PDA

View Full Version : Playcalling and Guts

Ingtar33
12-16-2007, 04:13 PM
we didn't have it today.

unreal game plan by the OC. Clearly he had his bags packed. I'm not sure what that was but i saw a gutless coaching staff today, terrified by a blizzard.

unacceptable.

They took the game out of the player's hands.

----

one other point. our WR corps was an embarrassment today. Bad weather tends to make bad players look worse, and good players look average. Our whole WR corps looked putrid, if we ignore WR/TE again this year, we'll be suffering through this again.

colin
12-16-2007, 04:21 PM
ya, that was putrid for sure.

the screens and outs and swing passes would have worked great (and they did on the last drive) and would have loosened up the D in the gut. their lbs were lining up in our run gaps, no surprise they kept blowing up plays.

if marshawn and jackson get the ball on about 10 passes they break at least one out in that mess.

our WRs are not good as a unit, evans is very far from elite (if he was such a stud he would have made a play on that long pass that was in front of him).

imo the biggest thing is they are small and play small. they need space to make moves, catch the ball, and break plays. we had a couple of passes right on them in tight spaces and they either didn't catch them or didn't do enough once they did.

we need a big stud wr to punish guys playing all over him. an eric moulds before he got hurt would open up the whole thing and make the entire O better. evans does nothing besides a few big individual plays, but he doesn't really make the team much better.

Turf
12-16-2007, 04:22 PM
I don't know how anyone can call for Jauron as coach of the year when he hired these guys.
Fairchild is a tool. I've been saying it all year, he's a terrible OC.

Bmax
12-16-2007, 04:25 PM
we didn't have it today.

unreal game plan by the OC. Clearly he had his bags packed. I'm not sure what that was but i saw a gutless coaching staff today, terrified by a blizzard.

unacceptable.

They took the game out of the player's hands.

----

one other point. our WR corps was an embarrassment today. Bad weather tends to make bad players look worse, and good players look average. Our whole WR corps looked putrid, if we ignore WR/TE again this year, we'll be suffering through this again.

I agree 100%.....Wr is Need number 1

Te #2 on offense..

DT #2.. 1 on DEF...

I know it's early.....But i hope some of these Juniors come out....Kelly -Oklahoma,Hardy Indiana....Bennett-Vandy........

TE-Rucker...Davis USC , or Tamme Kentucky.....

Dt -Okam..Texas...Balmer UNC Moore, Maryland or Bryant-Texas A&M

Fa- DT'S-Corey Williams GB.....Lewis- Panthers..

Thoughts ?

Bmax

colin
12-16-2007, 04:38 PM
I agree 100%.....Wr is Need number 1

Te #2 on offense..

DT #2.. 1 on DEF...

I know it's early.....But i hope some of these Juniors come out....Kelly -Oklahoma,Hardy Indiana....Bennett-Vandy........

TE-Rucker...Davis USC , or Tamme Kentucky.....

Dt -Okam..Texas...Balmer UNC Moore, Maryland or Bryant-Texas A&M

Fa- DT'S-Corey Williams GB.....Lewis- Panthers..

Thoughts ?

Bmax

yeah, i agree we need a new TE at some point (gains is a friggen street guy after all).

that said, we as fans often overrate TEs because we always assume they are underrated.

kellen winslow was removed from the game today, and he's prolly the most talented TE in the game.

we need a stud WR, we need an eric moulds, lav coles, moss, whatever. we need a guy who is big swift and CAN CATCH THE WHILE COVERED.

trent was pretty bad today for sure, but he was barely any worse than DA was, and DA is throwing to 2 pro bowlers.

clevland out run blocked us today, but not by that much IMO.