PDA

View Full Version : Bills control destiny, but nothing from the players

trapezeus
12-13-2007, 02:38 PM
I feel like in years past, when the Bills controlled their destiny (um 2004 anyone?), the bills would talk about it ad naseum. They'd say they know they just have to win and that they can't take care of anything but what they control. And that the chips just have to fall as they may but they are focused on winning this upcoming game.

Invariably those Bills teams would lose their game despite the chips magically falling right in place.

This 2007 team has been very quiet about the whole thing with Cleveland. I hope that's a sign that they don't need to talk about the game, they just are going to go out and win the game.

I really hope this team has the cajones to make a run for the playoffs. While the NFL is not exactly like the NHL, once your in, anything can happen. Wouldn't it be nice to get a playoff win? Wouldn't it be nice to have people cover buffalo, watch the entire game, and then say something nice about us after the game?

I'm a dreamer.

OpIv37
12-13-2007, 02:40 PM
to be fair, we didn't control our destiny in '04. We needed the Jets to lose, and they eventually did in OT, but that game wasn't over until long after ours.

Mr. Miyagi
12-13-2007, 02:43 PM
***** Bledsoe blew it. :mad:

OpIv37
12-13-2007, 02:47 PM
***** Bledsoe blew it. :mad:

well, let's not forget the #2 ranked D getting smoked by the then- unknown Willie Parker and whoever their backup QB was (I want to say Tommy Maddox but I'm not sure).

That's not to defend Bledsoe or let him off the hook- just to say that it was a solid all-around team loss.

Dr. Lecter
12-13-2007, 02:50 PM
And Lindell missed a shortie too. I also think Moulds had the dropsies.

Ed
12-13-2007, 02:52 PM
We don't control our own destiny. That's why the players aren't talking about it. They're only talking about and focused on beating Cleveland.

Meathead
12-13-2007, 05:22 PM
the whole team collapsed in the worst choke job in franchise history against the pittsburgh third stringers

it was also the game that turned me against bledslow. even tho he was far from the only one to blame he was in the center of the mix and simply had to rise above bad to eek out that game. he didnt and it was the last straw

that game was as disappointing to me as the sb losses and surely was a worse choke job. after all the sb losses were against first stringers. after having the earth and moon and stars line up over the last four weeks to put the bills in that position they go and lose to the deep scrubs

megauberchoke