X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lexwhat
    • Feb 2005

Whiners...

I can't believe the whining on this board. People wanna ***** just for the hell of it...

Some thoughts:

- What a great job by Perry Fewell and our defense. They allowed 6 points to the Browns offense, and kept their receivers in check the whole game. Our safeties even played well.

- Keith Ellison, however, is the weak link on defense.

- Trent Edwards didn't play well overall, but what a great drive at the end. He looked like a veteran on that drive. Also, look at how many drops our receivers had in this game. He is a promising QB that doesn't make crucial mistakes...

- Steve Tasker commented on the play-calling: "The ball is snapped, the QB either goes left or right for the handoff, and the RB takes the handoff and goes in that same direction." Fairchild is more concerned about Colorado State than the Bills.

- Again, you can blame Jauron if you want, but this defense came to play.
  • historypete
    • Feb 2005

Re: Whiners...

Anytime the defense gives up 6 points, they played a great game. Esepcially considering how potent Clevelands offense is and the weather. I thought Fewell has done an excellent job all year considering the injuries and rotating players.

Now, Fairchild on the other had, he has been the main problem all year.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Lexwhat
      I can't believe the whining on this board. People wanna ***** just for the hell of it...

Some thoughts:

- What a great job by Perry Fewell and our defense. They allowed 6 points to the Browns offense, and kept their receivers in check the whole game. Our safeties even played well.

- Keith Ellison, however, is the weak link on defense.

- Trent Edwards didn't play well overall, but what a great drive at the end. He looked like a veteran on that drive. Also, look at how many drops our receivers had in this game. He is a promising QB that doesn't make crucial mistakes...

- Steve Tasker commented on the play-calling: "The ball is snapped, the QB either goes left or right for the handoff, and the RB takes the handoff and goes in that same direction." Fairchild is more concerned about Colorado State than the Bills.

- Again, you can blame Jauron if you want, but this defense came to play.
      Our safeties played well? What game did you watch? Whitner couldn't cover Winslow for **** and missed several tackles on Lewis.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Lexwhat
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
        Our safeties played well? What game did you watch? Whitner couldn't cover Winslow for **** and missed several tackles on Lewis.

Ahhhh, there you are, whiner.

Winslow had 2 catches for 28 yards. Winslow, Edwards, and Jurevicius COMBINED for 8 catches the whole game (D.Anderson only completed a total of 9 passes).

You can talk about Jamal Lewis if you want. But the Browns scored ZERO points in the 2nd half. For the game, they 4/14 on 3rd down, and punted 7 times. Oh, they were also the Home team.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
          Will not tolerate vandalism.
          • Apr 2006

8 years. No playoffs.

Whoever let the Bills minister of propaganda on the board needs to apologize.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Ahhhh, there you are, whiner.

Winslow had 2 catches for 28 yards. Winslow, Edwards, and Jurevicius COMBINED for 8 catches the whole game (D.Anderson only completed a total of 9 passes).

You can talk about Jamal Lewis if you want. But the Browns scored ZERO points in the 2nd half. For the game, they 4/14 on 3rd down, and punted 7 times. Oh, they were also the Home team.

How many times was Winslow open but either couldn't pull it in or Anderson missed him? I counted at least 2.

And in case you didn't notice, Cleveland was RUNNING the ball for pretty much the entire 2nd half. You don't exactly have to pass much when you have an 8 point lead and an RB who rushes for 165 yards.

So those stats are skewed- your giving our safeties credit for Cleveland's choice to run the ball.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Lexwhat
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
              How many times was Winslow open but either couldn't pull it in or Anderson missed him? I counted at least 2.

And in case you didn't notice, Cleveland was RUNNING the ball for pretty much the entire 2nd half. You don't exactly have to pass much when you have an 8 point lead and an RB who rushes for 165 yards.

So those stats are skewed- your giving our safeties credit for Cleveland's choice to run the ball.

Fair enough, about the "skewed" stats.

But honestly, what more could you want? We held them to 2 field goals in the first half, and 0 points in the 2nd half. One of those field goals was a miracle.

Whether it was rushing or passing, they couldn't find the end zone.

An 8 point lead is nothing in the NFL. Again, what more could you ask for from the Bills defense? Blizzard or not, they did their job.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                • Apr 2004

I agree that the defense did their job. However, there was no excuse for some of the missed tackles which could have given us more opportunites on offense.
                The "bend-but-don't-break" defense is great if you have an offense that can score.
                The playcalling was predictable and Trent was not as accurate as he has been. They never allowed him to get in rhythm.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                  8 years. No playoffs.

Whoever let the Bills minister of propaganda on the board needs to apologize.

Look, there are lots of reasons for the playoff drought. However, that's a whole different debate.

There is enough blame to go around, starting with the front office ... A big reason is that we haven't had a capable starting QB in all those years. Now, for the first time, I believe we do.

Concerning today's game, I think the defense did everything it possibly could to win. I don't know what more people could ask for from this defense.

Comment

• Bone
                    Bone
                    • Oct 2006

Dear Whiners

People can be upset/bumbed whatever. BUT

You knew all along were not a playoff team.
                    BILLIEVE

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Re: Dear Whiners

Originally posted by Mitch20
                      People can be upset/bumbed whatever. BUT

You knew all along were not a playoff team.
                      That's why I'm not disappointed. The people that are upset are the same people that post the overly optimistic threads in the off-season.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by andyxc71
                        I agree that the defense did their job. However, there was no excuse for some of the missed tackles which could have given us more opportunites on offense.
                        The "bend-but-don't-break" defense is great if you have an offense that can score.
                        The playcalling was predictable and Trent was not as accurate as he has been. They never allowed him to get in rhythm.

I won't totally disagree.

Here's a "non-skewed" stat: The Bills TOP was 28:13.

Another "non-skewed" stat: The "bend-but-dont-break" defense allowed the Browns to have only 1 possession in the red zone all game.

I can see that we lost fair and square. But I pinpoint the loss to predictable playcalling on offense. This game was ours for the taking, but the Browns were simply the better team.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

I'm only disappointed because we will probably have DJ for another year or two.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                            I'm only disappointed because we will probably have DJ for another year or two.

ive been saying this all year long

add in edwards as their qb its all pretty sad

Comment

• Bufftp
                              Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

It was a winnable game for the Bills. The D held Cleveland to 6 points.

The play calling for the O cost us the game.

This game 3 the coaches lost.

That is dissapointing whether you thought the Bills were a playoff team or not before the season. Fact is they were in a position to have a shot of going, and they squandered it away today. That in itself is dissapointing.
                              Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                              "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                              Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                              - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                              to be led by permanent ideals -
                              that is what keeps a man patient
                              when the world ignores him,
                              and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

Working...
                              X