PDA

View Full Version : Parrish's extension means -

ghz in pittsburgh
12-15-2007, 08:21 PM
1) Peerless is gone.
2) Josh looks to be entrenched as a number 2 with Roscoe spelling him a few times.
3) I fully expect them to try to sign Lee long term, though I don't expect them to give him franchise tag kind of money. If Lee's camp does not co-op, then we may see them draft a WR high. Otherwise, don't expect them to spend big money on FA wide receiver this off season, considering the amount of money at WR position.
4) I do think getting a TE better than Royal will be high on their shopping list this winter. You don't necessarily need a super #2 receiver to take pressure off Lee. A top TE will do the job as well. For a team like the Bills where they have potential at running attack, a top-notch TE will be better suited than a good #2.

Speaking of Royal, I can see why Marv and Co. went out getting him last year. The guy obviously has a lot of upside compared to many productive TEs in this league. He's just not consistent. I'd give him that he did improve jis play from last year. Still, this is one of his peak years of his career. He just makes too many mental mistakes to my liking. With Trent, a good reliable TE goes a long way for the whole offense.

In short, I see the Bills in this off season extends Lee, spends big on a TE, drafts a center to replace Melvin in 2009, and drafts a backup QB for the offense.

YardRat
12-15-2007, 08:28 PM
1)Peerless was gone anyway.

2)I don't see Josh as entrenched and still think they'll try to upgrade #2 WR either with FA, the draft, or both.

3)I don't think Lee will be extended until the middle of next year, even though the FO may try before then.

4)TE should be a priority in the off-season or in the draft to get Royal's eventual replacement. We can live with him for one more year if we have to, and with Trent now at QB he may begin to perform more consistently anyway and eliminate the position as a priority.

Philagape
12-15-2007, 08:32 PM
For a TE to be a big enough threat to take attention off Evans, he needs to be really good right away.

The Jokeman
12-15-2007, 09:00 PM
For a TE to be a big enough threat to take attention off Evans, he needs to be really good right away.
That's why we need a veteran. There are a few in free agency but none other then Jerry Porter have really shown to be anything more then #3 depth guys which we have but do offer up some size.

Philagape
12-15-2007, 10:07 PM
My point is that it's more likely for a WR to help us right away than a TE.

The Jokeman
12-15-2007, 10:15 PM
My point is that it's more likely for a WR to help us right away than a TE.
It all depends, as if get an Eric Johnson or LJ Smith (assuming he returns to 2006/2007) form that that could open up things for our WRs of course it be great if can get a TE and a WR. As Edwards' has had some success with lesser passing receiving talents like Gaines and Royal.

Oaf
12-15-2007, 10:29 PM
Goodness.. do you realize how amazing our offense would be if we traded our 1st for TJ Housh and our 2nd for Clark?

A big #2 threat at WR and a downfield target at TE could easily make us a top 10 Offense. Think about it.

- OLine coming together GREAT.
- Most believe Edwards is the future. Looks that way so far.
- Reed and Parrish would be one of NFLs best slot tandems if we got a big #2 (Possession and Speed)
- Lighting/Thunder combo a la Bush/McCalister with Jackson and Lynch in the backfield
- Dynamic TE that can be a safety target for TE and can get down the seam downfield as well
- Evans sees double coverage AT MOST %50 of the time with a dual threat on the other side.

:drool:

The Jokeman
12-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Goodness.. do you realize how amazing our offense would be if we traded our 1st for TJ Housh and our 2nd for Clark?

A big #2 threat at WR and a downfield target at TE could easily make us a top 10 Offense. Think about it.

- OLine coming together GREAT.
- Most believe Edwards is the future. Looks that way so far.
- Reed and Parrish would be one of NFLs best slot tandems if we got a big #2 (Possession and Speed)
- Lighting/Thunder combo a la Bush/McCalister with Jackson and Lynch in the backfield
- Dynamic TE that can be a safety target for TE and can get down the seam downfield as well
- Evans sees double coverage AT MOST %50 of the time with a dual threat on the other side.

:drool:
I can't see the Colts trading Dallas Clark, especially with Marvin Harrison getting on in years I think Clark is Manning's favorite target. Housh is interesting but the Bengals have him locked up through 2008 and cinco ocho's locked up through 2010. If anything the Bengals might draft a WR high this year and let Housh walk after 2008.

ParanoidAndroid
12-15-2007, 11:43 PM
I can't see the Colts trading Dallas Clark, especially with Marvin Harrison getting on in years I think Clark is Manning's favorite target. Housh is interesting but the Bengals have him locked up through 2008 and cinco ocho's locked up through 2010. If anything the Bengals might draft a WR high this year and let Housh walk after 2008.

If Chris Henry can stay out of trouble, he'll break out, so Housh's successor is already there. They may need to free up some cap to upgrade that horrid defense. They made Shaun Hill look good tonight. Heck.....they made JP look like a pro-bowler.
Bryant Johnson is a tempting prospect in FA. There are no other UFA's at WR that would upgrade the Bills' at that position. I say get one through the draft.
Dallas Clark is going to be a FA. I don't see Indy letting him walk without a fight.