PDA

View Full Version : Who has the RB advantage in the Blizzard Bowl?

blackonyx89
12-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Buffalo has two fine young running backs to Cleveland's one. Pretty simple. Despite the inclimate weather,the Bills should be able to rack up some decent yardage. Jamal Lewis is old and even though he had a good game last week,will be contained this week.

Mr. Pink
12-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Apparently people don't realize that Lewis has A. more rushing yards on the year than Lynch B. better YPC C. less carries D. has missd two games. E. more catches F. more yards receiving G. more TDs

blackonyx89
12-15-2007, 11:08 AM
Apparently people don't realize that Lewis has A. more rushing yards on the year than Lynch B. better YPC C. less carries D. has missd two games. E. more catches F. more yards receiving G. more TDs

If Marshawn wasn't injured earlier in the season, his stats would be just as good as Jamal's.

shelby
12-15-2007, 12:56 PM
i love Fred Jackson and can't wait to see what he and Lynch can accomplish on Sunday.
:gobills:

DraftBoy
12-15-2007, 01:08 PM
wet, slippery, bad conditions only hurt Buffalo's run game, Lewis is a north south runner he does not dance nearly as much so there is less chance for the weather to effect him. Bad weather hurts us not helps.

RingofFire
12-15-2007, 01:11 PM
I think it helps us more because Cle is more dangerous throwing the ball. I prefer they run. And the weather does that!

raphael120
12-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Jamal Lewis is about equal to Lynch, only thing that Jamal has is a better offensive coordinator to utilize him very well.

Lynch hasn't been this lauded recieving threat at all. It's laughable how much he is underutilized in the passing game.

I think where we come out on top though is the dual threat of Jackson and Lynch. The Browns don't have an explosive backup RB like we do. But if it's crappy weather, the Ferrari Fred Jackson is going to be spinning his wheels and we'll have to rely on the all wheel drive Lynch.

DraftBoy
12-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Jamal Lewis is about equal to Lynch, only thing that Jamal has is a better offensive coordinator to utilize him very well.

Lynch hasn't been this lauded recieving threat at all. It's laughable how much he is underutilized in the passing game.

I think where we come out on top though is the dual threat of Jackson and Lynch. The Browns don't have an explosive backup RB like we do. But if it's crappy weather, the Ferrari Fred Jackson is going to be spinning his wheels and we'll have to rely on the all wheel drive Lynch.

Both Harrison and Wright are good backup backs, they may not equal a Jackson back but Harrison is a homerun threat with incredible speed.

YardRat
12-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Unless our defense can really step up and completely take Lewis out of the game, I think Cleveland's o-line has a definite advantage over our d-line.

I'll take it though...I like our chances against the run better if we can load the box and not worry as much about getting smoked in the passing game, especially with Wilson out.

The team that runs the best in the red zone will win tomorrow, IMO.

Philagape
12-15-2007, 03:44 PM
It doesn't matter which back is better ... a running game includes the o-line too, and that's where Cleveland beats us.

RingofFire
12-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Both Harrison and Wright are good backup backs, they may not equal a Jackson back but Harrison is a homerun threat with incredible speed. A HR threat? The guy doesn't even have 1 TD in his career! 170 yds over 2 years. A fifth rounder too

jamze132
12-15-2007, 05:50 PM
And you don't think the coming out party for Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow Jr. had something to do with Jammal Lewis's numbers thus far?

Look at what Lynch has along side of him.

jamze132
12-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Which ever team owns the trenches will win this week, if it snows...

TigerJ
12-15-2007, 08:50 PM

Everything in Cleveland's offense hinges on the passing game. They set up the run with the pass. If the weather takes away their passing game, expect their running game to suffer. Buffalo has struggled with the running game through much of the season, but their philosophy is to have balance, or overweight the run. The question is was last week a fluke because Miami is so terrible or the beginning of a trend. Given that Cleveland statistically has a terrible run defense, Buffalo just might have an advantage here.

odin
12-15-2007, 08:57 PM
A HR threat? The guy doesn't even have 1 TD in his career! 170 yds over 2 years. A fifth rounder too

To be fair, Fred Jackson also has 0 TD's and was undrafted...

Night Train
12-15-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm very impressed with J. Lewis. The media buried the guy a year ago and he showed he's still is a tank, when healthy. I'll give him his deserving props.