PDA

View Full Version : Losman Trade Bait?

58323Billieve2008
12-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Will Trent Edwards hold the starting job as QB in Buffalo, and if so, the following questions must be answered in reference to JP Losman.

=Will the Bills keep him as a reliable backup to Edwards?
=Will they trade him away for a good defensive player or something?
=If they do trade him, where would he go, and how would his new team be a factor against the Bills (division, conference, etc.)

This is a delicate situation, but there has to be a solution somewhere.

:wtf:
:darth: :dj:

raphael120
12-16-2007, 08:56 PM
I saw we keep Losman unless he 1) wants to leave, 2) gets us a good return in a trade.

Starting calbre QB's are at a minimum these days and while JP may stink, I think he's a very good as a backup QB role.

58323Billieve2008
12-16-2007, 09:05 PM
I agree with you, but I also think that if hes also just gonna sit on the bench, and get paid to be a starter, then its better for both parties if we trade him away. As you said, good QB's come at a premium, and I can think of at least a few teams willing to give up a GOOD defensive player for Losman, maybe a LB, or a Safety.

:darth: :dj:

YardRat
12-16-2007, 09:48 PM
I think he's gone, and if we get more than a fifth for him we'll be damn lucky.

njsue
12-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Jp does not want to be a bill.

Guarantee you that a HUGE majority of bills fans feel the same.

JP will be someonelse's problem in 2008. THANK GOD!

Devin
12-16-2007, 10:25 PM
JP deserves another crack somewhere. Hes a good kid and perhaps with a change of scenery/competant coaching staff he will find his game.

Ingtar thinks we can possibly hit a 3rd maybe even 2nd I thought he said somewhere so thats what I am rolling with for now.

Jaybird
12-16-2007, 10:26 PM
trade him, more draft picks

Billzz
12-16-2007, 10:54 PM
JP deserves another crack somewhere. Hes a good kid and perhaps with a change of scenery/competant coaching staff he will find his game.

Ingtar thinks we can possibly hit a 3rd maybe even 2nd I thought he said somewhere so thats what I am rolling with for now.

Agree. I wish him the best of luck in the future and I am sure he will make a good QB somewhere down the road but we need to think about OUR needs. He will be a cancer if he stays plus the fact we can get a kings ransom from alot of teams with really CRAPPY qb's. Tested, experienced QB's that are still young are a premium like Schaub etc.

bflojohn
12-16-2007, 10:56 PM
In the destination department, I'd say that Atlanta and Detroit would fit his strengths as a QB. Both opportunities would likely start him out on the bench, but I see him starting in this league again. I'd be leery of trading him inside the AFC, however, he has played well against the NY Jets, and they may hold him in a better light than the front office here. Miami is NOT set at QB either, and they could deal with Buffalo only if the Bills get what there after in return. Again, IMO, Losman has played fairly well against Miami in the past. Is Minnesota realy sold on Jackson? I'd venture to say that if JP is dangled in front of them, they may bite.... Just some thoughts!

G. Host
12-16-2007, 11:02 PM
I do not think the Bills will attempt to trade JP until they have another bird in the hand. It partly depends on the new OC and what he thinks are JP's flaws and if he can correct them. JP is certainly willing to work on new offenses and his weaknesses.