PDA

View Full Version : I'm not ready to annoint Trent as the next QB.

justasportsfan
12-16-2007, 05:57 PM
What do we do next training camp? Hand him the job? Find someone to compete with him? Next Year is put up or shut up year for Dick and Marv. They can't use next year as a "develop Trent " year. Playoffs or GTFO.

What if the next OC thinks Fairchild is a MORON and thinks he mishandled both JP and Trent. What then?

Historian
12-16-2007, 05:58 PM
:roflmao:

shelby
12-16-2007, 06:02 PM
:wtf:
We were beaten by a superior team, plain and simple. This is not the QB's fault.

Jaybird
12-16-2007, 06:03 PM
he is the guy for the job

is we go into every offseason looking for a battle at the qb position we will never win...... o ya still a rookie

justasportsfan
12-16-2007, 06:04 PM
We were beaten by a superior team, plain and simple. This is not the QB's fault.
I agree. I'm not blaming the loss on Trent not at all. Question is, is he our franchise qb? Should we just annoint him ? JP had to compete for the job, I say we bring in someone to compete. JP is gone anyways.

YardRat
12-16-2007, 06:04 PM
I am, and the new OC will understand it as well. JP's ship has sailed for the final time.

They will need to bring in a vet as a back-up, though, to replace JP's spot on the roster.

justasportsfan
12-16-2007, 06:06 PM
he is the guy for the job

is we go into every offseason looking for a battle at the qb position we will never win...... o ya still a rookie
So you're convinced he's the franchise qb we're looking for?

YardRat
12-16-2007, 06:07 PM
I agree. I'm not blaming the loss on Trent not at all. Question is, is he our franchise qb? Should we just annoint him ? JP had to compete for the job, I say we bring in someone to compete. JP is gone anyways.

JP was annointed his second season after far less playing time.

Karma's a *****.

Maybe he can call Bledsoe and cry on his shoulder how unfair it is...I'm sure Drew will understand.

justasportsfan
12-16-2007, 06:07 PM
I am, and the new OC will understand it as well. JP's ship has sailed for the final time.

They will need to bring in a vet as a back-up, though, to replace JP's spot on the roster.

Hope fully Trent doesn't bust . You guys are pining all your hopes on a win now league.

The Jokeman
12-16-2007, 06:08 PM
What do we do next training camp? Hand him the job? Find someone to compete with him? Next Year is put up or shut up year for Dick and Marv. They can't use next year as a "develop Trent " year. Playoffs or GTFO.

What if the next OC thinks Fairchild is a MORON and thinks he mishandled both JP and Trent. What then?
That's why the talking of staying inhouse and making QB coach Turk Schonert makes more and more sense, although he has no history as an OC which is a little worrisome.

justasportsfan
12-16-2007, 06:09 PM
JP was annointed his second season after far less playing time.

Karma's a *****. hopefully we won't make the same mistake by annointing Trent? Is that what you're saying?

shelby
12-16-2007, 06:09 PM
i don't believe that TE is our franchise QB. i'd like to see us pick up a veteran through FA in the offseason. Drafting a QB, however, is not necessary.

justasportsfan
12-16-2007, 06:11 PM
That's why the talking of staying inhouse and making QB coach Turk Schonert makes more and more sense, although he has no history as an OC which is a little worrisome.

Ah, aren't you tired of first time coaches? GW, Moolarkey, Fairchild ? I mean , I'm happy with first time DC, Fewell but our O has been an insult to Kelly and the K-Gun ever since he left.

justasportsfan
12-16-2007, 06:12 PM
i don't believe that TE is our franchise QB. i'd like to see us pick up a veteran through FA in the offseason. Drafting a QB, however, is not necessary.
make the vet compete for the starting job?

shelby
12-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Depends on who the vet is. In most instances, give the vet the starting job.
TE has a lot of positives, but he is not yet ready to be our starting WB. In my opinion.

justasportsfan
12-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Depends on who the vet is. In most instances, give the vet the starting job.
TE has a lot of positives, but he is not yet ready to be our starting WB. In my opinion.

Are we gonna use next year as a year to develop Trent?

shelby
12-16-2007, 06:17 PM
That's not my decision.

Are you comfortable with TE as our starting QB in '08?

The Jokeman
12-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Ah, aren't you tired of first time coaches? GW, Moolarkey, Fairchild ? I mean , I'm happy with first time DC, Fewell but our O has been an insult to Kelly and the K-Gun ever since he left.
Mularkey was our HC. There's a difference between being a head man and an OC. Fairchild was supposedly the OC in St Louis before coming here. While I would welcome a Brian Billick (see what I just said about Mularkey?) a safer approach could be going inhouse. Not that I think is the best option but all things considered it seems to a way things could go. Of course who knows maybe Schonert just needs to chance to show he's more then just a QB coach in this league.

justasportsfan
12-16-2007, 06:31 PM
That's not my decision.

as long as he wins the job , yes! I was just as tough JP like I am on Edwards until JP beat out Holcomb for the job and I respected that decision. I think Edwards should not just be handed the job. No player is above the entire team. No season should be given up for the sake of developing 1 player even if it's the qb. If he isn't ready, he sits until he is. Thats the way it was with Derek Anderson

justasportsfan
12-16-2007, 06:32 PM
Mularkey was our HC. There's a difference between being a head man and an OC. Fairchild was supposedly the OC in St Louis before coming here. While I would welcome a Brian Billick (see what I just said about Mularkey?) a safer approach could be going inhouse. Not that I think is the best option but all things considered it seems to a way things could go. Of course who knows maybe Schonert just needs to chance to show he's more then just a QB coach in this league.

So what if Moolarkey was the HC. It was his offense. Dick doesn't know how to call the shots offensively so our O today and last year was Fairchilds O, not Dicks.

TacklingDummy
12-16-2007, 06:34 PM
JP had to compete for the job, I say we bring in someone to compete. JP is gone anyways.

Who the hell did JP have to compete with? He was given the job after Bledsoe left and last year it was given to him again.

cocamide
12-16-2007, 06:36 PM
That's not my decision.

I am, let's get him some receivers and a tight end with some damn hands.

TacklingDummy
12-16-2007, 06:37 PM
as long as he wins the job , yes! I was just as tough JP like I am on Edwards until JP beat out Holcomb for the job and I respected that decision.

Wow, JP is the QB of the future. He beat out Kelly friggin Holcomb.

If JP beat out KH, and TE has beat out JP, TE must be a GOD.

Akhippo
12-16-2007, 06:39 PM
So we bring in another QB, call it a three qb race through the OTA's, keep everyone on offense in limbo as to whom to hitch their wagon. Then through the preseason, split snaps until the last game before naming a starter?

Unless we are bringing in Romo or Favre, Ill pass. So if we bring in a McCown or an AJ Feeley type, everyone would be ok creating the above mentioned scenario for sake of not giving TE a big head.

I say bring in a vet like McCown, draft a late rounder if one presents itself, and give TE the full attention of the OC and give him the much needed time to dial in with his receivers.

The Jokeman
12-16-2007, 06:42 PM

Actually I'd welcome bringing KH back to be a backup to TE.

raphael120
12-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Our problems on offense go WAYYYY beyond QB play.

djjimkelly
12-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Actually I'd welcome bringing KH back to be a backup to TE.

i was gonna curse but no comment that should say it all

djjimkelly
12-16-2007, 06:49 PM

now im not pimping JP when i say this

why does does trent get benifit of doubt and JP didnt in your eyes

is it becuz trent is new and shiny to buffalo or hate for JP

im truly confused

i think we need a whole NEW approach

DRAFT a qb would be my choice problem is picking in the teens probably mean no franchise qb

im not opposed to bringing in a serious vet problem real good ones dont hit market

Akhippo
12-16-2007, 07:03 PM
now im not pimping JP when i say this

im truly confused

We finally have a winner.

Your in favor of drafting a QB even though he may not be a franchise QB, or bring in a vet that is just average, just to replace TE?

THATHURMANATOR
12-16-2007, 08:16 PM
In my opinion Edwards should be the starter and the offense built around him. Bring in a veteran backup for depth and get a WR with some size

Novacane
12-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Justa you lost all credibility when you called JP a "good qb" earlier today.

But he's mobile and has a big arm :snicker:

Dantheman1280
12-16-2007, 08:21 PM
I say end all the QB talk, bring McNabb to Buffalo and call it a day!! What a great fit he would be for a few years!

JD
12-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Edwards-Lynch-Poz
Our triple threat and the building blocks to a successful team in the future.

JD
12-16-2007, 08:23 PM
But he's mobile and has a big arm :snicker:
Can you imagine JP playing today, his into-the-ground throws would just stick right in the snow.. hahaha

Johnny Bugmenot
12-16-2007, 08:50 PM

Well, when are the BILLS going to be the superior team? Isn't that what we've been asking for for the past 8 years?

Philagape
12-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Three straight games with no sacks or turnovers. Who was the last Bills QB who did that?

chernobylwraiths
12-16-2007, 09:04 PM
In my opinion Edwards should be the starter and the offense built around him. Bring in a veteran backup for depth and get a WR with some size

Most sound advice I have seen in this thread.

Typ0
12-16-2007, 09:12 PM

it's funny that you come about this. Edwards was brilliant today in a lot of ways. Our offense had a lot of opportunities and they didn't just walk onto the field and give up. Unfortunately, we didn't connect on a play. The game was very anti-climactic as there were no turnovers.

streetkings01
12-16-2007, 09:21 PM
Are we gonna use next year as a year to develop Trent?He's been developing since week#3! Where one of the people who had no issues w/ JP developing for 4 years?

djjimkelly
12-16-2007, 09:23 PM

couldnt that be said of all our other losses this year with JP at the helm?

djjimkelly
12-16-2007, 09:25 PM
We finally have a winner.

Your in favor of drafting a QB even though he may not be a franchise QB, or bring in a vet that is just average, just to replace TE?

from those 2 lines u quoted where did u take that comment

but BTW TRENT WILL NEVER BE **** i promise you that.

he wasnt passed by every team 3 times and what 8th qb drafted because hes such a god

Kerr
12-17-2007, 08:49 AM
I sure as hell am. He doesn't remind me of Todd Collins. I think he'll be okay.

HHURRICANE
12-17-2007, 09:01 AM
<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg><TD class=ysptblhdr width="28%" height=18>Passing</TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class="yspdetailttl first" align=left height=18> Buffalo</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=first align=left> T. Edwards</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>124</TD><TD>39.4</TD><TD>3.8</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class="yspdetailttl first" align=left height=18> Cleveland</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=first align=left> D. Anderson</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>137</TD><TD>37.5</TD><TD>5.7</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Philagape
12-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Somebody name a QB who would have had a good game yesterday in Cleveland. With our coaching and our receivers.

I mean, if Brady couldn't play well in better conditions ...

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 09:29 AM

Not really. JP made Fairchild look better by going deep last year. Once teams figured that out, Fairchild went with Trent who made him look better with Dinks and dunks because teams figured he didn't have a brain.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 09:30 AM
Somebody name a QB who would have had a good game yesterday in Cleveland. With our coaching and our receivers.

I mean, if Brady couldn't play well in better conditions ...
Somebody name a qb who could succeed under both Mularkey and Fairchild. Nobody.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 09:31 AM
Justa you lost all credibility when you called JP a "good qb" earlier today.

Save the embarassment and quit posting bull**** like this.
you don't know how happy I am that you disagree with me. I'd be worried if you did.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 09:32 AM
exactly. That applies to JP as well.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 09:33 AM
it's funny that you come about this. Edwards was brilliant today in a lot of ways. Our offense had a lot of opportunities and they didn't just walk onto the field and give up. Unfortunately, we didn't connect on a play. The game was very anti-climactic as there were no turnovers.
change the name to Losman, you have the same thing. Whats good for the goosd is good for the gander unless bills fans are double standard fans.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 09:34 AM
He's been developing since week#3! Where one of the people who had no issues w/ JP developing for 4 years?
Trent would still be developing if he was drafted the time we drafted JP.

Philagape
12-17-2007, 09:37 AM
change the name to Losman, you have the same thing. Whats good for the goosd is good for the gander unless bills fans are double standard fans.

Unless one quarterback really is better than the other in the things that the quarterback does. It's not a zero-sum game. The QB actually does have a say in how the QB does. They're not robots.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Unless one quarterback really is better than the other in the things that the quarterback does. It's not a zero-sum game. The QB actually does have a say in how the QB does. They're not robots.

I agree, while one made a living going deep, the other made a living dinking and dunking. Neither worked because neither we put in a situation to succeed by the coaches. My thoughts on whether it was JP or the coaches were justified yesterday. IT WAS THE COACH.

If Trent is the Golden child, there's no reason why we couldn't even score a fg against the worse D in the NFl even under the worse conditions that the cleveland happened to be playing in. Rookie or not.

JP had less to work with and I don't recall if he ever got blanked by the worse D in the NFL .

Granted it was in buffalo, we beat the fins who were ranked no. 4 defensively last year in bad windy and cold conditions. JP threw the ball well.

Philagape
12-17-2007, 09:54 AM
I agree, while one made a living going deep, the other made a living dinking and dunking. Neither worked because neither we put in a situation to succeed by the coaches. My thoughts on whether it was JP or the coaches were justified yesterday.

BS. When the QB has the ball, he and only he is responsible for what happens to it. Good execution makes the worst play call work, and that can't be said in reverse. NO ONE hurt JP more than JP. You can't say "what's good for the one," etc., because they're different quarterbacks, and in far more complex ways than your simplistic long ball vs. dink-and-dunk comparison.
They take what they have and play differently with it. They can't control what conditions they're given, but they can control what they do with it.

JP had less to work with and I don't recall if he ever got blanked by the worse D in the NFL .

And JP never had a 4 TD game either or gone three games without a sack or turnover, blah blah blah. We can play that stupid game all day long, which I know you love so much over an informed, intelligent discussion. Are you capable of actually evaluating someone's play without playing numbers games and making irrelevant comparisons? Of actually judging his intangibles and his throws and his decisions? Or is everything just fantasy football to you and silly smack games where the only goal is to make excuses because you absolutely can't ever be wrong and you say things that even you don't support?

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 09:56 AM
BS. When the QB has the ball, he and only he is responsible for what happens to it. Good execution makes the worst play call work, and that can't be said in reverse. NO ONE hurt JP more than JP. You can't say "what's good for the one," etc., because they're different quarterbacks, and in far more complex ways than your simplistic long ball vs. dink-and-dunk comparison.
They take what they have and play differently with it. They can't control what conditions they're given, but they can control what they do with it. so yesterdays loss was on Trent because of his bad throws? I disagree it was on the coach. Just like every bad game JP had.

Trent: "he just wins" Well we lost the biggest game of the year against the worst D in the league. Our season is over. Must be Trents fault. NOt.

And JP never had a 4 TD game either or gone three games without a sack or turnover, blah blah blah.?Yeah, well JP never faced a beat up dolphin D. BTw, while you're trying to pump up Trent, the browns had the worse D. Not very goog in Trents dresume', rookie or not.

We can play that stupid game all day long, which I know you love so much over an informed, intelligent discussion. Are you capable of actually evaluating someone's play without playing numbers games and making irrelevant comparisons? Of actually judging his intangibles and his throws and his decisions? Or is everything just fantasy football to you and silly smack games where the only goal is to make excuses because you absolutely can't ever be wrong and you say things that even you don't support.?
This isn't about me. It's about yesterdays game. If you can't have an intelligent discussion about the topic, please leave.

Philagape
12-17-2007, 10:03 AM
so yesterdays loss was on Trent because of his bad throws? I disagree it was on the coach. Just like every bad game JP had.

It can be more than one thing. It's a complex sport. I judge each play on its own rather than have a catch-all simple conclusion. There were bad throws AND bad calls. I've said all along our offense is a perfect storm: bad receivers, bad coaching, bad quarterbacking. It's not one thing.

Trent: "he just wins" Well we lost the biggest game of the year against the worst D in the league. Our season is over. Must be Trents fault. NOt.

Yeah, well JP never faced a beat up dolphin D. BTw, while you're trying to pump up Trent, the browns had the worse D. Not very goog in Trents dresume', rookie or not.

edited for TOS

djjimkelly
12-17-2007, 10:06 AM
This isn't about me. It's about yesterdays game. If you can't have an intelligent discussion about the topic, please leave.

well said justa.

but your a JP homer so am i so are a few others who refuse to post on board because of the mindless none football talk.

when in reality your a massive bills fan and want what is best for the team!

but its easier to attack fellow bills fans who don't like what is being done by this organization for most!!

Typ0
12-17-2007, 10:40 AM
I truly don't understand this dink and dunk crap. The offense with TE has not done the dink and dunk it's a total fallacy. We went downfield yesterday. TE needed to make some of those throws and the receivers needed to catch some that were right there. The offense stunk. In the conditions they were in just a couple of plays would have made all the difference. The one that bounced into Jurvicios hands was huge it resulted in three points and it was a fluke play. We needed to make some plays and didn't. But we didn't blow the game either. We played tough. Our defensive line got pushed off the ball way too much. But I felt our guys battled that entire game trying to get into a position to win and they almost did.

Overall, I'd say that's where were at. You can just insert JPs name and the results wouldn't be the same. I've seen JP play a lot more games and I've seen him tank continuously when faced with adversity. I could have seen them putting JP in that game yesterday and we might have won...but we might just have gave the game away too. JP is a thing of the past for a reason. But TE was not getting it done yesterday for most of the game. He did get better though and at that time no one could catch the ball. I think that was promising for TE. Hopefully we grow from this experience...but we won't nearly grow the way we would had we won.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 10:44 AM
I truly don't understand this dink and dunk crap. The offense with TE has not done the dink and dunk it's a total fallacy. We went downfield yesterday. . JP's inconsistencies are now to be blamed at Fairchild. If you disagree then you have double standards.

TE needed to make some of those throws and the receivers needed to catch some that were right there. . I agree, and if Lee caught the ball against denver, we'd still be in the playoff hunt but instead, blame the loss on JP. Double standard.

The offense stunk. In the conditions they were in just a couple of plays would have made all the difference. The one that bounced into Jurvicios hands was huge it resulted in three points and it was a fluke play. We needed to make some plays and didn't. But we didn't blow the game either. We played tough. Our defensive line got pushed off the ball way too much. But I felt our guys battled that entire game trying to get into a position to win and they almost did.

Overall, I'd say that's where were at. You can just insert JPs name and the results wouldn't be the same. . not in bad weather. JP could've scrambled and he's made throws in horrible weather. Check out last years fins game @ buff.

I've seen JP play a lot more games and I've seen him tank continuously when faced with adversity. I could have seen them putting JP in that game yesterday and we might have won...but we might just have gave the game away too. JP is a thing of the past for a reason. But TE was not getting it done yesterday for most of the game. He did get better though and at that time no one could catch the ball. I think that was promising for TE. Hopefully we grow from this experience...but we won't nearly grow the way we would had we won.

You can log this loss(a season ending loss) on Trent. If not, double standard.

DraftBoy
12-17-2007, 10:45 AM
This whole thread is a waste of time, neither guy is the long term answer so why are we wasting our time on it. Trent has the job for 08 till the new guy is ready for 09, as will the rest of our team for a deep playoff run.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-17-2007, 10:51 AM
till the new guy is ready for 09
I'm not throwing away 2008 on another rookie draftee.

Get a real free agent QB, trade for one or else. Trade for a journeyman. I don't care. But I'm sick of trying to draft and develop QBs when it's clear they can't develop them and the current round of QBs just can't do the job. I don't want every December to be a disaster because we keep drafting California dopes who don't know what snow is!

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 10:52 AM
This whole thread is a waste of time, neither guy is the long term answer so why are we wasting our time on it. Trent has the job for 08 till the new guy is ready for 09, as will the rest of our team for a deep playoff run.

Based on the responses, it isn't a waste of time. Even you replied.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 10:53 AM

Get a real free agent QB, trade for one or else. Trade for a journeyman. I don't care. But I'm sick of trying to draft and develop QBs when it's clear they can't develop them and the current round of QBs just can't do the job. I don't want every December to be a disaster because we keep drafting California dopes who don't know what snow is!
this is how I feel. I don't want to use next season as another DEVELOP the QB season.

If he flops, we're back to rebuilding in year 4 (2009) of the Dick and MArv era.

DraftBoy
12-17-2007, 10:54 AM

I didnt say we shoulnt sign a vet for 08 and I didnt say we throw away 08 either, if Trent comes through (ala DA) then we have the best situation possible, you should never really not be developing project QB's imo, shelf life is just too short at that posistion, the days of Kelly, Marion, Elway are coming to an end.

DraftBoy
12-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Based on the responses, it isn't a waste of time. Even you replied.

Yea but thats because its on a potential draft pick and I cant help myself, plus I have to read all the threads, so why not reply?

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Apparently he thinks all the posts, including yours, are ******ed.

But hey, I attacked the post, not the poster. /sarc

Fair enough. DB has his opinions . So do you and it's all good.

Typ0
12-17-2007, 10:56 AM
JP's inconsistencies are now to be blamed at Fairchild. If you disagree then you have double standards.
I agree, and if Lee caught the ball against denver, we'd still be in the playoff hunt but instead, blame the loss on JP. Double standard.

I've never blamed anything on Fairchild...JPs crappy play is on JP. TE crappy play is on TE. He needed to play better yesterday. But one crappy game in a blizzard does not turn him into the same pile of turd we have with JP.

not in bad weather. JP could've scrambled and he's made throws in horrible weather. Check out last years fins game @ buff.

He's also dropped the ball on the ground countless times, taken sacks that killed us, and made plenty of bad throws. In the utopian JP centered universe some of you people live in he would have played yesterday and only done the good things...the problem with him is half the time you get crap. You don't know which guy would have been in the game yesterday and with those odds of having crap at the qb position the team is never going to get better.

You can log this loss(a season ending loss) on Trent. If not, double standard.

Trent was the guy that had the power to get it done and didn't. It does fall on his shoulders and that's a tough place to be. But still, you are fighting to make an arguement that JPs troubles should be blamed on everyone except for JP. Give it a rest Justa after half a season TE already works better in this offense than JP Lossman. The next two games are going to be about finding out if there is a chance TE can start for us next season. That doesn't even mean he will start but we need to get a better idea of if it's an option. In this case, that is very difficult because that first offseason is often the most formative in the players with the most success. If he can keep his head in playing the next couple weeks we may just have to look for one QB in the offseason instead of two.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 11:02 AM
I've never blamed anything on Fairchild...JPs crappy play is on JP. TE crappy play is on TE. He needed to play better yesterday. But one crappy game in a blizzard does not turn him into the same pile of turd we have with JP..
really? Our season is over. Part of the reason is, the qb didn't do squat. You would be all over JP if he was the qb yesterday. I forget, he's a rookie. He gets a pass.

He's also dropped the ball on the ground countless times, taken sacks that killed us, and made plenty of bad throws. In the utopian JP centered universe some of you people live in he would have played yesterday and only done the good things...the problem with him is half the time you get crap. You don't know which guy would have been in the game yesterday and with those odds of having crap at the qb position the team is never going to get better... Did you consider JP's OL comapred to Trents? Did JP ever have an OL during his developing years. NO!

Trent was the guy that had the power to get it done and didn't. It does fall on his shoulders and that's a tough place to be. But still, you are fighting to make an arguement that JPs troubles should be blamed on everyone except for JP. Give it a rest Justa after half a season TE already works better in this offense than JP Lossman. The next two games are going to be about finding out if there is a chance TE can start for us next season. That doesn't even mean he will start but we need to get a better idea of if it's an option. In this case, that is very difficult because that first offseason is often the most formative in the players with the most success. If he can keep his head in playing the next couple weeks we may just have to look for one QB in the offseason instead of two.

No, no,no. JP has had his problems. But the problems stem from more than just the qb. It's the OC.

He was never given the oppurtunity to succeed. He shouldve pulled a Flutie and did his own thing instead of being forced to saty in the pocket. Then again, fickle bills fans would've said he's a cancer for not listening to an IDIOT OC.

Typ0
12-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Justa I kind of look at the QB position like this:

1) You have to be able to hand off. OK, every guy can do this. Some do it better. I can't ever remember seeing Favre not put in an oscar performance selling a fake on a handoff. he's a great example of how to get the most out of handing the ball off...but for the most part any guy can hand the ball off.

2) You throw the ball. Put all the playcalling into it you want...I'm just sitting there watching my TV seeing throws that need to be made not being made. That's what I saw yesterday. That's what I saw when JP was on the field. Maybe it was the plays that made JP make bad throws...but isn't it his responsibility to figure out what he needs to do to stand there and hit an open receiver given the plays he's running? Yesterday we saw the same thing and it was on TEs shoulders not the coaches. The plays were there to be made just like they have been all season. It's up to the players to make them.

Typ0
12-17-2007, 11:18 AM
really? Our season is over. Part of the reason is, the qb didn't do squat. You would be all over JP if he was the qb yesterday. I forget, he's a rookie. He gets a pass.

There is no way I'd give JP a pass on being a rookie.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Justa I kind of look at the QB position like this:

1) You have to be able to hand off. OK, every guy can do this. Some do it better. I can't ever remember seeing Favre not put in an oscar performance selling a fake on a handoff. he's a great example of how to get the most out of handing the ball off...but for the most part any guy can hand the ball off.

2) You throw the ball. Put all the playcalling into it you want...I'm just sitting there watching my TV seeing throws that need to be made not being made. That's what I saw yesterday. That's what I saw when JP was on the field. Maybe it was the plays that made JP make bad throws...but isn't it his responsibility to figure out what he needs to do to stand there and hit an open receiver given the plays he's running? Yesterday we saw the same thing and it was on TEs shoulders not the coaches. The plays were there to be made just like they have been all season. It's up to the players to make them.
So based on what you saw yesterday, you agree Trent should not be annointed the franchise qb? Based on everything you blamed JP for happened on the field yesterday. While I'm not blaming Trent for the loss, I wonder what could've been if JP had a better OC and Trents OL in JP's first 2 years.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 12:32 PM
BTW, am I the only who's noticed that Trents passes gets blocked at the LOS as often as the midget, Flutie?

DraftBoy
12-17-2007, 12:37 PM
BTW, am I the only who's noticed that Trents passes gets blocked at the LOS as often as the midget, Flutie?

His release point is a little low for his height but I dont see any big issue, but Im a proponent of not messing with a guys mechanics

djjimkelly
12-17-2007, 05:37 PM

i say this exact comment and i get cursed for being JP's boyfriend or want to blow him.

ive said it all along coaching is the issue here.

and if bills moving forward with current regime plus an OC yesterday can prove it was OC and not either QB

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Because you shove it down our throat in every thread unlike DB.
just like Trent fans shove Trent down our throat because I'm not ready to annoint him the franchise qb? The double standard continues.

djjimkelly
12-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Because you shove it down our throat in every thread unlike DB.

becuase i refuse to be sold what this regime is selling.

u think its coincidence JP taken out of game once he called out our coaches after pittsburgh game.

how bout you try going to work tommorrow and truly let your boss know what he or she is doing wrong and how useless they are. hell put an add in the paper about it becuz that is what its like talking to media like JP did.

try it as an experiment see if you have a job past the holidays.

hydro
12-17-2007, 05:58 PM
just like Trent fans shove Trent down our throat because I'm not ready to annoint him the franchise qb? The double standard continues.
Yeah but I am not apart of the double standard. I don't waltz around this board saying that Trent is our lord and savior. I just try to convince anyone that is sold TE isn't our QB of the future that he hasn't had the chance to show us everything he is made of.

LtBillsFan66
12-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Yeah but I am not apart of the double standard. I don't waltz around this board saying that Trent is our lord and savior. I just try to convince anyone that is sold TE isn't our QB of the future that he hasn't had the chance to show us everything he is made of.

Ex ***** actly!!!!

I like Trent, but don't really chime in unless some JP Licker is putting the guy down.

Billzz
12-17-2007, 08:31 PM
becuase i refuse to be sold what this regime is selling.

u think its coincidence JP taken out of game once he called out our coaches after pittsburgh game.

how bout you try going to work tommorrow and truly let your boss know what he or she is doing wrong and how useless they are. hell put an add in the paper about it becuz that is what its like talking to media like JP did.

try it as an experiment see if you have a job past the holidays.

How about you post something realistic to this thread instead of making up some abstract situation that is a pretty close second to a witch hunt.

Pure and utter crap you just posted their, sorry.

Just to get this straight YOU think JP lost his job now because he called out the coaches? LMFAO Classic!

Give me some of what your smoking cause brother that is some POTENT stuff.