PDA

View Full Version : DJ was just on Sirius, here's some notes...

Mitchy moo
12-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Trent Edwards is first topic.

"Quick study. Works hard. May be nervous in-game but hides it well and does a good job. Hasn't turned ball over (knock on wood). Was good to get the 70 yarder to Lee, his two catches were huge. Gave us momentum."

Freddy and Marshawn talk.

"Very excited about the combo. Everytime Freddy plays in a game he looks really good - more than he just belongs. Fast, can catch, protects the ball. Marshawn has had a great attitued during and after the injury. Is really excited to play, likes to play the game, is a team guy."

Fairchild leaving.

"Great news and we're happy for Steve. Sad to lose a quality coach, but happy for Steve. All focused on Cleveland Browns. No problem with focus on two jobs - Bills come first. Told Jauron that his priority is this game, this season."

Where we're at in season two of Jauron

"Year started poorly, KE injury. Best thing for the team is that Kevin has continued to get better. Team is getting a better feel for each other and coaches throughout the year. Hopefully QB situaiton is settled. Getting more experience. We have talent, but really we have high character guys that all like each other and are fun to be around. The players want to win and work hard at it."

Cleveland O

"Tough, move the ball and scored on nearly everyone. Great skill players. Big players. Difficult match up, but that's part of the fun. We'll prep and play hard and see what happens."

Bills O

"Have to play well in all three phases to win. Need to stay on the field and score to keep the game winnable. Looking forward to it. Know it's a challange."

What will Trent get from the last two games (Wash., Miami)

"Both were different games. Great for Trent to take the team down at the end of the Wash game to win. Things went our way early in Miami, but then the momentum changed, but Trent helped change it back. Hopefully he'll get better and better each week."

Derrick Anderson

"Has size and physical talent. Confidence. Calm. Big targets. They can run well too. Young but playing at a high level"

This is a pseudo-playoff game, meaningful game

"Positive to talk about this in the locker room. Players have played themselves into this positions. Deserve credit, but still have to play hard. Team is embracing the opportunity to play for a playoff spot.

They also mentioned that if Pittsburgh wins and we win, we'll control our destiny the rest of the way. Said that Jauron deserves all of the credit that we're close to the playoffs.

Overall a typical Jauron interview, measured and always saying the right thing. Still it gets me even more fired up for Sunday!! Can we just skip tomorrow and Saturday and go straight to 1:00 Sunday NOW!?!?

Mitchy moo
12-13-2007, 03:44 PM
We just became steelers fans for this weekend only, slide a pair of yellow or black undies on and let's roll.

Note the Bold statement above from DJ.

m1orenz
12-13-2007, 03:50 PM
the got oak and houston right after so i doubt they could lose either of those games if they try

Mitchy moo
12-13-2007, 03:52 PM
the got oak and houston right after so i doubt they could lose either of those games if they try

They would have to fall down pretty hard to lose those 2 games but hey Pittsburgh hits hard, who knows anything after this season.

Ed
12-13-2007, 04:51 PM
I don't see how Jax losing effects are playoff chances. They're 9-4. Even if they lose, they can still finish 11-5 and secure the #5 seed. What does that have to do with the #6 seed?

TigerJ
12-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Mathematically, there is still room for Buffalo to pass Jacksonville ino the top WC spot. I'm not counting on it though. It would be nice to see Buffalo get into the last spot.

Mitchy moo
12-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Mathematically, there is still room for Buffalo to pass Jacksonville ino the top WC spot. I'm not counting on it though. It would be nice to see Buffalo get into the last spot.

Any spot.

billsburgh
12-13-2007, 05:52 PM
We just became steelers fans for this weekend only, slide a pair of yellow or black undies on and let's roll.

something to worry about then. Roethlisberger hasnt practiced the past 2 days and they're not sure if he'll be ready on sunday

HHURRICANE
12-13-2007, 05:53 PM
It's apparant that Trent has won the job beyond this year.

billsburgh
12-13-2007, 05:58 PM
It's apparant that Trent has won the job beyond this year.
this isn't fair to JP. he should be given another chance in training camp to win the job back. with a new offensive coordinator, who knows how good he could become.

HHURRICANE
12-13-2007, 06:13 PM
this isn't fair to JP. he should be given another chance in training camp to win the job back. with a new offensive coordinator, who knows how good he could become.

Sarcasm??

The Answer
12-13-2007, 06:20 PM
I don't see how Jax losing effects are playoff chances. They're 9-4. Even if they lose, they can still finish 11-5 and secure the #5 seed. What does that have to do with the #6 seed?

A lot can happen.

It's highly unlikely, but if the jags lose out (@ Pit, OAK, @Hou) they would be 9-7, so assuming we win out and finish 10-6 we could finish as the #5 seed, which opens the door for Cleveland or Tenn to still get in at #6.

Stranger things have happened - so stayed tune because it's going to be a wild ride these next few weeks if we keep the momentum going....

~The Answer

billsburgh
12-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Sarcasm??
SARCASM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed
12-14-2007, 09:54 AM
A lot can happen.

It's highly unlikely, but if the jags lose out (@ Pit, OAK, @Hou) they would be 9-7, so assuming we win out and finish 10-6 we could finish as the #5 seed, which opens the door for Cleveland or Tenn to still get in at #6.

Stranger things have happened - so stayed tune because it's going to be a wild ride these next few weeks if we keep the momentum going....

~The Answer
Yeah, I know we are still alive for the #5 seed. Hell, Denver is 6-8 and even they aren't officially eliminated from a wildcard spot yet. I just want someone to explain how Jax losing this weekend is a factor in us controling our own destiny. I just think that's wrong because even if we win and they lose, they're still ahead of us.

I just think they meant Tenn., not Jax. If we win and Tenn. loses, we definitely control our own destiny.

madness
12-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Go Buffkanburgh!

DraftBoy
12-14-2007, 10:05 AM

Never