PDA

View Full Version : Im Proud of the Bills

The King
12-16-2007, 03:45 PM
Today was heartbreaking no doubt. But koudos to Jauron and this team to get here. This team over achieved all season long. And I am proud of what we were able to do. lets finish the year with a winning record and have a great off season.

Then next year we can kick down the mF door!

Crisis
12-16-2007, 03:47 PM
the real deal holyfield is going to have a huge sophomore season

The King
12-16-2007, 03:49 PM
the real deal holyfield is going to have a huge sophomore season
Fn A

Lexwhat
12-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Some people seem to say it every year, but this year I am really looking forward to next season. That was NEVER the case with JP.

We have an overachieving defense and a great defensive coordinator. We have a franchise QB and a real offensive line.

I hope we spend wisely in the offseason and bring in some quality players via the draft and free agency. I hope Marv realizes what needs to be done.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Here we go again.

We think we're going to get better next year and what happens?

5-11. 6-10. 3-13.

It's all over but the sale...

HHURRICANE
12-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Here we go again.

5-11. 6-10. 3-13.

Obviously the off-season is important but this team will be much better next year.

I don't think this will be a "here we go again" kind of next year.

Crisis
12-16-2007, 04:32 PM
i can't wait to see ko and poz play again.

Devin
12-16-2007, 04:35 PM
As I stated in another thread this offseason is our most critical of the last 3. If we are to turn the corner this is the year it needs to happen.

With 10 draft picks, and quite possibly an 11th from Losman that could be anywhere from a 2nd to 5th as well as what 33 mil in cap space?

Marv and company need to make this one count.

All in Ralph!

YardRat
12-16-2007, 04:38 PM
This is the most confident about 'next year' that I've felt in a few years going into an off-season.

We could really make some noise in '08.

Forward_Lateral
12-16-2007, 04:39 PM
I'm proud. I just hope Jauron can keep them motivated, and possibly finish 9-7. I'd even be happy with 8-8, all things considered.

njsue
12-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Today was heartbreaking no doubt. But koudos to Jauron and this team to get here. This team over achieved all season long. And I am proud of what we were able to do. lets finish the year with a winning record and have a great off season.

Oh yeah. :pray: we can challenge the CHEATRIOTS for the AFC EAST TITLE. :D

OpIv37
12-16-2007, 05:04 PM

overachieved by being 0-7 against winning teams? Overachieved by failing to score an offensive TD 4 times, and failing to score any TD's 3 times? Overachieved by having the best unit on the team- ST- choke when it counted the most?

Please. We didn't do anything except beat up on some weak opponents. If you consider that an accomplishment, you've set the bar way too low and accepted mediocrity for this team.

Devin
12-16-2007, 05:05 PM
overachieved by being 0-7 against winning teams? Overachieved by failing to score an offensive TD 4 times, and failing to score any TD's 3 times? Overachieved by having the best unit on the team- ST- choke when it counted the most?

Please. We didn't do anything except beat up on some weak opponents. If you consider that an accomplishment, you've set the bar way too low and accepted mediocrity for this team.

right on cue.....

The Jokeman
12-16-2007, 05:11 PM
As I stated in another thread this offseason is our most critical of the last 3. If we are to turn the corner this is the year it needs to happen.

With 10 draft picks, and quite possibly an 11th from Losman that could be anywhere from a 2nd to 5th as well as what 33 mil in cap space?

All in Ralph!
The only issue might be the new OC. As a new offense is going to taking some adjusting to as will be any new players brought in. Not to mention if Edwards' play slips I wouldn't be shocked. As think the term sophmore slump has more to do with expectations. As some are expecting Edwards to throw no less 25 TDs next season, where I think we can expect 16-20 as being more realistic. I also worry about the D, as they've played better than I thought they would this year so going to hope they can reproduce next year but have a feeling they might take a step back too.

shelby
12-16-2007, 06:16 PM
i am proud of the Bills...they surpassed my expectations this year.
:gobills:

Here's to a great '08!

SpillerThrills
12-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Think of it this way, with all the injuries to this team, with the situation at QB and the lack of an OC I think Jauron did a great job with this team. most of us were thinking that this team was gonna have at the most 6 wins! for this team to have a chance to finish 9-7 is unbelievable.... people need to realize that we have been rebuilding for like 5 years now and we have finally turned the corner. we are a couple recovered players and a draft pick/ FA pickup away from challenging for a divisional championship. I think this team will be a real force to be reconded with next year, but first we have to finish this year out strong! LETS GO BILLS!!!

raphael120
12-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Here we go again.

5-11. 6-10. 3-13.

It ****ing sucks that honestly that's what we've become accustomed to.

raphael120
12-16-2007, 07:04 PM

All in Ralph!

We can't piss away draft picks like we did with Youboty, Dwayne Wright (who fell off the face of the planet)

We need all of our day one picks to be impactful and make the team and start. And for the love of God we can't reach with our picks either. I still am not convinced we couldn't have gotten Whitner in the second round or got someone of equal talent later on in the draft. Dude is just not showing he deserved to go in the first round at all, let alone top 10.

Oaf
12-16-2007, 07:09 PM
I looked forward quite a bit after last season's late run. I agree with Johnny. It's like 3-13, 6-10, 8-8 aaaaaaannnnnndddd, 5-11, thennnn 9-7, followed byyyyyyy 7-9.

It's an awful trend

Oaf
12-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Anyone think we can trade Youboty and Wright for a 4th?

Billzz
12-16-2007, 07:55 PM

:deadhorse

OpIv37
12-16-2007, 09:24 PM

intelligent, insightful commentary.

In case you didn't notice, it's still the 2007 season, so what's happened over the 2007 season is still relevant. And once again, in 2007, the Bills weren't good enough.

You can try to make it seem irrelevant if you want, but it's the truth. This team still has a long way to go, and to be "proud" of beating up lower tier teams and failing in big games is just ridiculous.

Typ0
12-16-2007, 09:26 PM

I really would have felt better had TE made a good throw just a little bit earlier and the receivers been ready for it.

Billzz
12-16-2007, 09:31 PM
intelligent, insightful commentary.

In case you didn't notice, it's still the 2007 season, so what's happened over the 2007 season is still relevant. And once again, in 2007, the Bills weren't good enough.

You can try to make it seem irrelevant if you want, but it's the truth. This team still has a long way to go, and to be "proud" of beating up lower tier teams and failing in big games is just ridiculous.

We know you have mentioned it about 1 billion times in 2007. The comment about beating a dead horse still applies so here it is again.............

OpIv37
12-16-2007, 09:34 PM
We know you have mentioned it about 1 billion times in 2007. The comment about beating a dead horse still applies so here it is again.............

um, my comment was about losing to bad teams- how exactly is it beating a dead horse when it just happened AGAIN 6 hours ago? It's the same day of the game, I'm talking about the results of the game, and you say it's beating a dead horse. Get ****ing real.

jpdex12
12-16-2007, 09:44 PM

Tru-dat! Imagine another Beast cartoon kicking in a door on the jumbotron for the first game next year...

im4bflo
12-16-2007, 11:19 PM
Hell Yeah! Give me more Marshawn(BEAST MODE)Lynch!
The second coming of the " POZ "
A better OC !!!
A killer draft, and we'll be playoff bound!

Historian
12-17-2007, 04:46 AM
One more draft and this team will be born again hard.

Just like Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket!

Typ0
12-17-2007, 08:17 AM
One more draft and this team will be born again hard.

Just like Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket!

I feel that way too...but we need another good QB on this roster as well and that is not going to come through the draft. We have a lot of opportunity in this upcoming draft to clean up some things we don't do well.

The King
12-17-2007, 08:37 AM
I feel that way too...but we need another good QB on this roster as well and that is not going to come through the draft. We have a lot of opportunity in this upcoming draft to clean up some things we don't do well.

I agree we def need a FA vet to come in.

tat2dmike77
12-17-2007, 10:19 PM
um, my comment was about losing to bad teams- how exactly is it beating a dead horse when it just happened AGAIN 6 hours ago? It's the same day of the game, I'm talking about the results of the game, and you say it's beating a dead horse. Get ****ing real.

Serously why do you even claim to be a Bills fan.

If you get a 46" LCD tv will still ***** cause you wanted a 60"? All you do is claim well they beat a sub par team. Isn't a team that is improving supposed to beat those teams? All you do is whine man really it gets old.

Why don't you go jump on the patriots bandwagon if you want perfection. I'm sure you would still ***** about that. Oh well they only beat the jets by 10 so it's not a quality win. Last i checked this is the NFL full of quality players not like college where you play maybe 4 or 5 quality teams a year.

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Serously why do you even claim to be a Bills fan.

If you get a 46" LCD tv will still ***** cause you wanted a 60"? All you do is claim well they beat a sub par team. Isn't a team that is improving supposed to beat those teams? All you do is whine man really it gets old.

Why don't you go jump on the patriots bandwagon if you want perfection. I'm sure you would still ***** about that. Oh well they only beat the jets by 10 so it's not a quality win. Last i checked this is the NFL full of quality players not like college where you play maybe 4 or 5 quality teams a year.

I hope you realize how hypocritical this statement is.

I don't want to watch any team win. I want to watch the BILLS win. If it were that easy, I would have bailed a long time ago. But it's not- I'm a Bills fan to the end.

My whining gets old? no, the losing gets old. My whining stops when the losing stops. Your statement that I'd just demand more is based on NOTHING since this team hasn't won **** since this message board has been in existence.

As far as your TV analogy, it's ridiculous. We don't have a 46" TV or a 60" TV. The Patriots have a 60" plasma and people like you are happy because we upgraded from an AM radio to an FM radio. Wow. Impressive.

As far as the "quality" wins, you just don't get it, do you? Yeah, we're supposed to beat those teams, but when we BARELY beat them and play like **** the whole game, it doesn't mean much. And the 0-7 record against .500 or better teams is proof of that. We may have won the battle, but barely beating crap teams shows just how far we are from winning the war.

But hey, continue to brag about your FM radio. Continue to be proud of beating the dregs of the NFL and being on the outside looking in come playoff time. I want more for this team and I'm disappointed that so-called "fans" such as yourself don't.