PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Stat about the Browns

The Answer
12-13-2007, 05:30 PM
This is a very interesting stat that I found on another board regarding how the Browns fare against teams that commit to running the football. I also did the research to verify:

*They are 2 - 5 against teams that run the ball 25+ times a game this year*

And the two wins came against the jets last week, and that crazy last minute field goal against the Ravens that they should have lost.

So in conclusion, it's pretty much a given that we run the ball 25+ in this one given our two headed rushing beast. And if we keep their offense off the field we should win handily.

~The Answer

Mitchy moo
12-13-2007, 05:34 PM
Nice!!:brush:

billsburgh
12-13-2007, 06:00 PM
This is a very interesting stat that I found on another board regarding how the Browns fare against teams that commit to running the football. I also did the research to verify:

*They are 2 - 5 against teams that run the ball 25+ times a game this year*

And the two wins came against the jets last week, and that crazy last minute field goal against the Ravens that they should have lost.

So in conclusion, it's pretty much a given that we run the ball 25+ in this one given our two headed rushing beast. And if we keep their offense off the field we should win handily.

~The Answer
uh oh, dont let Brown the Boner see this. he will set you straight.

Ingtar33
12-13-2007, 06:13 PM
typically teams who run 25+ times are leading. i doubt this means much...

The Answer
12-13-2007, 06:15 PM
typically teams who run 25+ times are leading. i doubt this means much...

It means a lot - It means you are controlling the tempo of the game and decimating the Browns worst ranked defense and keeping their offense of the field.

We really don't want to get into a shootout with this team, although we do need to come out aggressive and throw the ball downfield early and often.

~The Answer

FatalShot
12-13-2007, 08:32 PM
That has calmed me a little about this game...but I'm still scared for this game and terrified for the rest of the season!

Mitchy moo
12-13-2007, 08:38 PM
That has calmed me a little about this game...but I'm still scared for this game and terrified for the rest of the season!

Fear, a powerful motivator.

Slim
12-13-2007, 08:38 PM

Seriously man i know how you feel. Watch us beat the Browns and Giants, then blow it agianst the Eagles :ill:

YardRat
12-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Just give me a win, I don't care what the stats are or how the points get on the board.

TigerJ
12-13-2007, 09:51 PM
If you get behind by a lot, it's tough to run the ball. If you get ahead, you want to run the ball because that runs down the clock. It could be that this stat tells us more about how the game evolved than what causes the Browns to lose. However, I have said that I think one of the keys to victory is to run the ball a lot. That is in part due the the rationale that The Answer cited, to keep the ball out of Anderson's hands. But is also due in part to the horrible weather forecast.

One thing that seems almost certain is that the weather will play a role in the outcome of the game.

madness
12-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Another interesting stat...

Last time the Browns won 6 home games in a season was under Belichick.

Stop haunting us, you bastard!

madness
12-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Another interesting stat...

Last time the Browns won 6 home games in a season was under Belichick.

Stop haunting us, you bastard!

Apparently he didn't hear me. :mad: