PDA

View Full Version : How can we

Oaf
12-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Stop Braylon, Joe, and Winslow using 5-10 McGee, 5-9 Greer, 5-11 Myboty, 4-8 Leonard, and 5-10 Whitner?
Thanks.

Oh, about pressuring the QB, I'm sure you know, but if you don't Anderson is the least sacked QB in the NFL. Does anyone here NOT think Schobel is going to pull his vanishing act for this game against Joe Thomas? I don't think Kelsay will do much either coming back.

The King
12-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Any Given Sunday Brotha.

Let Donte get a clean open field hit on any of those guys and see how focused they are if they cross the middle again.

justasportsfan
12-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Stop Braylon, Joe, and Winslow using 5-10 McGee, 5-9 Greer, 5-11 Myboty, 4-8 Leonard, and 5-10 Whitner?
Thanks.

Oh, about pressuring the QB, I'm sure you know, but if you don't Anderson is the least sacked QB in the NFL. Does anyone here NOT think Schobel is going to pull his vanishing act for this game against Joe Thomas? I don't think Kelsay will do much either coming back.
Let Lynch and Jackson neuter the dogs.

Mr. Pink
12-14-2007, 02:20 PM
The two biggest problems, as I see them, the Bills have against the Browns O...

Covering KII
Stopping JJ from converting 3rd and mediums - huge size advantage on whoever covers him.

OpIv37
12-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Let Lynch and Jackson neuter the dogs.

that's the way TO do it, but so far we've failed in the ball control game for most of this season. Even in some games we won- like the Skins game- we lost the TOP battle.

So in order to pull this one out, it's going to require damn near flawless execution.

Devin
12-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Isnt Schobel a RE? Isnt Joe Thomas a LT?

So wouldnt Kelsay be on Thomas and Schobel on Kevin Schaffer?

justasportsfan
12-14-2007, 02:24 PM
that's the way TO do it, but so far we've failed in the ball control game for most of this season. Even in some games we won- like the Skins game- we lost the TOP battle.

So in order to pull this one out, it's going to require damn near flawless execution.
keep pounding them with our running game anyways. They will get weaker than they already are and it keeps their O off the field. Frozen and licking their nuts.

OpIv37
12-14-2007, 02:25 PM
keep pounding them with our running game anyways. They will get weaker than they already are and it keeps their O off the field.

with the weather, we're probably not going to have much choice anyway.

I'm not sure if that favors us or not. Cleveland's best weapon is the pass, so anything that hurts that helps us. But at the same time, we havent' exactly been stellar at stopping the run or running the ball. So, we'll see- something has to give.

justasportsfan
12-14-2007, 02:29 PM
4 But at the same time, we havent' exactly been stellar at stopping the run or running the ball. So, we'll see- something has to give.huh?

patmoran2006
12-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Anderson has played great, but he's also notorious dating from back in college to turnovers.

I think he's thrown 15 picks this year.. He's great, but he can be forced into mistakes.

OpIv37
12-14-2007, 02:34 PM
huh?

well, if Cleveland can't pass and has to run the ball, stopping the run isn't exactly our forte. Remember, this is the team that routinely gives up 7 minute drives, even in wins.

As far as running, we had a great outing against the Dolphins and a decent one against the Skins even without Lynch, but the run blocking has been far inferior to the pass blocking this season and it's certainly not a standpoint.

So, if the weather's as bad as predicted, it slows down Cleveland's passing attack and forces us to play a running game where we really haven't excelled.

OpIv37
12-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Anderson has played great, but he's also notorious dating from back in college to turnovers.

I think he's thrown 15 picks this year.. He's great, but he can be forced into mistakes.

the question is "can the BILLS force him into mistakes?"

Our DL doesn't provide a consistent pass rush, and with the exception of the Dolphins game, our blitzes have been ineffectual.

DraftBoy
12-14-2007, 02:38 PM
prayers

THATHURMANATOR
12-14-2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks.

Is Leanord really 4 foot 8?

TacklingDummy
12-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks.

Schobel, Triplett, Kelsay, Denny , Hargrove etc.. will have to have their best game of the year rushing the passer.

Pressure, Pressure, Pressure.

OpIv37
12-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Schobel, Triplett, Kelsay, Denny , Hargrove etc.. will have to have their best game of the year rushing the passer.

reading that just destroyed what little confidence I had that we can win this game.

justasportsfan
12-14-2007, 02:48 PM
well, if Cleveland can't pass and has to run the ball, stopping the run isn't exactly our forte. .we've actually been one of the better teams against the run lately. We've grounded the best rb tandem in Taylor-Jones Drew. The stats may be decieivng but we're doing well against the run since the 2nd half of the season.

As far as running, we had a great outing against the Dolphins and a decent one against the Skins even without Lynch
but the run blocking has been far inferior to the pass blocking this season and it's certainly not a standpoint.,.then one would think we should be very successful against the worst D in the league.

So, if the weather's as bad as predicted, it slows down Cleveland's passing attack and forces us to play a running game where we really haven't excelled.
I disagree. It's been our weapon both defensively and offensively lately.

Jan Reimers
12-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Most DBs in this league are smaller than the WRs and TEs they cover. Unless Anderson throws a bunch of alley-oop balls - or turns into Peyton Brady - I think our coverage will be fine.

Mr. Miyagi
12-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks.

This isn't basketball. It's not going to be jumpball every time.

Mahdi
12-14-2007, 03:46 PM

The RE always faces the LT.... just like Schobel and matt light

Mr. Pink
12-14-2007, 03:49 PM
This isn't basketball. It's not going to be jumpball every time.

Actually, their offense is predicated on higher passes using the size edge to their advantage.

Oaf
12-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Thanks for staying on topic guys. It really is a difficult question to answer. One that will prove the clout of Dick Jauron and especially Perry Fewell. The front 4 will have to play the best game of their careers if we really just want to shut down their offense.

It's time for Kelsay and Schobel to earn their paycheck. It's time for McCargo to make a statement.

Oaf
12-14-2007, 03:52 PM
It would seem so when he was getting owned by Cooley.

FatalShot
12-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Hopefully, we overcome all the obstacles and kick their asses!! :gobills:

Meathead
12-14-2007, 04:13 PM
dont be stupid thats clearly an exaggeration

hes 4-7¾

Jimbuktu
12-14-2007, 04:25 PM
hahahahhahaha, 4-8 leohnard

Billzz
12-14-2007, 04:25 PM
We have done just fine against teams with 6 foot plus recievers, Dallas? I think you either watched around the horn or are just trying to read way to deep into this.

LABillsFan
12-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Most DBs in this league are smaller than the WRs and TEs they cover. Unless Anderson throws a bunch of alley-oop balls - or turns into Peyton Brady - I think our coverage will be fine.

I hate to break this to you but, that's how they're passing game is schemed. They throw high to use the height advantage.

EDS
12-14-2007, 05:59 PM

Think about that one for a while.

(Hint: Right side of the D lines up opposite the left side of the O).

Mike13
12-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Schobel is the only DL you guys have that is really a concern for the Browns IMO.

TigerJ
12-14-2007, 06:29 PM
"A wintry mix in the morning will transition to mainly snow in the afternoon. High 31 degrees. Winds north at 20-30 mph. Chance of precip 90%. Significant accumulation possible."

http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/coldandflu/weekend/USOH0195?from=36hr_topnav_flu

I certainly respect what Cleveland does. They are very dangerous. But Cleveland dealing with heavy snow and wind is bound to be a very different offense from Cleveland in 50 degree temps, sunshine and light winds.

LABillsFan
12-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Schobel is the only DL you guys have that is really a concern for the Browns IMO.

I think a game of this magnitude is going to bring out the best in all players on both teams. I liked what they did 2 weeks, their schemes are changing and I think they'll have something different again this Sunday.

Typ0
12-14-2007, 08:19 PM
the magic formula is the same as it always is for a good team to win...you have to move the football and not turn the ball over. It would be nice to see us not totally relying on the punter to win field position game.

Brown to the Bone
12-15-2007, 09:07 AM

Pressure, Pressure, Pressure.

You TD live up to your name no question there. I have posted this here for all to see. When your talking about beating any team, the 1st thing you must do is look at what has worked against them in the past. What the team strengths are and what their weaknesses are.

In the case of the Browns Offense the true source of their strength is the O line. I even saw it posted here that DA is the least sacked QB in the NFL. Now you take a sub par Defensive line that has had trouble getting pressure, and think that they are going to suddenly morf into a pass rushing beast. Wow, it shows what you don't know. A strength against a weakness doesn't add up to a winning game plan. Perhaps it's just me but nobody, has consistantly been able to apply pressure to DA, and poof all the sudden along comes the Sub par Bills D line and they are going to. Put down the pipe, and get to re hab NOW.:hitself:

The Browns offense has no real weakness. The only real chance that the Bills have of stopping the Browns offense is to double and triple up on K2 and BE, and hope like hell that DA tries to force the ball into tight coverage, otherwise forget it. The Browns are solid accross the board on offense. Great line solid RB and great recievers, and throw in a great TE, and well thats what your up against, honestly.

I might also mention, DA is leathal when blitzed, in fact that is the strongest part of his game. factor in that the Browns O Line is not good but great at picking up blitzs it would be pretty wise to try to stop the run and drop as many guys into coverage as possible. That is the only thing that I have seen that has had even a degree of success against the Browns O, and that folks is the Gods honest truth.

The defense gave up 157.4 YPG thru the 1st 4 games of this season, and sense have given up a 113.4 yards per game in the remaining 9 games. So while teams and their fans lick their chops thinking about the Browns poor run stopping, they have consistantly shown improvement as the season has gone on. Teams that are balanced seem to do the best against the Browns, and they run the best when they get the Browns in their nickle and dime packages. If I am the Bills I throw on 1st and second and run on 3rd. It's when team shouldn't be running the ball, that they have been able to gash the Browns running the ball. And hey if your 1st and goal on the 1 yard line throw the ball, I cannot even begin to tell you how good the Browns defense has been in short yardage, but trust me the short yardage area is a source of strength for this defense.

By all appearances the Browns secondary looks suspect when you look at the stats, but the truth is that they look more suspect then they actually are. Do to the fact that the Browns Offense is so good teams have had to open up their play book, and throw on the Browns secondary, and they have been pretty consistant in coming up with big plays when the game is on the line. Lately they have begun to be much better both in stoping the run and bringing pressure on the QB, which truly was the probelm with our secondary earlier in the season. The 32 ranking to the side this defense has shown vast improvement over the past month of the season. I realize that you can only look at what you have to go by, based on you most likely don't follow the Browns closely, so take it for what its worth to you, the Browns D is much much better then their stats would lead you to believe....

I am not giving exact stats so don't rip me for this. The Browns have begun to bring many more blitz's, in fact thru the 1st half of the season they seldom if ever did blitz, that has change some. They aren't a blitz happy team, but they do pick their spots, and they have been effective when blitzing. Again the stats aren't exact. The Browns as a team had like 7 8 sacks up until about a month ago since then they have about 15. They remain a work in progress but are much better then the stats would lead one to believe.

Now you all know the weaknesses of your team much better then I do, and for that matter their strengths as well. Oft times guys like me have only the stats to form our opinions on sense we don't follow the Bills. Thats said I would like to hear what you guys do well, what you don't do well, and areas where you need to improve. Lets try to get along, and keep it on football. That leaves you out Skooby becuase you don't talk football, you talk crap, as does the guy I am responding too TD, what a perfect name for you...

:nerd2:

:gobills:

Brown to the Bone

Kerr
12-15-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm confused. This is not basketball. Even Whitner has said this. As long as you have good timing and play smart, height disadvantages can be overcome. I know i've seen Turtle and Greer get a good jump on some pass breakups against taller receivers.