PDA

View Full Version : Does this mean Edwards cant play in the elements?

billsburgh
12-16-2007, 01:56 PM
is that what we have to look forward to in December in Buffalo with Trent? not hating, just asking

Illmatic15
12-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Right now he cant, but he will get used to it as time goes by...

Devin
12-16-2007, 02:05 PM
in like his 6-7th game of his rookie year yeah it would appear so.

Nighthawk
12-16-2007, 02:10 PM
I guess Anderson can't either...stupid question.

Luisito23
12-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Edwards is not the problem at all.....You can blame this loss on the stupid a## coaches as usual...Can't wait 'till this clown Fairchild finally gets the F otta here....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2007, 02:13 PM
is that what we have to look forward to in December in Buffalo with Trent? not hating, just asking
It RARELY is this bad of weather. Not like Anderson is lighting it up either. Edwards seems to be coming around as well.

justasportsfan
12-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Edwards is not the problem at all.....You can blame this loss on the stupid a## coaches as usual...Can't wait 'till this clown Fairchild finally gets the F otta here....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

He's part of the problem so far. 1 more quarter to go.

Crisis
12-16-2007, 02:14 PM
i'm not one to complain about fairchild and jauron, i dont think ive done it once all season

but fairchild's playcalling is a ****ing disgrace right now, absolutely terrible. it's incredibly predictable and ineffective.

Nighthawk
12-16-2007, 02:15 PM
The question is can Evans play in this weather? He's been invisible.

justasportsfan
12-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Not even Braylon can play in this condition if Trent was throwing to him the way he is.

Night Train
12-16-2007, 02:21 PM
According to the Joystick Community, it's ALL Fairchilds' fault.

MrBryson
12-16-2007, 02:23 PM
According to the Joystick Community, it's ALL Fairchilds' fault.

You disagree?

Philagape
12-16-2007, 02:29 PM
The timing is off on a lot of the passes, which means Edwards isn't adjusting to the slower routes.

Ultra Chimp 1
12-16-2007, 02:30 PM

Evans has been invisible all year...LOL

Oldbillsfan
12-16-2007, 02:30 PM
STill a winnable game

Night Train
12-16-2007, 02:31 PM
You disagree?

That Edwards can't play in the elements ? No.

I've seen him throw multiple passes that weren't even close today. Blaming Fairchild is like Rosie O'Fatty blaming spoons for being fat.

djjimkelly
12-16-2007, 02:40 PM

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

THE COACHES DIDNT WIN ANY OF THE 7 GAMES TRENT WON THEM ALL

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS

TheWingHead
12-16-2007, 03:09 PM
I agree, this is not Trent's problem at all, he is a rookie from California, he will learn. He started learning how to play with the wind at the end of the game. This game was blown by coaching. It is a shame that the coaches put the pressure on Trent in his first snow bowl by asking him to throw it long. Fairchild, you can leave now...

The Jokeman
12-16-2007, 03:09 PM
I think this year is showing that Evans is good WR but far from great. I still think he compares favorable to a guy like Terry Glenn, who is best served as a secondary WR.

Slim
12-16-2007, 03:11 PM
THE COACHES DIDNT WIN ANY OF THE 7 GAMES TRENT WON THEM ALL

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS

Why do you speak in caps?

Captain gameboy
12-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Funny how he had no problem in the shotgun.

Is that observation the result of idiotic decision making or what?

My college kid made the comment in the second quarter, stating it was an idea we should go to, but he is not going to Colorado State, so I guess it doesn't matter.

jamze132
12-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Blame Fairchild, the guy sucks!

Philagape
12-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Fairchild's play calling was an abomination, but if Edwards plays in another snow game, he has to adjust to his receivers not running as fast as he's used to.
And this isn't weather-related, but sometimes he needs to remember his receivers aren't tall either.

All fixable with experience (and bigger receivers).

njsue
12-16-2007, 05:04 PM

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

I know that's right, luisito! Jauron has to hire an OC with some REAL GUIONES! :snicker:

TacklingDummy
12-16-2007, 05:05 PM

how many times in your lifetime have you seen the Bills play in weather as bad as today?

njsue
12-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Trent did a heck of a job today. He threw darn good balls. But, the WR's TE???

Kudos to Josh Reed for playing a good game and making the catches he was supposed to.

The weather well what team can execute a great game in a Blizzard.

IMO Trent Edwards is the real deal. Just put a better team/coach in for him. Look out for the bills.

Royal is a dufus! :mad:

Captain gameboy
12-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Put Trent in the shotgun.

Give him a one or two back offense.

Watch what happens when Marshawn or Fred get the ball with six feet between either and the defender.

Watch how accurate Edwards is from the shotgun.

It was so darned obvious, but we didn't do it.

The Jokeman
12-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Trent did a heck of a job today. He threw darn good balls. But, the WR's TE???

Kudos to Josh Reed for playing a good game and making the catches he was supposed to.

The weather well what team can execute a great game in a Blizzard.

IMO Trent Edwards is the real deal. Just put a better team/coach in for him. Look out for the bills.

Royal is a dufus! :mad:
Royal is what he was when brought him in here. A backup TE whose inconsistant catching the ball and best served as a blocker first, receiver second.

colin
12-16-2007, 05:24 PM
royal is ok.

he can be my TE, but gaines is a street FA. double TEs is sad.

the thing is our wr's are junk. evans is a good deep threat guy, but other than that he ain't jack. he isn't tough and doesn't go after the ball hard.

trent could be better, but both qbs looked about the same out there overall.

fairchild is horrible.

PromoTheRobot
12-16-2007, 05:51 PM
It's only one game, but I'll admit I'm concerned.

PTR

don137
12-16-2007, 05:57 PM
What a stupid thread. The elements affect all quarterbacks. I guess since Brady was only able to lead NE to one offensive TD he can't play in the elements and he is wortheless as well..

billsburgh
12-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Put Trent in the shotgun.

Give him a one or two back offense.

Watch what happens when Marshawn or Fred get the ball with six feet between either and the defender.

Watch how accurate Edwards is from the shotgun.

It was so darned obvious, but we didn't do it.
Thanks Fairchild

TigerJ
12-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Trent obviously did not have a good game. It was, however his first bad weather game, and I would not write him off and say he can't play in horrible conditions on the basis of one game. There are some things he has to learn about playing in bad weather to be sure. Overall, it looked to me as if the Browns were far more ready to play in the foul weather than the Blls. I don't think Fairchild called an especially smart game. The game announcers made the observation that the Browns' receivers were not trying to make hard cuts, but were rounding off their routes, but the Buffalo DBs, because they were reacting still had to makle the hard cuts to stay with them. That was impossible because of the footing. Buffalo, so they said, wasn't doing that. Cleveland made lots of easy yards using misdirection, making it appear as if the play was going one way, then doing something in a different direction. That made it hard on the defensive players, because the footing would not let them plant hard and change direction. Buffalo did too little too late with misdirection. Too many times I saw the Buffalo running back plow straight ahead into a knot of players and go nowhere.

To summarize, it looked to me like a total team effort. Buffalo got out thought, out strategized, and out executed from the coaches on down. When it comes to hiring a replacement for Fairchild, one criteria that I think the Bills ought to include would be experience in bad weather games, including conditions like they faced today.

jmb1099
12-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Not to over simplify, but...

1) He's a rookie
2) White jersey's was not the brightest move today
3) The vaunted browns offense scored 8 points, hardly a blowout.

RingofFire
12-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Why do you speak in caps? :lol: