PDA

View Full Version : Well that flat out sucks

X-Era
12-16-2007, 03:57 PM
The bills played flat all day. The weather sucked, yes. But the Bills should be able to play in it.

I dont know why the Bills didnt insist that Trent throw to WR's outside in the weather and practice before this game; maybe they did. But he was rattled by the weather all day. It wasnt until the weather let up that he stepped up.

That said, he showed me alot today on that last drive, he showed hes a guy who can be counted on when the games on the line. We lost, yes, but it reminded me so much of the Bills loss in the final game of 99 before they made their SB push. I think the corp is there at RB, WR, and QB. But we have needs...

No way our WR corp is good enough besides Evans. This teams stats show we need to score more. Our QB will be that much better next year, but we need playmakers bad. We need another stud WR in a bad way. Id like a bigger guy who has sure hands and can fight for the ball. Malcolm Kelly is the guy I want the worst, but Bowman can play as well.

We are simply not good enough at LB right now. Crowell is our leading tackler and one of the league leaders in tackles, after that we have question marks. Pos can play but is still a bit unproven I THINK he can be good but we dont know still. Nothing against Ellison, but Id much prefer to see him and DiGiorgio as our quality backups than starters. OLB is a need to me.... If we can land Terrell Suggs or Karlos Dansby we would be in much much better shape. Id love Lance Briggs, but we would have to be convinced that Pos can play outside to make that move. I honestly believe that LB may be our biggest need. Draftees that I like are Crable, Adibi, Highsmith, and converting Gholston to a pass rush OLB/DE type.

We always have a need for better DT. But we are set with 3 of the 4 starters (assuming we still rotate 4), Kyle Williams is staying, Tripplett is staying, and McCargo is coming on. Id like us to sign a guy like Haynesworth. But his character is questionable. The draft boasts guys like Ellis, and Dorsey. I dont honestly see enough in FA or a realistic pick in the 1st to make a huge improvement here. I hope it happens but it may not.

One of our biggest question marks is at OC. Fairchild is leaving and its going to hurt us if we have to start all over with a new O scheme, terminology, etc....

The loss sucks. But the Bills did more than anyone should have expected after losing 4 starters to injury and so many others.