PDA

View Full Version : Adam Schein: Bills control their own destiny

Mitchy moo
12-13-2007, 01:24 PM
If the 7-6 Bills win out, starting with the enormous showdown this Sunday in Cleveland, Buffalo makes the playoffs.

Digest it if you will. The Buffalo Bills, who lost their first three games of the season, two by over 20 points apiece, control their own destiny to make the postseason.

That's coaching.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7559356

Mitchy moo
12-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Edwards is coming off of his best and most explosive game of the season. Evans can burn the Browns deep. Jason Peters is playing at a Pro Bowl level at tackle and deserves to go across the water to Hawaii. Lynch and Jackson should run well behind Jim McNally's offensive line. Everyone moves the ball on Cleveland. Cleveland's offense is simply explosive. But Buffalo does boast a star end in Aaron Schobel, a lock-down corner in Terrence McGee and a budding star at safety in Donte Whitner (yes, I was one of those who killed Jauron and company for taking the former Ohio State star with the ninth overall pick in 2006).

trapezeus
12-13-2007, 01:34 PM
good article, however the Interception in the Cowboys game wasn't returned for a touchdown. in fact it didn't even yield points. Digorgio INT'd a pass in the redzone.

See, i can bicker about almost anything.

Mr. Miyagi
12-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Though the article praises the Bills, it's full of typical general media ignorance in the details.

1. It's absurb to say that the Bills' talent level is at the bottom of the conference. We have as many weapons as most of the teams in the AFC. Lynch, Evans, Peters, Dockery, McGee, Whitner, Poz, just some of the bigger names. Half the teams in the conference don't have a name guy in these positions.

2. Bill Walsh did not recommend Edwards to Levy and that's why they took him. They drafted him first and then Walsh called to tell Levy what a good pick it was.

3. Lindell's kick in Washington was originally a 51 yarder, not 56.

4. As trapezeus said, the Edwards INT on Monday Night was not returned for a TD.

The guy is nothing but another sports yakker. He just regurgitates information from other yakkers and calls it an opinion.

Mitchy moo
12-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Though the article praises the Bills, it's full of typical general media ignorance in the details.

1. It's absurb to say that the Bills' talent level is at the bottom of the conference. We have as many weapons as most of the teams in the AFC. Lynch, Evans, Peters, Dockery, McGee, Whitner, Poz, just some of the bigger names. Half the teams in the conference don't have a name guy in these positions.

2. Bill Walsh did not recommend Edwards to Levy and that's why they took him. They drafted him first and then Walsh called to tell Levy what a good pick it was.

4. As trapezeus said, the Edwards INT on Monday Night was not returned for a TD.

The guy is nothing but another sports yakker. He just regurgitates information from other yakkers and calls it an opinion.

Lindell's first kick would've been good from 56 yards.

clumping platelets
12-13-2007, 02:23 PM
I hate that guys voice :ill:

Mr. Miyagi
12-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Lindell's first kick would've been good from 56 yards.
Ah I see what he's saying. :up:

Bill Brasky
12-13-2007, 02:27 PM

Jeez, for a minute I thought ICE74923409483294 had returned...

Ed
12-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Donte Whitner was also the 8th pick, not the 9th.

I think the biggest mistake in the whole article though, is stating that we control our own destiny.

Mr. Miyagi
12-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Jeez, for a minute I thought ICE74923409483294 had returned...
What?

OpIv37
12-13-2007, 02:44 PM

Whitner and Evans have both underperformed this year, McGee has struggled at times at CB (although he's been solid this year except for the Pats game), and Poz is injured. To some degree you have a point- he assumes we don't have talent cuz we don't have big names- but this team's talent is definitely not in the top half of the league.

Bill Brasky
12-13-2007, 02:45 PM
What?

i dunno, you just sounded like ice, on a level above everyone's intellect.

"In talking to Jauron, he made sure to mention how Lindell's first kick would've been good from 56 yards."

so in theory, it was Jauron who eluded to a 56 yarder, not the writer.

and if we have such a dominant talent pool, we wouldn't be ranked in the bottom half of every statistical category.

it doesn't really matter what anybody writes about the bills because 80% of you:

1 will know way more than the writer
2 will get pissed off and nitpick every detail to shreds

Mitchy moo
12-13-2007, 02:51 PM
i dunno, you just sounded like ice, on a level above everyone's intellect.

"In talking to Jauron, he made sure to mention how Lindell's first kick would've been good from 56 yards."

so in theory, it was Jauron who eluded to a 56 yarder, not the writer.

and if we have such a dominant talent pool, we wouldn't be ranked in the bottom half of every statistical category.

it doesn't really matter what anybody writes about the bills because 80% of you:

2 will get pissed off and nitpick every detail to shreds

It's just good to see nice things written about our team, look into no further.

Ed
12-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Jauron did state in his press conference that he thought Lindell would have nailed it no matter what, even if they backed him up 5 yards. That's probably where the 56 yard reference is coming from.

Mr. Miyagi
12-13-2007, 02:54 PM

This is true. Other than local reporters I guess we can't expect the national yakkers know any more about our team than we do, even though they're paid to follow the sport full time.

Bill Brasky
12-13-2007, 03:01 PM
yeah. though i don't really mind adam schein. he does a pretty good job of trying to cover all the teams fairly and he's usually pretty well informed. it's not like certain other networks/analysts that concentrate on the NFC East and 3 other teams.

i've never heard him say a bad thing about the bills that wasn't unwarranted. he's also one of the few that talks highly of our fan base.