PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Offseason Needs

BuffaloBlakely14
12-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Biggest Needs This Offseason (priority)

1. New Offensive Coordinator

- We obviously are definitely getting this one. I am torn whether to promote from within versus going outside for a new one. Trent is only a year into this system, so I don't think a new coordinator would devestate or set his development back too much, but it would be nice to have some continuity in the system 2 years in a row. But we need a new approach in terms of playcalling, so maybe the system isnt the problem its the way the system is implemented on gameday. So maybe we can keep it similar but have a different playcaller. Would love to see some recommendations from you guys (realistic ones only please).

2. Pass catching TE

-Look at the Colts, the Cowgirls, the Patsies, the Super Chargers...they all have a high quality option at the TE position. Also look how helpful it was when Royal stepped up and provided a viable option last week, it opens the entire offense up. We HAVE to get an option at the TE postion for any QB here to succeed.

3. A 6' 3"+/ 225lb WR

-We have to get a big wideout as well. Braylon Edwards showed today what size can do in tough conditions. He was a secuirty blanket for Anderson all day. To truly maximize Evans and Parrish we have to have a big guy that can draw coverage and attention.

4. A nightmare pass rushing DE

-Kelsay/Schobel/Denny...is there really a difference between any of these guys. If they weren't on the field together I would think that they were the same person. We have to have someone who can terrorize the backfield and get pressure off the corners. This is a MUST for the offseason.

5. Starting CB

-We need to get a starting CB with size. This could very well be where we go in round 1. We have to have a CB that can contend with the bigger WRs of the league.

6. A new Center

-This we can easily draft in round 3 or 4, even later most likely. We need a new anchor in the middle of the line. The line continuously gets blown up from the middle. The rest of the line is gelling, and a solid anchor in the middle would solidify the line for years to come. This is definitely a position where a rook can come in and get it done.

7. One more LB.

-We have seen we have pretty good depth at LB this year. When Poz comes back we will be in great shape, but we could definitely use one more starting caliber LB.

Draft Priority w/o factoring in Free Agency

1. CB/WR
2. CB/WR
3. TE
3. C or DE
4. LB or DE or C

Let me know what you guys think this offseason's priority list should be.

BillyT92679
12-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Sounds good to me
I'm all for, especially, a new center and possession receiver.

TE is important, but I think we could go round two and get a decent pass catching TE.

I'd love a DE, but since we threw tens of millions of dollars at these guys, I don't know.

Devin
12-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Is that all?

DynaPaul
12-16-2007, 06:32 PM
I think a new center is the biggest need. Fowler isn't getting any push up the middle and his pass blocking is just alright. If we had a dominating center the running game would open up more.

raphael120
12-16-2007, 06:50 PM
I think a new center is the biggest need. Fowler isn't getting any push up the middle and his pass blocking is just alright. If we had a dominating center the running game would open up more.

Way to go Marv on getting us the Littlest Center that Couldn't.