PDA

View Full Version : With Fairchild leaving, does he take anyone with him?

LABillsFan
12-12-2007, 04:34 PM
What coaches could be drawn to CS along with Fairchild?

Ed
12-12-2007, 04:40 PM
I doubt any. I wouldn't consider an OC or DC coaching job at CSU better or more lucrative then an NFL position coaching job.

Gunzlingr
12-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Jauron?

LABillsFan
12-12-2007, 05:21 PM
I could see Schonert getting a chance to be an OC. He has been coaching for almost 13 years and has never held the position. Maybe he would welcome it.

historypete
12-12-2007, 08:25 PM
I hope they give Van Pelt a chance to win the O-Coordinator job. The guy might only be the quality control coach, but he has the perfect mind and playing experience to be an excellent coordinator, in my opinon. I think he is bright enough to call an aggressive game, while using the strengths of his playmakers to put them in positions to make plays.

YardRat
12-12-2007, 08:33 PM
I could see Schonert getting a chance to be an OC. He has been coaching for almost 13 years and has never held the position. Maybe he would welcome it.

Turk may get that chance in Buffalo.

LABillsFan
12-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Turk may get that chance in Buffalo.

Not saying he won't. But after the amount of time he's been in the league, you think he would have had an offer by now. Does anyone know if he ever interviewed to be an OC?

The Jokeman
12-12-2007, 10:49 PM
I hope they give Van Pelt a chance to win the O-Coordinator job. The guy might only be the quality control coach, but he has the perfect mind and playing experience to be an excellent coordinator, in my opinon. I think he is bright enough to call an aggressive game, while using the strengths of his playmakers to put them in positions to make plays.
One coud only hope he becomes another Jason Garrett ie career 3rd/2nd string QB who went on to be an excellent OC with his former team.

jamze132
12-13-2007, 03:21 AM
One coud only hope he becomes another Jason Garrett ie career 3rd/2nd string QB who went on to be an excellent OC with his former team.
He will. Hopefully in Buffalo.

TigerJ
12-13-2007, 12:23 PM
I doubt anyone goes with Fairchild. I don't see Colorado State having deep enough pockets to compete with the NFL for assistant coaches. I think Turn Schonert is going to end up as Buffalo's OC for the sake of continuity.

Ed
12-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Fairchild also has ties to Colorado State. I don't think anyone else on the team does.

The Answer
12-13-2007, 12:57 PM
What coaches could be drawn to CS along with Fairchild?

JP Losman - he could probably start for Colorado State and win a few games there.

~The Answer