PDA

View Full Version : Why all the hating on Nate

83evans
12-13-2007, 07:13 PM
So he wanted a big contract because he was one of the best corners in the nfl and SF decided to offer him 80 million dollars to play for them and people call him greedy. If you were playing with a average contract and you wanted a new one and a so called rebuilding team offered you 80 million dollars to play for them, would you turn it down???

Devin
12-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Listen I dont fault any player for leaving Buffalo. THis is an organization that has been filled with one GM, coaching staff, QB change after another. And we as Bills fans tend to bash the guys who stood out during thier time here for wanting a change when they are due thier one shot at a big contract. Nate, E-Mo, Fletch.....etc. I dont blame them. Sad, dissapointed, maybe a tad angry....sure. But thats just being a fan.

I dont hate him or anything, I was dissapointed that he didnt seem to have any sort of loyalty or desire to stick around. But as I said above I cant fault him for that. In fact I find joy that he went where he did and the 49ers have failed so miserably. The fact that its an NFC team is just a bonus.

At the end of the day Nate got his big deal, he wont play it out which also makes me a little happy. But for him money was far greater of importance then staying here or even going to a contender.

BillsOverDolphins
12-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Nate had all his interceptions against the fins

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-13-2007, 07:25 PM
When a player proclaims himself "shutdown" he doesn't deserve any fans respect.

Mitchy moo
12-13-2007, 07:26 PM

F-Nate & his contract, he's an overrated *****.

Oaf
12-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Good post Dev.

Devin
12-13-2007, 07:33 PM
I hate myself, and everyone who isnt a Buffalo Bill

You can hate all ya like but the facts are Nate has hung some pretty gaudy numbers on the football field both as a CB and a return man.

I wouldnt classify him as shutdown but I would put him just a hair below that.

I dont believe Nate to be a bad guy and as a CB when you can boast numbers like 26 ints, 16 ff, 72 pass def, 7 career TD's.......etc you can brag a little.

I mean to put things in perspective after 7 seasons Rod Woodson one of, and arguably THE best, CB's ever had 28 ints. Champ Bailey has 29. And no im not saying Nate is better or anything of the like simply comparing him statistically to some of the best is all.

Did he deserve 80 mil? Of course not. But he didnt force anyone to make that kind of offer. They did and 9 athletes out of 10 arent gonna pass that up.

Remember kids the NFL is business first. Football second.

MikeInRoch
12-13-2007, 07:55 PM
I don't like Nate because he only played up to his potential in the last half of his two contract years. Tells me he doesn't care enough to bring it full tilt unless there's a pay day coming.

Slim
12-13-2007, 08:25 PM

Ya. Like that game when Chambers put up 210 on him.

G. Host
12-13-2007, 11:03 PM
I fault Nate for making plays for himself when he missed and Bills suffered.

He was more of a AttentionGrabber than a PlayMaker.

Mitchy moo
12-14-2007, 06:08 AM
I wish my odd uncle would of left me alone.

They have people that can help you express your feelings and repressions about that sickening time in your life, goodluck with it Devin.

Michael82
12-14-2007, 06:36 AM
I hate Nate for that Jacksonville Jaguars home opener game. :mad:

NorthCarBills
12-14-2007, 07:15 AM
I think most people saw Nate as a player who had tremendous ability but was too inconsistent week to week. He also conveyed somewhat of a pompass attitude in interviews, and presented a "show me the money" demeanor. When he left, I think those are the two traits many folks remembered him by.

You can tell the difference between a guy like Nate and other key, high profile FAs who left this year. Class acts like London and Takeo still get positive remarks thrown their way all the time (and deservingly so). Just goes to show how much leadership and charisma can affect people's opinions.

don137
12-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Nate is a great DB but Nate has always put his interests above the team's interests. Its hard for a TEAM to be successful when you have individuals looking out for themselves more than the "W". I have no ill will towards the guy. I wish him well.

Jan Reimers
12-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Nate's the kind of guy who will strut around after making big plays in meaningless situations, then get burned (e.g., Chambers, Wilford) when it really counts.

I just never liked his attitude.

EDS
12-14-2007, 10:42 AM
So he wanted a big contract because he was one of the best corners in the nfl and SF decided to offer him 80 million dollars to play for them and people call him greedy. If you were playing with a average contract and you wanted a new one and a so called rebuilding team offered you 80 million dollars to play for them, would you turn it down???

A lot of Bills fans seem to turn on a player once he gets a big contract, whether that be with the Bills or another team.

That is the same reason a lot of Bills fans will name a rookie as their favorite player - because of the persons potential and the fact that the warts haven't necessarily been exposed yet.