PDA

View Full Version : Whiners...

Lexwhat
12-16-2007, 03:46 PM
I can't believe the whining on this board. People wanna ***** just for the hell of it...

Some thoughts:

- What a great job by Perry Fewell and our defense. They allowed 6 points to the Browns offense, and kept their receivers in check the whole game. Our safeties even played well.

- Keith Ellison, however, is the weak link on defense.

- Trent Edwards didn't play well overall, but what a great drive at the end. He looked like a veteran on that drive. Also, look at how many drops our receivers had in this game. He is a promising QB that doesn't make crucial mistakes...

- Steve Tasker commented on the play-calling: "The ball is snapped, the QB either goes left or right for the handoff, and the RB takes the handoff and goes in that same direction." Fairchild is more concerned about Colorado State than the Bills.

- Again, you can blame Jauron if you want, but this defense came to play.

historypete
12-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Anytime the defense gives up 6 points, they played a great game. Esepcially considering how potent Clevelands offense is and the weather. I thought Fewell has done an excellent job all year considering the injuries and rotating players.

Now, Fairchild on the other had, he has been the main problem all year.

OpIv37
12-16-2007, 03:51 PM
I can't believe the whining on this board. People wanna ***** just for the hell of it...

Some thoughts:

- What a great job by Perry Fewell and our defense. They allowed 6 points to the Browns offense, and kept their receivers in check the whole game. Our safeties even played well.

- Trent Edwards didn't play well overall, but what a great drive at the end. He looked like a veteran on that drive. Also, look at how many drops our receivers had in this game. He is a promising QB that doesn't make crucial mistakes...

- Steve Tasker commented on the play-calling: "The ball is snapped, the QB either goes left or right for the handoff, and the RB takes the handoff and goes in that same direction." Fairchild is more concerned about Colorado State than the Bills.

Our safeties played well? What game did you watch? Whitner couldn't cover Winslow for **** and missed several tackles on Lewis.

Lexwhat
12-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Our safeties played well? What game did you watch? Whitner couldn't cover Winslow for **** and missed several tackles on Lewis.

Ahhhh, there you are, whiner.

Winslow had 2 catches for 28 yards. Winslow, Edwards, and Jurevicius COMBINED for 8 catches the whole game (D.Anderson only completed a total of 9 passes).

You can talk about Jamal Lewis if you want. But the Browns scored ZERO points in the 2nd half. For the game, they 4/14 on 3rd down, and punted 7 times. Oh, they were also the Home team.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-16-2007, 04:12 PM
8 years. No playoffs.

Whoever let the Bills minister of propaganda on the board needs to apologize.

OpIv37
12-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Ahhhh, there you are, whiner.

Winslow had 2 catches for 28 yards. Winslow, Edwards, and Jurevicius COMBINED for 8 catches the whole game (D.Anderson only completed a total of 9 passes).

You can talk about Jamal Lewis if you want. But the Browns scored ZERO points in the 2nd half. For the game, they 4/14 on 3rd down, and punted 7 times. Oh, they were also the Home team.

How many times was Winslow open but either couldn't pull it in or Anderson missed him? I counted at least 2.

And in case you didn't notice, Cleveland was RUNNING the ball for pretty much the entire 2nd half. You don't exactly have to pass much when you have an 8 point lead and an RB who rushes for 165 yards.

So those stats are skewed- your giving our safeties credit for Cleveland's choice to run the ball.

Lexwhat
12-16-2007, 04:17 PM
How many times was Winslow open but either couldn't pull it in or Anderson missed him? I counted at least 2.

And in case you didn't notice, Cleveland was RUNNING the ball for pretty much the entire 2nd half. You don't exactly have to pass much when you have an 8 point lead and an RB who rushes for 165 yards.

So those stats are skewed- your giving our safeties credit for Cleveland's choice to run the ball.

Fair enough, about the "skewed" stats.

But honestly, what more could you want? We held them to 2 field goals in the first half, and 0 points in the 2nd half. One of those field goals was a miracle.

Whether it was rushing or passing, they couldn't find the end zone.

An 8 point lead is nothing in the NFL. Again, what more could you ask for from the Bills defense? Blizzard or not, they did their job.

ParanoidAndroid
12-16-2007, 04:24 PM
I agree that the defense did their job. However, there was no excuse for some of the missed tackles which could have given us more opportunites on offense.
The "bend-but-don't-break" defense is great if you have an offense that can score.
The playcalling was predictable and Trent was not as accurate as he has been. They never allowed him to get in rhythm.

Lexwhat
12-16-2007, 04:25 PM
8 years. No playoffs.

Whoever let the Bills minister of propaganda on the board needs to apologize.

Look, there are lots of reasons for the playoff drought. However, that's a whole different debate.

There is enough blame to go around, starting with the front office ... A big reason is that we haven't had a capable starting QB in all those years. Now, for the first time, I believe we do.

Concerning today's game, I think the defense did everything it possibly could to win. I don't know what more people could ask for from this defense.

Bone
12-16-2007, 04:29 PM
People can be upset/bumbed whatever. BUT

You knew all along were not a playoff team.

HHURRICANE
12-16-2007, 04:31 PM

That's why I'm not disappointed. The people that are upset are the same people that post the overly optimistic threads in the off-season.

Lexwhat
12-16-2007, 04:32 PM
I agree that the defense did their job. However, there was no excuse for some of the missed tackles which could have given us more opportunites on offense.
The "bend-but-don't-break" defense is great if you have an offense that can score.
The playcalling was predictable and Trent was not as accurate as he has been. They never allowed him to get in rhythm.

I won't totally disagree.

Here's a "non-skewed" stat: The Bills TOP was 28:13.

Another "non-skewed" stat: The "bend-but-dont-break" defense allowed the Browns to have only 1 possession in the red zone all game.

I can see that we lost fair and square. But I pinpoint the loss to predictable playcalling on offense. This game was ours for the taking, but the Browns were simply the better team.

chernobylwraiths
12-16-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm only disappointed because we will probably have DJ for another year or two.

djjimkelly
12-16-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm only disappointed because we will probably have DJ for another year or two.

ive been saying this all year long

add in edwards as their qb its all pretty sad

Bufftp
12-16-2007, 04:37 PM
It was a winnable game for the Bills. The D held Cleveland to 6 points.

The play calling for the O cost us the game.

This game 3 the coaches lost.

That is dissapointing whether you thought the Bills were a playoff team or not before the season. Fact is they were in a position to have a shot of going, and they squandered it away today. That in itself is dissapointing.

HHURRICANE
12-16-2007, 04:45 PM

Dude, you need to find a new team and sport. Losman was a joke this year and Trent has looked as good as any rookie I've seen in a long, long, time.

Jauron may not be a Superbowl head coach but this team plays well above the talent we have. When we have legitimate talent he may be under more scrutiny but now or next year.

Tinboy
12-16-2007, 04:49 PM
I like what I have seen so far, let's build on that shall we? I think next could be a pretty good year.

Nighthawk
12-16-2007, 04:51 PM

I never figured this team to be a playoff team and I have no hopes of them being one with Dickey as HC. Anybody who thinks they can win big games with this loser are kidding themselves. He NEVER wins big games.

chernobylwraiths
12-16-2007, 04:53 PM

Edwards will be twice the QB that JP will ever be.

Nighthawk
12-16-2007, 04:53 PM

Some thoughts:

I will blame Jauron and I think you overrate Perry Fool's effectiveness. The guy has no feel for the game. The coaches on this team are average to below average at best.

Nighthawk
12-16-2007, 04:55 PM

True and the people holding on to the dream of Losman being a good QB really need to wake up because they are missing life as it rolls by them.

Night Train
12-16-2007, 04:58 PM
The Bills players played like *****t in the blizzard conditions, while Cleveland made some plays to win the game.

Trying to play the blame game is silly.

Philagape
12-16-2007, 05:00 PM
I don't care what the expectations were.

Losing a winnable game sucks.

hydro
12-16-2007, 05:02 PM

Do you ever give up with the trent bashing? Seriously! You are a sorry excuse for a Bills fan.

colin
12-16-2007, 05:17 PM
crappy loss.

the game was lost on special teams (not mad at coverage, but our return game was bad and that bad snap cost us 5 points) really.

as bad as were were, our o was barely less effective than cleveland's. with average playcalling we might have had it.

clearly we have zero physical presence at WR. we need AT LEAST one stud out there at WR. 2 or 3 of our receiving targets are a joke.

Mad Bomber
12-16-2007, 05:19 PM

Before the season began I predicted 7-9 wins. That's exactly what we're getting this year. What's amazing to me is that we did it despite a massive amount of injuries and crappy playcalling.

shelby
12-16-2007, 05:54 PM
A Bills fan at the bar i went to was calling for TE's head. He kept saying, "put JP in". i asked him if he was high.

This loss is not on TE. We were outplayed, plain and simple.
i agree with Mitch. We were never a playoff team to begin with.
It's been a hell of a year.

Philagape
12-16-2007, 07:20 PM
A Bills fan at the bar i went to was calling for TE's head. He kept saying, "put JP in". i asked him if he was high.

I would have bet anything JP doesn't pull off that drive at the end.

SpillerThrills
12-16-2007, 07:24 PM
I would have bet anything JP doesn't pull off that drive at the end.

I don't think that he would have come as close as TE did..... JP would have probably tried to force a few throws and been picked off ending any hopes that we had!

Billzz
12-16-2007, 07:53 PM

This loss is not on TE. We were outplayed, plain and simple.
i agree with Mitch. We were never a playoff team to begin with.
It's been a hell of a year.

Did he also have a computer infront of him and post on this board? Was his name TD or ummm DJM orrrrrrrrrr any other notable attention whores that frequent this site?

jpdex12
12-16-2007, 08:34 PM
I don't care what the expectations were.

Losing a winnable game sucks.

Any game is winnable. The Jax game was winnable. The Dallas game was winnable. The Denver game was winnable. The second Jet's game we could have lost. The first Fin's game we could have lost. Losing any game sucks, but with 14 players on IR and a young team this is what we get. Grin and bear it!

Philagape
12-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Any game is winnable. The Jax game was winnable. The Dallas game was winnable. The Denver game was winnable.

Yeah and those games sucked too.

Not every game is winnable ... The Pats games weren't. Pittsburgh wasn't.

The team sets the bar for itself in each game. Any close game can be reduced to simple individual plays in which an inexcusable mistake was made. Anybody who's not in the game is irrelevant.

djjimkelly
12-16-2007, 10:57 PM

i know another QB who looks like edwards

kyle orton isnt he a 3rd stringer. mark my words hes bound for that too soon enough

Billzz
12-16-2007, 10:59 PM
i know another QB who looks like edwards

kyle orton isnt he a 3rd stringer. mark my words hes bound for that too soon enough

Classic

im4bflo
12-16-2007, 11:12 PM
And after 2 pages of bull :lolcry: it's still :gobills:
I know a group the whiners could join, and fit right in, the RED HAT Club :snicker2: