PDA

View Full Version : This was the most revealing game of the year!!

HHURRICANE
12-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Obviously the snow became the great equalizer today and showed where the Bills are weak:

1) We will be regretting this Parrish extension for years to come. Edwards and Winslow completely dominated with their size and this, IMO, is one of the reasons we lost the game today.

2) Fairchild, and maybe Jauron, coach like it's the 60's. I knew we would get totally trapped into just running the ball up the middle. Cleveland came in with the more aggressice gameplan and they deserved to win. Fairchild can't leave soon enough but if I see this same crap next year than Jauron better not be far behind.

3) We need talent which we are severly lacking. Evans is not a #1 receiver and TE had better be a priority. Gaines dropping that pass was ridiculous.

4) Both QBs struggled today and I suspect the conditions were horrible in which to throw a ball. With that said: Winter meet Trent, Trent meet Winter. Trent needs to figure it out.

Forward_Lateral
12-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Today was a bit beyond "winter". There isn't a QB in the league who would've had a good day in those conditions. You could tell how wicked the win was on Dawson's first FG. It nearly blew from the right upright to the left, in 30 yards. Nuts.

YardRat
12-16-2007, 04:35 PM
1) Just because Parrish was extended doesn't mean the team still won't try to upgrade at #2 WR.

2) I believe I read on FootballOutsiders that the Bills run more plays tackle to tackle than any team in the NFL save Baltimore. That needs to change with the new OC and hopefully with a year under the belt for all the young guys it will.

3) We do need a big-time receiver...Gaines and Royal are serviceable but too inconsistent where an upgrade at the position surely wouldn't hurt.

4) The weather was too much of a factor to really lay any judgement on the QB's. Those typr of Snow Bowls are very few and far between.

HHURRICANE
12-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Today was a bit beyond "winter". There isn't a QB in the league who would've had a good day in those conditions. You could tell how wicked the win was on Dawson's first FG. It nearly blew from the right upright to the left, in 30 yards. Nuts.

Let me be clear, I'm not criticizing the QB play at all. I 100% agree with your post.

Some people did and I think that's ridiculous considering Anderson had worse numbers today.

My only point is that Edwards is obviously struggling with the concept, ie. one glove or two. He plays for a winter team and needs to get comfortable with it. It just doesn't look like he's there yet. I don't remember Kelly bringing it up as an issue but Trent has.

Forward_Lateral
12-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Trent will be fine. Remember, this was likely the first time he's ever played snow, possibly even seen it. He'll be alright.

realdealryan
12-16-2007, 04:45 PM
I feel like we were a few completions away from making this a game.

And our defense is built for speed - swarming to the ball is our strength, and it gets us results in the red zone against the pass (when the field tightens). Unfortunately we don't play in a dome, and neither does Cleveland. All the quick LBs in the world can't stop a runner who has an inside push and 4 yards by the time he hits the hole.

And for all our offensive line $$$ and supposed talent, why couldn't we run when it counted??????

njsue
12-16-2007, 04:57 PM
The weather did not help anyone's game today.

Although Trent threw nice CATCHABLE BALLS!!! :fit:

These TE'S need to take a hike! Definitely want to see a significant upgrade at this position.