PDA

View Full Version : Well there is always next year

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2007, 02:44 PM
I am so ****ing sick of saying this.

Illmatic15
12-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Atleast we have some nice young players to look forward to in Lynch, Edwards and Whitner. Hopefully we pick up a big WR like Limas Sweed in the draft. I thnk we might make the playoffs next year...

djjimkelly
12-16-2007, 02:47 PM
WE HAVE NOTHING TO LOOK FORWARD TOO STOP KIDDING YOURSELF

Nighthawk
12-16-2007, 02:49 PM
I am so ****ing sick of saying this.

There is next year, but it will be the same crap if Dickey is here, so really...is there a next year or just another crappy year?

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2007, 02:49 PM
WE HAVE NOTHING TO LOOK FORWARD TOO STOP KIDDING YOURSELF
We aren't talking about your personal life man. We were talking about the bills

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Atleast we have some nice young players to look forward to in Lynch, Edwards and Whitner. Hopefully we pick up a big WR like Limas Sweed in the draft. I thnk we might make the playoffs next year...
Agreed

The Jokeman
12-16-2007, 03:05 PM
It's nice to think we'll have an impact rookie next season but the truth is most rookies don't make big impacts especially at the WR position. Instead I say sign a veteran. As that last drive shows we lack a viable receiving threat outside of Evans. I think Josh Reed is showing that he is a good 3rd WR this season but we still need someone else out there.

billsburgh
12-16-2007, 03:06 PM
hey, look at the bright side. That ****ing worthless Fairchild is out of here.

dannyek71
12-16-2007, 03:06 PM
buffalo does this same type of thing every year. We have been 1 year away from the playoffs for about the last 10 years

PcA125
12-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Lets be real... we shouldnt have even have been this close to the playoffs.

BillsOverDolphins
12-16-2007, 03:08 PM
we have some good impact rookies but come signing day we'll let them go...this team has been a black hole since 99

Slim
12-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Im as heated as anybody right now. But, out of all the other shortcomings since recently. Im more optomistic about next season then i've been in a while.

djjimkelly
12-16-2007, 03:10 PM
We aren't talking about your personal life man. We were talking about the bills

ONCE AGAIN I MAKE 6 FIGURES I GOTO CARIBBEAN ONCE A YEAR MY G/F IS 125 POUNDS AND FIT.

IM TALKING ABOUT THE BILLS LOL

BillyT92679
12-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Does anyone remember 1987? We were moribund for years, got screwed at the beginning of the season by being terrible during the strike games, rallied back to be 7-6, then dropped the last two to the Pats and Eagles and missed the playoffs.

That's what this really feels like to me.
It's not like the Bills were favored to win. I'm as bothered as anyone that they lost, but they're still a year away, getting talent back, and another good draft, from being very good.
Cleveland to me screams flash in the pan. I actually think they don't make the playoffs this year. I think Cincy beats them next week and they lose out on the last playoff spot.
If you remember 1987, you'll remember 1988.

BillsOverDolphins
12-16-2007, 03:13 PM
atleast the dolphins look like they're going to lose...that always helps ease the pain

BillyT92679
12-16-2007, 03:16 PM
1987 seems the best approximation. We had a rookie LB from Penn State in Conlan, another rookie at LB from Alabama in Biscuit, we had Robb Riddick and Greg Bell (before we traded him for Biscuit) as our leading rushers, we had a QB in his second NFL season and fourth overall as a pro, we played considerably better on the defensive side of the ball... Andre was the number one guy... but after him we had Chris Burkett.

BillsOverDolphins
12-16-2007, 03:16 PM
goddamnit stover

The Jokeman
12-16-2007, 03:17 PM
hey, look at the bright side. That ****ing worthless Fairchild is out of here.
and we know that his replacement is going to be any better? we ran numerous OCs out of town such as Henning, Gilbride and Clements and yet the offense hasn't improved. I say it's time we start getting some palyers for the offense. As the last big name UFA we signed I can remember was Quinn Early, thankfully we also drafted a WR that year by the name of Moulds.

Slim
12-16-2007, 03:18 PM
ONCE AGAIN I MAKE 6 FIGURES I GOTO CARIBBEAN ONCE A YEAR MY G/F IS 125 POUNDS AND FIT.

:rofl:

Funniest post i've read all day. :rofl:

BillyT92679
12-16-2007, 03:19 PM
if the Ravens lose to Miami, I guarantee Billick gets fired, no matter what the front office says
maybe we can scoop him up to be the O Coordinator

Slim
12-16-2007, 03:20 PM
if the Ravens lose to Miami, I guarantee Billick gets fired, no matter what the front office says

They lost.

SabreEleven
12-16-2007, 03:21 PM

but you live in Canada so it all evens out in the end.

The Jokeman
12-16-2007, 03:24 PM
I covered this topic a few weeks ago and just brought it up again. Feel free to comment.

Oaf
12-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Yep, start the countdown for Sunny September! Just nine months to go!

:puke:

hydro
12-16-2007, 03:33 PM

Hey look at this guy, he is so cool with the all caps post and bragging about how great his life is. I totally believe him too!

jamze132
12-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Does anyone remember 1987? We were moribund for years, got screwed at the beginning of the season by being terrible during the strike games, rallied back to be 7-6, then dropped the last two to the Pats and Eagles and missed the playoffs.

That's what this really feels like to me.
It's not like the Bills were favored to win. I'm as bothered as anyone that they lost, but they're still a year away, getting talent back, and another good draft, from being very good.
Cleveland to me screams flash in the pan. I actually think they don't make the playoffs this year. I think Cincy beats them next week and they lose out on the last playoff spot.
If you remember 1987, you'll remember 1988.
And you also remember a couple years later when we start our Super Bowl run...

GO BILLS! (misus Fairchild)

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2007, 03:58 PM

Oh oops my bad!

Well heres to hoping the Bills improve for next year

bbf23
12-16-2007, 03:58 PM
who would like to see us draft limas sweed in the draft? who do u want us to draft?

jamze132
12-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Asside from Alex Van Pelt, he would be my top choice but he will find a HC job elswhere. (Atlanta)

BillyT92679
12-16-2007, 04:04 PM
And you also remember a couple years later when we start our Super Bowl run...

GO BILLS! (misus Fairchild)
exactly

the puzzle pieces aren't quite there yet. They will be shortly...
honestly, it never felt right this year... the Pats were too good... we would be nothing more than a six seed
there is a sea change going on... and it's for us and the Jaguars (perhaps the Browns, but like I posted earlier, I think they're a flash in the pan).

I think the Pats and the Colts will begin to, ever so slightly, falter after this season... teams nipping at their heels will get good when the time will be right to really be competitive for the division.

What I would like would be the miracle season... not just playoffs but somehow, someway catch the Pats during a down year and actually win the division. I'd love a home playoff game for once.

Unless the Steelers collapse down the stretch, the Browns will be the second place team in the AFC North and they will come to Buffalo next year.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-16-2007, 04:09 PM

Translation:

I work at McDonald's, live in my mother's basement and my boyfriend is 300 pounds.

Remember folks... this is the Internet.

EDS
12-17-2007, 10:08 AM

This is an all time classic "napoleon" post.