay having his best year? I havent looked at the stats, so please fill me in.

dannyek71
12-13-2007, 07:58 AM
he has 8 pts this season. Pretty good for a DE

colin
12-13-2007, 08:02 AM
peppers and freeney are/did have some off years. aaron is twice as nice as pepp this year.

it is true schoble is having a down year, but he is still a very good DE (lots of plays behind the line, they hurt drives just as much as sacks). if he is back to 12+ sack form next year who's gonna comlain?

i really like hargrove too, and if you look at our pass rush it is getting better every week since the NE game.

we'll see what we have against cleveland. they are one of the best at beating the pass rush, so if we can make some plays then we know we have some players.

THATHURMANATOR
12-13-2007, 08:46 AM

schobel is clearly the one having a down year.
You read my mind. Before injury Kelsey was outperforming Schobel IMO.....

Dr. Lecter
12-13-2007, 08:52 AM
I like hargrove better than either of them. He's a gangsta.

Schobel isn't having THAT bad of a year. He does also have 4 FF and a couple of big stops on short 3rd/4th downs.

Dont get me wrong, he isnt as good as last year; but he's been decent. Then again, he's being paid as a franchise DE and he hasnt been that.

Hargrove is not better than Denney or Kelsay. He has more flare, but is not better.

Mahdi
12-13-2007, 09:19 AM
I think the issue with our DEs is consistency... They come up with huge plays here and there which is great....but what makes a DE great is pressure on 3rd down when a pass is expected. This year all our DEs have made nice plays but are not consistently pressuring QBs. I think the Giants are a perfect example of consistent pressure, especially on 3rd down. The Packers with Kampman and Kabeer are another good example.

justasportsfan
12-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Denney played well but it was against the fins. Even Hargrove dominated against their OL. I'm almost sure Kelsay would've made plays against them too.

Kelsay for the most part hasn't had quantity plays but he's come up big. More quality than quantity.