• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Stuff About Cleveland That Scares Me

First let me say this week is such an unexpected yet pleasant surprise. My buddy FunTimes on here is a big Cleveland fan, and for the past few years we've been going back and forth about what team is worse. I don't think either of us expected this, but what do ya know. It's week 15 and the Bills and Browns are playing in a game with HUGE playoff implications. While I'm obviously pulling like crazy for Buffalo to win this game, if the Browns should win I hope they make the playoffs and pull a few miracles. Im a fan of that team too, in ways they're a lot like us.

Anyway. As anxious as I am about this game; there are some things/matchups about facing the Browns that scare the living **** out of me. Since this is Cleveland week and he's our "Browns guy" I think FunTimesYaY should contribute a few things about the Browns as well.

* I can't believe I'm saying this, but I fear George Wilson is going to be missed big time. He's more athletic than Jim Leonhard and although he may not be a "steady" in coverage; he has a knack for making a big play (2 defensive TDs) and he's a much more physical hitter. It's not even exclusively that Leonard is forced to start; it's that it changes the nickel package. I would ASSUME that this puts Ashton Youboty onto the field as the 5th DB. The only other option seems to be Scott. SCott seems to pass rush good, but I fear his coverage abilities against these great Browns WRs.

* Specifically, I fear the hell out Kellen Winslow. The guy is finally emerging as one of the elite TEs in football. Who's going to cover him? I would think Whitner.

* We all know what Braylon Edwards can do, but Joe J is a hell of a 2nd WR and I see him getting a lot of balls on third down. This is a very tough matchup for our secondary.

* That OL is the strength of the team, and many are saying Joe Thomas is the best rookie OT to come in the league in well over a decade. Somehow, someway Aaron Schobel HAS to play like the franchise DE we paid him to be and make some big plays over him.

* Defensively, we gotta contain that beast Wimbley.

* Lastly, the way our kick coverage has been lately, I'm petrified of Joshua Cribbs. I wouldn't do much kicking to him that's for sure.

In NO WAY am I saying we can't or won't be Cleveland. I'm just saying this is going to be a very tough and exciting game. I hope our young guys do a lot of growing up this game.

I think personally the key to beating Cleveland is the running game. I know the Edwards fanatics and fans of huge plays don't want to hear that; but we can't go drive for drive with the Browns offensively. We need to control the ball with Lynch/Jackson (who I think the Browns will have a tough time stopping) take advantage as they line up more guys in the box by looking for Evans/Reed, and create at least 2 turnovers defensively.

Yards mean nothing this game. The Browns WILL move the ball. We really need that "bend but dont break" defense to do exactly that. I think we can win a 24-20 type of game. I don't think we can win a 38-35 type of game against this team.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Stuff About Cleveland That Scares Me

Jurevicious is a bigger threat to me than Edwards or Winslow, and Cribbs scares the **** out of me also.

The weather is going to be key, and I see a lot more FG's than TD's being scored.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

The Browns will see the ball a handful of times & the Bills will punt 2 times, plan on the Bills rolling them.

Comment

• The Answer
        The Plagiarist
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Skooby
        The Browns will see the ball a handful of times & the Bills will punt 2 times, plan on the Bills rolling them.
        We held this team to 26 total yards in 2004 in a 37-7 route and have won 3 straight against them.

~The Answer

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by The Answer
          We held this team to 26 total yards in 2004 in a 37-7 route and have won 3 straight against them.

~The Answer
          Nothings changed except their schedule, which improved drastically on the easy side.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
            I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
            • Sep 2004

Quote:
            Originally Posted by The Answer

~The Answer

Nothings changed except their schedule, which improved drastically on the easy side.
            Oh no mis amigos, this year the brownies aren't the same 2004 team that we kicked and dragged ass before. They might be the same D or even a worst D, but they are a hell of an O and more. There is no way that we can keep this brown team on 7 points only. I want to beat them and I'm sure that we can do it, but let's face it, they are going to make some REAL damage on us. But WTF!!!???
            The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by The last buffalo fan
              Quote:

~The Answer

Oh no mis amigos, this year the brownies aren't the same 2004 team that we kicked and dragged ass before. They might be the same D or even a worst D, but they are a hell of an O and more. There is no way that we can keep this brown team on 7 points only. I want to beat them and I'm sure that we can do it, but let's face it, they are going to make some REAL damage on us. But WTF!!!???
              They are terrible on D & we just torched a better defense than them.

Comment

• The Answer
                The Plagiarist
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by The last buffalo fan
                Quote:

~The Answer

We are going to be able to T off and blitz like crazy in the 2nd half when we are up by 14 points or more - so expect Anderson to turn the ball over a lot.

~The Answer

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                  chop chop
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by The Answer

~The Answer
                  that stat means jack **** right now
                  Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                    chop chop
                    • Jun 2003

Nothings changed except their schedule
                    and their QB, WR's, TE, RB, and Offensive line...yeah, besides all that they're pretty much the same

sigh...
                    Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

yeah, they didn't get a QB who could actually play, a pair of big receivers, , the best OL in the last draft, a star TE who finally got healthy, or a decent coach. They're EXACTLY the same as the teams we beat

Come on, Skoob. Every time you talk like this, we lose. Cleveland has some flaws but they're a solid team and they've improved significantly since we beat them last. Both teams are completely different so what happened before is not a good basis for comparison.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Look who's heading the brigade saying the Browns suck. Skoob and the answer. That should tell you enough right there about the validity of their statements.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                          Will not tolerate vandalism.
                          • Apr 2006

This is going to be an offensive battle, no question about it.

The defense is going to have to come up strong, especially in the red zone. The last thing we need is to force Trent Edwards into desperation football. He plays his best when he can take his time and be meticulous. He can't do that down by 14.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                            Look who's heading the brigade saying the Browns suck. Skoob and the answer. That should tell you enough right there about the validity of their statements.
                            We led the brigade about Trent as well, SBZfan as too. Many of you tore us a new one & called it heresy, now you call it genius.

We'll take credit @ 4:00 pm This sunday again, Browns get rolled.

P.S. I'm cashing my + 6 wins ticket early next year. Many of you called me crazy then.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

We led the brigade about Trent as well, SBZfan as well. Many of you tore us a new one & called it heresy, now you call it genius.

We'll take credit @ 4:00 pm This sunday again, Browns get rolled.

P.S. I'm cashing my + 6 wins ticket as well early next year. Many of you called me crazy then as well.
                              At least bring up valid points to back your argument then.

Why will Buffalo roll Cleveland? I want to know your extensive knowledge of why Buffalo will route Cleveland. Are we talking a 28-10 type game? Are we talking 42-20? How will Buffalo either A. hold Cleveland to a low score or B. score 42? Why will DA turn the ball over a bunch? He has 14 INTs in 12 games. How are the short corners going to cover 6'3" Edwards and 6'5" JJ? Who's going to contain KII? Chris Cooley ate this defense alive, Cooley couldn't carry KII's jock.

The sad part is I like Bills football, but outlandish and downright wrong points come across as stupid. Such as saying the Browns are the same team in 04 as now minus schedule.

Even though, there's a new coach, new coordinators, new QB, new RB, new WRs, new TE, entirely different o-line...different defensive scheme on top of the fact Orpheus Roye and Andra Davis are the only same starters on D. But the Kicker is the same!

Comment

Working...
                              X