PDA

View Full Version : Read this long thread if you *****ed at all today on this board about our team

jpdex12
12-16-2007, 09:09 PM
I would say that it really amazes me but it really doesn't.

I'm talking about the people that visit this site and ***** about everything and find any excuse to cry about how our team sucks, blah, blah, blah. The pathetic thing is that it is mainly a few of the same posters.

Go ahead and slap my hand for offending those individuals and violating whatever rules on this site that protect the weak but this needs to be said.
If you trash my team, and I say "my" team referring to the loyal fans with common sense that know what to expect then you can go ***** in your hat and find another team. Why do you even continue to be a Bill's fan if that is all you do and ***** about them? Because you love to have something to hate? Just go lay in the road or find another team. Simple as that.

The Bills played one hell of a season so far and we have two games to go to finish strong with a 9-7 season. Yeah I'm pissed about missing the playoffs again but that is life. We have 14 players on IR and a very young team that has shown what it takes to fight it out every game. We have a 3rd round rookie QB playing better than a lot of veteran QB's in this league, a very good rookie RB that plays 110% every play every game with a nice looking DIII back up RB playing in the NFL. We patched positions with guys that wouldn't make a 53 man roster on other teams and they are playing with heart and winning the games that we should be winning with this team thus far.

Sure there have been some coaching errors. You don't think that happens on every team? We have seen it happen every year. Sure the offensive play calling was suspect this year but how would you do with a QB like JP has proven to be and a rookie QB starting games for you? A rookie RB still learning to pass protect and find empty holes for the dump downs. Yes we still need pieces to the puzzle and yes we need a new OC but this is life. Every team has their problems, even the Patriots. Some day they will fall off of their pedistal, so they can start worrying now about when it is going to happen.

I am proud of how this team played this year. I am dying for the playoffs. I WILL have to wait another year to see if it happens just like the rest of the true fans of Buffalo.

I'll tell you though, for those of you that just hate life and ***** about every GD thing you can you need to think before you open your mouth. Read through the threads on this board this week and just look at how many BS whiners there are out there and ask yourself if you would like to play with them on your team. Suck it up and deal with it or go find another friggin team because you are bringing down this site. Sure everyone has their right to voice their opinion and good debate is what makes these boards entertaining but draw the line somewhere. If you can't see that this team has overachieved already this year then you are lost. We have improved each year with this new group at OBD and we will continue to improve next year and it will get better.

So do the rest of us true Bill's fans a favor and either STFU and fight with your team or GTFO!

edited for TOS

Billzz
12-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Well said:urock:

im4bflo
12-16-2007, 09:28 PM
I like your attitude! :up:

Billzz
12-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Regardless of the overall sentiment of this board and fans in general I cannot help but think what a long way we have come in a short time. I will try not to be very redundant in talking about all the injuries, challenges and overall bad bounces that have come our way, but all things considered I feel very good about the last 2 games and next year.

Numerous draft picks, a franchise QB/RB and the combination of Jauron/Levy putting all the pieces together have really started to shine. This time next year we will be in the Browns position with a BETTER OC and a healthy roster with plenty of voids filled. I will not also get into those voids but obviously a big fast WR/TE is definetly something we need that is lacking, playmaker.

I am on the band wagon that next year is the beginning of perinnal playoff runs and competiting with the patriots. No we are not even close to their caliber but we may be able to steal one at home from them. As far as the rest of the NFL is concerned we can compete with them especially with the rest of the division in shambles.

Bash, pick it apart, call me a homer, glass is half full we are turning the corner. Today was obvisouly a HUGE let down but that last drive from Edwards was very exciting and made me happy to see a leader bring the team down the field in crunch time, he has IT and I cannot wait to see him finish the last 2 games.

Anyway that is my feelings as I reflect back and think about never in a million years of us having a game of this magnititude at this point in the season. Really sucks we didn't pull out a win but with the play calling, weather and refs it was alot to ask, Browns are a better team.

Something I started at another thread that pretty much sums up my feelings. While not as strong as yours you get the idea.:2cents:

OpIv37
12-16-2007, 09:51 PM

I'm talking about the stupid a**holes that visit this site and ***** about everything and find any excuse to cry about how our team sucks, blah, blah, blah. The pathetic thing is that it is mainly a few of the same posters.

Go ahead and slap my hand for offending those individuals and violating whatever rules on this site that protect the weak but this needs to be said.
If you trash my team, and I say "my" team referring to the loyal fans with common sense that know what to expect then you can go ***** in your hat and find another team. Why do you even continue to be a Bill's fan if that is all you do and ***** about them? Because you love to have something to hate? Just go lay in the road or find another team. Simple as that.

The Bills played one hell of a season so far and we have two games to go to finish strong with a 9-7 season. Yeah I'm pissed about missing the playoffs again but that is life. We have 14 players on IR and a very young team that has shown what it takes to fight it out every game. We have a 3rd round rookie QB playing better than a lot of veteran QB's in this league, a very good rookie RB that pl

ays 110% every play every game with a nice looking DIII back up RB playing in the NFL. We patched positions with guys that wouldn't make a 53 man roster on other teams and they are playing with heart and winning the games that we should be winning with this team thus far.

Sure there have been some coaching errors. You don't think that happens on every team? We have seen it happen every year. Sure the offensive play calling was suspect this year but how would you do with a QB like JP has proven to be and a rookie QB starting games for you? A rookie RB still learning to pass protect and find empty holes for the dump downs. Yes we still need pieces to the puzzle and yes we need a new OC but this is life. Every team has their problems, even the Patriots. Some day they will fall off of their pedistal, so they can start worrying now about when it is going to happen.

I am proud of how this team played this year. I am dying for the playoffs. I WILL have to wait another year to see if it happens just like the rest of the true fans of Buffalo.

I'll tell you though, for those of you that just hate life and ***** about every GD thing you can you need to think before you open your mouth and sound like a complete idiot. Read through the threads on this board this week and just look at how many BS whiners there are out there and ask yourself if you would like to play with them on your team. Whining pussies! Suck it up and deal with it or go find another friggin team because you are bringing down this site. Sure everyone has their right to voice their opinion and good debate is what makes these boards entertaining but draw the line somewhere. If you can't see that this team has overachieved already this year then you are lost. We have improved each year with this new group at OBD and we will continue to improve next year and it will get better.

So do the rest of us true Bill's fans a favor and either STFU and fight with your team or GTFO!

wow, this is just pure ignorance.

The reason some of us ***** is because we expect MORE from our team. We expect MORE than beating up bottom feeders and missing the playoffs for 8 years in a row. We expect MORE than coaches who have 1 winning season in 6 tries.

Overachieved? What does that mean exactly? The goal is to win, make the playoffs, and win the Super Bowl. Yeah, it ain't gonna happen every year, but we weren't even close. We didn't beat one winning team.

People like you come up with excuses "But we're young!" "But we have a lot of injuries!"
How many injuries did the Pats have in years they won the Super Bowl? One year they had a WR playing CB! How much experience did Brady have the first year the Pats won, or Big Ben?

Some of us expect results, not a bunch of lame excuses. If you consider 7-7 with no wins over winning teams and missing the playoffs "overachieving," you set the bar pathetically low.

I'll tell you what's bringing me down. People like you who call yourselves "fans" then say we overachieved after we get SHUT OUT in the biggest game in three years. Being a fan means you want the team to do well. The last thing it means is defending garbage coaches and garbage players who are keeping this team from doing well.

You call yourself a fan but then you're not pissed by the results of today? The results of this season? The results of the last decade? That doesn't even make any sense.

The reason I continue to be a fan is because I want this team to WIN, and I will continue to be angry and pissed and ***** about it when they don't. I won't roll over and find reasons why they "overachieved" when they actually choked on the field. I expect more from my team and I'm very disappointed that so called "fans" like yourself don't.

djjimkelly
12-16-2007, 09:51 PM
what happens when you LOVE your team so much you had enough with the direction or what your being sold by the management.

sorry my last name aint levy or jauron pay me half let me watch 70 hours of film and im sure their are many chumps on this staff or talent evaluators i could easily replace

and please curse me for this thought im sure many others on the board could do just as good a job as these so called geniuses.

i dont want this cover 2 scheme which takes absolutely no talent to coach

all of us could call dives up the middle then spread it 4 wr in desperate times.

there isnt a person on this board who couldn't call run run pass on 50% of our possessions.

so you may think im anti bills ill take my view point as being SUPER PRO BILLS becuz im looking for greatness not be an also ran every year

jpdex12
12-16-2007, 10:16 PM

The reason some of us ***** is because we expect MORE from our team. We expect MORE than beating up bottom feeders and missing the playoffs for 8 years in a row. We expect MORE than coaches who have 1 winning season in 6 tries.

Overachieved? What does that mean exactly? The goal is to win, make the playoffs, and win the Super Bowl. Yeah, it ain't gonna happen every year, but we weren't even close. We didn't beat one winning team.

People like you come up with excuses "But we're young!" "But we have a lot of injuries!"
How many injuries did the Pats have in years they won the Super Bowl? One year they had a WR playing CB! How much experience did Brady have the first year the Pats won, or Big Ben?

Some of us expect results, not a bunch of lame excuses. If you consider 7-7 with no wins over winning teams and missing the playoffs "overachieving," you set the bar pathetically low.

I'll tell you what's bringing me down. People like you who call yourselves "fans" then say we overachieved after we get SHUT OUT in the biggest game in three years. Being a fan means you want the team to do well. The last thing it means is defending garbage coaches and garbage players who are keeping this team from doing well.

You call yourself a fan but then you're not pissed by the results of today? The results of this season? The results of the last decade? That doesn't even make any sense.

The reason I continue to be a fan is because I want this team to WIN, and I will continue to be angry and pissed and ***** about it when they don't. I won't roll over and find reasons why they "overachieved" when they actually choked on the field. I expect more from my team and I'm very disappointed that so called "fans" like yourself don't.

I'll tell you what, if someone asked you at the beginning of the season what our record would be what would you have said? I bet you guessed 6-10 wasn't it? Well, we are past that point so does that mean we overachieved?

To most fans on this site we overachieved. You never change man. You'd complain about not winning $2,000,000 in a lottery when you only won $1,000,000. Why did Cleveland only score 8 points today against a lower ranked defense at home when they average 27.7 per game? You don't know your head from your ass so pipe down.

Your attitude sucks and you know most people that visit this site would agree. Do you know that most probably take what you say with a grain of salt? I'd hate to have to have to pair up with someone like yourself to accomplish anything whether it was work, sports, whatever. It would always be my fault if something didn't go right. Unfortunately it's attitudes in people like yourself that never contribute to any good. If you were on this Buffalo team you would be known as a locker room cancer!

djjimkelly
12-16-2007, 10:19 PM
ill answer what u said to OP

i called 7 to 9 wins i wasnt impressed by who we had to play this season go check any prediction thread.

problem for me is way this all shook down we had much better chance at 10

god help if we had a good to excellent staff

jpdex12
12-16-2007, 10:22 PM
BTW, thanks for the negative rep Op. I didn't single you out by writing this thread but apparently you understand the type of person that you are because you willingly posted on it with some pretty strong critisism of your own. You are a disgrace as a fan of this team. Thank Mikey for posting your picture from the Fins game so I can cringe at the site of you wearing red, white and Buffalo blue.

edited: namecalling

Billzz
12-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Looks like the people know who they are without being named.

Simply amazing, really.

There comes a point where it just becomes the same drivel about different things. No one is refuting your rights to post your feelings. No one is saying that your opinions are wrong. All that is being construed is it gets old. If you are that unhappy with every little thing that seems to be going on with the team, F.O., QB situation as it appears, then you give the appearance you hate the team as a whole.

Sorry but not everyone feels the need to incessantly whine about everything to be a fan. It does not make you a better fan to question every action and play chosen. They are not an underachieving team at this point, they are overachieving. If you are not happy with all the choices and record up to this point guess what, NO FAN IS. No one settles for mediocrity or wants us to go .500 and miss the playoffs. We are all in the same boat wanting to win NOW, but if you can't see the positive strides being made this year you are blind.

I am not less of a fan because I don't question all decisions and get stressed out on a message board. I do not claim to be able to replace and out coach our existing coaching staff like some do. It is totally preposterous to think anyone on THIS message board can see the big picture or understand all the facets leading up to decisions being made. That to me is annoyning and really shows how much you don't know.

Agree to disagree but a hand full of people here push their claims and comments as what really needs to be done instead of using this site for its intended nature. To discuss the team, not use it for a forum to preach your advanced inside knowledge of jack *****.

RockStar36
12-16-2007, 10:57 PM
You guys both need to chill out.

I don't want to have to edit any posts or issue any points. Relax children.

im4bflo
12-16-2007, 11:02 PM
:gobills:

Oaf
12-17-2007, 01:08 AM
BTW, thanks for the negative rep Op. You are a total douche bag. I didn't single you out by writing this thread but apparently you understand the type of person that you are because you willingly posted on it with some pretty strong critisism of your own. You are a disgrace as a fan of this team. Thank Mikey for posting your picture from the Fins game so I can cringe at the site of you wearing red, white and Buffalo blue.
That's a little too personal I think.

What would you like us all to do, Jpdex? Simply not be angry/frustrated with yet another painful loss than pushes back our playoff hopes by at least 9 months, and therefore be a "true fan"?

I'm a fairly optimistic poster as others should attest to, but this thread is ridiculous. If you want to have tunnel-vision with how people view this team, either go email Chris Brown or utilize your ignore button. :cynic:

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 08:45 AM
I'll tell you what, if someone asked you at the beginning of the season what our record would be what would you have said? I bet you guessed 6-10 wasn't it? Well, we are past that point so does that mean we overachieved?

To most fans on this site we overachieved. You never change man. You'd complain about not winning $2,000,000 in a lottery when you only won $1,000,000. Why did Cleveland only score 8 points today against a lower ranked defense at home when they average 27.7 per game? You don't know your head from your ass so pipe down.

Your attitude sucks and you know most people that visit this site would agree. Do you know that most probably take what you say with a grain of salt? I'd hate to have to have to pair up with someone like yourself to accomplish anything whether it was work, sports, whatever. It would always be my fault if something didn't go right. Unfortunately it's attitudes in people like yourself that never contribute to any good. If you were on this Buffalo team you would be known as a locker room cancer!

who CARES how many points we allowed? We LOST and at the end of the day that's all that matters.

My attitude sucks? Yours is worse. You have a defeatist attitude. If something doesn't go right, it's always SOMEONE's fault, whether you want to admit it or not. But hey, you'd rather say it's acceptable that we lost because we only gave up 8 points. That's just pathetic. The goal is to win, and if we don't win, someone is responsible.

Yeah, people who want to win rather than make excuses for losses are locker room cancers :rolleyes:. This is the NFL- not Little League. They don't give people trophies for effort.

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 08:49 AM
BTW, thanks for the negative rep Op. I didn't single you out by writing this thread but apparently you understand the type of person that you are because you willingly posted on it with some pretty strong critisism of your own. You are a disgrace as a fan of this team. Thank Mikey for posting your picture from the Fins game so I can cringe at the site of you wearing red, white and Buffalo blue.

edited: namecalling

I'm a disgrace? I'm not the one making excuses for losses. I'm not the one holding the team to low standards. I'm not the one saying fans who realize all the problems this team has should leave.

What's wrong with wanting the team to win? What's wrong with being pissed off and frustrated when we don't? You people are sitting here saying we "overachieved" at 7-7. Well, we failed to beat any winning teams. We failed to make the playoffs. Calling that "overachieving" is basically saying we can't hold this team to the same standards that we hold other NFL teams, and that's pathetic and defeatist.

We don't need so called "fans" like you who are willing to not only accept mediocrity but adamently defend it as success.

jpdex12
12-17-2007, 07:38 PM
who CARES how many points we allowed? We LOST and at the end of the day that's all that matters.

My attitude sucks? Yours is worse. You have a defeatist attitude. If something doesn't go right, it's always SOMEONE's fault, whether you want to admit it or not. But hey, you'd rather say it's acceptable that we lost because we only gave up 8 points. That's just pathetic. The goal is to win, and if we don't win, someone is responsible.

Yeah, people who want to win rather than make excuses for losses are locker room cancers :rolleyes:. This is the NFL- not Little League. They don't give people trophies for effort.

Maybe you are responsible? For not letting this team have some kind of stability rather than axing every coach and player that losses before they get a chance to build a strong team and win. I guess you wanted Rome built in a day. I hate to think that we will have to enjoy the success of this team with fans like you when they get back to their winning ways. Until then keep whining and make sure you get your buddies on my case with neg rep and cute little comments in the user cp.

haha. Tough guy behind the monitor.

Go Bills!

im4bflo
12-17-2007, 07:45 PM
All the whiners that fall off the wagon, will be running to jump back on again,
so what do you get out of whining? A nice jog? :snicker2:
:yap: yeah,yeah,yeah, blah, blah,blah, So what now???
Change your diaper, and get back on, we saved your seat.

scott51
12-17-2007, 07:47 PM

I'm talking about the people that visit this site and ***** about everything and find any excuse to cry about how our team sucks, blah, blah, blah. The pathetic thing is that it is mainly a few of the same posters.

The Bills played one hell of a season so far and we have two games to go to finish strong with a 9-7 season. Yeah I'm pissed about missing the playoffs again but that is life. We have 14 players on IR and a very young team that has shown what it takes to fight it out every game. We have a 3rd round rookie QB playing better than a lot of veteran QB's in this league, a very good rookie RB that plays 110% every play every game with a nice looking DIII back up RB playing in the NFL. We patched positions with guys that wouldn't make a 53 man roster on other teams and they are playing with heart and winning the games that we should be winning with this team thus far.

I'll tell you though, for those of you that just hate life and ***** about every GD thing you can you need to think before you open your mouth. Read through the threads on this board this week and just look at how many BS whiners there are out there and ask yourself if you would like to play with them on your team. Suck it up and deal with it or go find another friggin team because you are bringing down this site. Sure everyone has their right to voice their opinion and good debate is what makes these boards entertaining but draw the line somewhere. If you can't see that this team has overachieved already this year then you are lost. We have improved each year with this new group at OBD and we will continue to improve next year and it will get better.

edited for TOS

AWESOME post! jpdex12 I wish there were more posters like you!

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 08:19 PM
You guys both need to chill out.
:10:

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Maybe you are responsible? For not letting this team have some kind of stability rather than axing every coach and player that losses before they get a chance to build a strong team and win. I guess you wanted Rome built in a day. I hate to think that we will have to enjoy the success of this team with fans like you when they get back to their winning ways. Until then keep whining and make sure you get your buddies on my case with neg rep and cute little comments in the user cp.

haha. Tough guy behind the monitor.

Go Bills!

I don't have any "neg rep buddies" so I don't know what the hell you're talking about. You got one neg from me and anything else you earned on your own. I have better things to do than try to get a bunch of people to neg you.

A day? it's been 8 years since we've been to the playoffs.

As far as all the changes, think of it this way- if you get on the highway going south when you're supposed to be going north, do you keep going south and hope you get there eventually? Or do you change directions as soon as possible? The longer you go in the wrong direction, the longer it takes to recover.

And btw, the coaches and FO don't listen to me, so blaming me for decisions that are out of my control is an absurd debating technique.

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 09:01 PM
All the whiners that fall off the wagon, will be running to jump back on again,
so what do you get out of whining? A nice jog? :snicker2:
:yap: yeah,yeah,yeah, blah, blah,blah, So what now???
Change your diaper, and get back on, we saved your seat.

who fell off the wagon?

If it were that easy, don't you think a lot of us would have been gone a long time ago? We're in it for the long haul and we want this team to win- that's why some of us complain so much. We're not winning.

Some of you really disturb me because you post like you wouldn't be here if you realized how bad this team was. That's just sad. There is no giving up, no matter how bad it gets.

im4bflo
12-17-2007, 09:06 PM
who fell off the wagon?

If it were that easy, don't you think a lot of us would have been gone a long time ago? We're in it for the long haul and we want this team to win- that's why some of us complain so much. We're not winning.

Some of you really disturb me because you post like you wouldn't be here if you realized how bad this team was. That's just sad. There is no giving up, no matter how bad it gets.

I'm just wondering, what does your complaining help in any way?

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm just wondering, what does your complaining help in any way?

it doesn't.

But this is a message board about the Bills. With the team being this bad for this long, I don't see how anyone can discuss the team without complaining, particularly anyone who wants the team to win.

There is a lot more bad than good about this team so anyone who doesn't want to acknowledge the bad- or anyone who accuses those who acknowledge the bad of "complaining"- is simply denying reality.

And don't take my word for it- just look up the Bills' overall record and stats over the last decade.

MikeInRoch
12-17-2007, 11:23 PM
The problem is that the years of being bad have upset you to the point of not having realistic expectations for each year. This team simply does not have enough talent at many positions, including the staff. There is no rational way you should have 'expected' them to make the playoffs this season.

I'm not asking you to be happy about it. No one is happy about it. I'm asking you to be realistic about it.

Bills10-6in08
12-17-2007, 11:33 PM

Is this Marshall Faulk ?
Man it seems like evertime i read somthing of yours, your talking **** about the Bills. Why do you and every other little fair weather fan ***** just shut the Hell up and let the rest of us true fans talk football and be proud of our Bills Who have done so much with so little. Go Bills !!!

historypete
12-17-2007, 11:44 PM
Just because someone is critical of the team or a certain aspect of it does not mean you are a bad fan or whatnot. In fact to be complacent can be worse than critical, because at least by being critical you can see room for improvement.

Look, I've been calling for Fairchild's head for about 15 weeks now. Does that mean I hate the team I grew up cheering for??? No. What that means is I love this team so much that I'm sick of seeing the same old crap every week on offense, from a gameplanning and playcalling standpoint and I'm not going to sit around and say its okay. I'm estactic that Fairchild is gone, I wish he would have left last week. Sorry it that offends someone, but I look at his body of work as offensive coordinator, or lackthereof, and it frustrates me.

The reason it frustrates me is because this offense could have produced much more than it did this year. We all came into the year expecting this to be a high flying offense. No doubt we all over estimated that, but not to the point that we've been ranked 31st all year. A lot of this, I think, falls on Fairchild because his gameplans were boring and predictable. He found no ways to get his playmakers involved. He never used Lynch in the passing game. He relied on tight-ends that have very little athletic ability and brought nothing to the table. This offense was pathetic and most of that is due to Fairchilds shortcomings.

Now by pointing this out, and yes it has been constant, does that make me a bad fan??? I can't see how it does, but it is unfortunate that some believe any criticism is unwarranted.

This thread is very similar to the arguments everyone had earlier in the season, when people were either bashing JP or supporting him. Just because you criticise does not mean you are not a fan.

jamze132
12-18-2007, 02:47 AM
I call it passion.

I have been a diehard for well over 20 years now and I have to say, we have been in a serious lul ever since Polian left. Donahoe set us back light years and its going to take time for Levy to right the ship. I do think we are headed in the right direction again, but there have been too many speed bumps along the way. Fairchild is a good example of one.

I will continue to post my opinions on a MESSAGE BOARD. If someone doesn't share my same view, so what? I don't share the same views from 80% of the people on here. But I try not to bash someones opinion. I don't need my e-penis to get any bigger.

im4bflo
12-18-2007, 07:05 PM
it doesn't. < THAT'S RIGHT!!!!

But this is a message board about the Bills. With the team being this bad for this long, I don't see how anyone can discuss the team without complaining, particularly anyone who wants the team to win.

There is a lot more bad than good about this team so anyone who doesn't want to acknowledge the bad- or anyone who accuses those who acknowledge the bad of "complaining"- is simply denying reality.

And don't take my word for it- just look up the Bills' overall record and stats over the last decade.

(it doesn't) help in ANY way, so why do it here?
Look in the mirror, and complain away.
You don't have to share your waste of bandwidth with us.
"Save the drama, for your momma"

yordad
12-18-2007, 08:01 PM
OK, I'm new, so I'm pretty sure I wasn't coming across many minds during this thread. But, I still feel the need to respond.

I love the Bills. I was raised a Bills fan. I like all the players. I love WNY. We have a great bunch of guys, and I root hard for them.

But, just because I see flaws, and want to discuss them sometimes, doesn't mean I am finding a new team, anytime soon.

It is common for a pessimistic view after a shutout loss. A loss that eliminated us from the Playoffs. Some people want to speculate as to why. They want to point out things that could be improved; some want to find reason and point to it. Some people want to discuss positions that need to be upgraded.

Some people want to talk about how our injury riddled, young Bills overachieved. How the future looks bright. How Marv is drafting all the right player. How we only have a few holes and we can compete with the Patriots.

Some say this was a rebuilding year. Others argue it is re-rebuilding because we have been rebuilding for a decade.

I see both sides. I like to discuss both sides. And, message boards would be pretty boring if there was only one side.

The Bills are MY team too, and they will always be.

PS. Well said historypete.

OpIv37
12-18-2007, 08:56 PM
(it doesn't) help in ANY way, so why do it here?
Look in the mirror, and complain away.
You don't have to share your waste of bandwidth with us.
"Save the drama, for your momma"
I'm here to discuss the team, and this team has given us a lot to complain about. That's why I do it here.

If you don't like my posts, why do you read them? Use the ignore feature or simply scroll past them.

im4bflo
12-18-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm here to discuss the team, and this team has given us a lot to complain about. That's why I do it here.

If you don't like my posts, why do you read them? Use the ignore feature or simply scroll past them.

I love your worthless posts, get it off your chest.
Tell us how the team needs to keep rebuilding,
we would never know that without your 10 posts a day,
repeating it, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...

HAMMER
12-18-2007, 09:28 PM

No one can ignore you Op because you argue so much you are constantly quoted and we have to see the EXACT same posts from you day after day and year after year. Why not go volunteer some of the time you waste here helping less fortunate people instead of making us all suffer everyday.

OpIv37
12-18-2007, 09:38 PM
No one can ignore you Op because you argue so much you are constantly quoted and we have to see the EXACT same posts from you day after day and year after year. Why not go volunteer some of the time you waste here helping less fortunate people instead of making us all suffer everyday.

my posts are the EXACT same because they're responses to people saying the EXACT SAME thing over and over again. For example, you wouldn't see me posting about how bad Jauron is so many times if there weren't so many people out there talking him up. You and a few other people get on my case for repeating myself, but you NEVER criticize all the posts that say "Marshawn is a beast" or "Jauron has the team well prepared" or "this team overachieved" or "this team had so many injuries so they actually did well" etc over and over and over and over again.

Repeated posts only annoy you when you disagree with them.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Right now the Bills are 7-7, if Buffalo losses both games they are 7-9 which is really no different then being 6-10.. The only thing that matters is making the Playoffs.. It be great to go 9-7..

I can see opivs point a view, I dont 100% agree with it, but he has that right to complain when year after year its the same outcome.. Id rather see the Bills avg 3 points a game and make the playoffs then avg 30 points a game and go 9-7 and miss the playoffs..

Year after year its always "well atleast the players got experience" and thats very true that they have, but they better use that experience the next year.. So far the experience of being a mediocre team has taught them exactly that..

People that are complaining here are sick of seeing a medoicre team when we all know they can be better..

im4bflo
12-18-2007, 10:21 PM
Hey Op, since the BILLS have NEVER been 100% PERFECT.
You have NEVER had anything good to say ?

raphael120
12-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Hey Op, since the BILLS have NEVER been 100% PERFECT.
You have NEVER had anything good to say ?
It's one thing to demand 100% but our team hasn't even cracked 50% success rate last season, and we, at best, can be ~65% if we win out.

Listen, it's the Bills fault this season setting the bar low.

So you're saying since our team, the Bills, led us to believe they'd be so crappy at the beginning of the season, that in turn, by having them let the fans expect nothing, but hey, you got something, so the Bills come out in the end being awesome.

Hey, I think they need more fans in Miami because apparently you seem to be the kind that if they're thrown a win here and there, that's good enough for you.

Are you happy about the Sabres? Didn't you expect them to be a hell of a lot better at the beginning of the season? Do you know why expectations were so high? Because the Sabres kick some ass. Are you going to be proud of the Sabres if they finish at .500? Aren't you going to be disapointed? I sure as hell am, but you know what, at least the Sabres have solid coaching.

See, some people don't treat the Bills as the ugly little stepchild that we feel bad for all the time and end up thinking that "Well, at least little Billy gave it a good shot!"

If the Bills actually won something in the past 10 years, people wouldn't be happy and settling and be proud of an average team.

Unfortunately, until the Bills start playing like the Sabres, everyone is going to get used to this crap and be ok with "well at least we're still relevant!"

Sometimes when I go to sporting events I like to be able to stand up to fans from other teams. I can do that with the Sabres. Ha, it's funny actually because fans of other hockey teams won't rip on the Sabres, they'll rip on the Bills in retaliation because the Sabres aren't a team to **** with or make fun of.

Face it, the Bills are a joke to other people, and I'm a Bills fan, but at some point you just have to face reality and know you deserve times like the early 90's again. But whats even more of a joke than the Bills constant letting down of its fans, is fans that accept it, bend over, and ask Ralph Wilson for more.

See what happens when you don't expect anything from your team.

I expect something more than this after 10 seasons.

All I have to say is, next year is our window. We now have a shot to right was was wrong, namely our offense that has ranked among the very last in the league for TWO STRAIGHT SEASONS! I'd like to point out that there is no other team in the league that has been pretty much dead last 2 seasons in a row.

One thing the Bils have been consistent about in the past two years was consistent in sucking.

Fairchild is gone. Jauron and Marv have a chance to right this wrong and save face. If not, this whole Marv/Dick experience has been another waste of 3 years.

jpdex12
12-18-2007, 10:54 PM
AWESOME post! jpdex12 I wish there were more posters like you!

:flex: :monkeyp:WHINERS

jpdex12
12-18-2007, 11:02 PM
I don't have any "neg rep buddies" so I don't know what the hell you're talking about. You got one neg from me and anything else you earned on your own. I have better things to do than try to get a bunch of people to neg you.

A day? it's been 8 years since we've been to the playoffs.

As far as all the changes, think of it this way- if you get on the highway going south when you're supposed to be going north, do you keep going south and hope you get there eventually? Or do you change directions as soon as possible? The longer you go in the wrong direction, the longer it takes to recover.

And btw, the coaches and FO don't listen to me, so blaming me for decisions that are out of my control is an absurd debating technique.

You missed the whole point Einstein! I said maybe it's people like yourself that bring this team down. Your people and the media. You want instant gratification and it aint gonna happen. You won't give the current coaches and players and administration time to take shape. You can't blame the current regime for prior mistakes. Be pissed at Ralph but not Marv and Co. they are doing some good. Wait and see and you will be proven wrong about this group.

The way you whine about things you'd think that OBD really cared what you think.

jpdex12
12-18-2007, 11:16 PM
It's one thing to demand 100% but our team hasn't even cracked 50% success rate last season, and we, at best, can be ~65% if we win out.

Listen, it's the Bills fault this season setting the bar low.

So you're saying since our team, the Bills, led us to believe they'd be so crappy at the beginning of the season, that in turn, by having them let the fans expect nothing, but hey, you got something, so the Bills come out in the end being awesome.

Hey, I think they need more fans in Miami because apparently you seem to be the kind that if they're thrown a win here and there, that's good enough for you.

Are you happy about the Sabres? Didn't you expect them to be a hell of a lot better at the beginning of the season? Do you know why expectations were so high? Because the Sabres kick some ass. Are you going to be proud of the Sabres if they finish at .500? Aren't you going to be disapointed? I sure as hell am, but you know what, at least the Sabres have solid coaching.

See, some people don't treat the Bills as the ugly little stepchild that we feel bad for all the time and end up thinking that "Well, at least little Billy gave it a good shot!"

If the Bills actually won something in the past 10 years, people wouldn't be happy and settling and be proud of an average team.

Unfortunately, until the Bills start playing like the Sabres, everyone is going to get used to this crap and be ok with "well at least we're still relevant!"

Sometimes when I go to sporting events I like to be able to stand up to fans from other teams. I can do that with the Sabres. Ha, it's funny actually because fans of other hockey teams won't rip on the Sabres, they'll rip on the Bills in retaliation because the Sabres aren't a team to **** with or make fun of.

Face it, the Bills are a joke to other people, and I'm a Bills fan, but at some point you just have to face reality and know you deserve times like the early 90's again. But whats even more of a joke than the Bills constant letting down of its fans, is fans that accept it, bend over, and ask Ralph Wilson for more.

See what happens when you don't expect anything from your team.

I expect something more than this after 10 seasons.

All I have to say is, next year is our window. We now have a shot to right was was wrong, namely our offense that has ranked among the very last in the league for TWO STRAIGHT SEASONS! I'd like to point out that there is no other team in the league that has been pretty much dead last 2 seasons in a row.

One thing the Bils have been consistent about in the past two years was consistent in sucking.

Fairchild is gone. Jauron and Marv have a chance to right this wrong and save face. If not, this whole Marv/Dick experience has been another waste of 3 years.

Part of the problem is that a lot of the zoners that are doing the most complaining maybe didn't get to experience what it was like to win like we did in the early 90's. You can say you were alive but were you really old enough to understand and know what the feeling was like?

The Bills sucked for long enough before 1988-89 rolled along. Then we hit the 90's and now we are sucking again in the 2000's. You have to take the good with the bad. How would you like to be a Falcons fan? Or a Vikings fan? Or a Cardinals fan? You know what I'm saying!

jpdex12
12-18-2007, 11:23 PM
The Bills have sucked since 1999 and they tease us every year and end up finding a way to shoot themselves in the foot for the past 8 years. There I critisized our team. Fairchild's playcalling was not acceptable this year but JP didn't help matters either. WHy was JP lighting it up at the end of last year and all was quiet on this board? Did Fairchild completely alter his plays from the end of last year and that is why JP sucked? NO! Fairchild tried adding more and JP couldn't handle it and then our O really sucked. Then we introduced a rookie to the O. And it was back to vanilla again. More lousy offense. Wow, here's a bunch of complaining.

Now for some commending.

Jauron keeping this young injury riddled team focused. Jauron and Marv pulling another great draft this year. Fewell's second strong year with out defense. Promise from a 3rd round QB who just might settle our future at QB. A better record from last year. Slow but increased improvement going into year three with DJ and boys. We have a jumbotron. The Bills are still in Buffalo. Marshawn is our answer at RB. We had a LT make the probowl.

Op and the rest of you, let's hear you commend the team. We have heard enough useless complaining. Talk about something good for once.

jpdex12
12-18-2007, 11:24 PM
my posts are the EXACT same because they're responses to people saying the EXACT SAME thing over and over again. For example, you wouldn't see me posting about how bad Jauron is so many times if there weren't so many people out there talking him up. You and a few other people get on my case for repeating myself, but you NEVER criticize all the posts that say "Marshawn is a beast" or "Jauron has the team well prepared" or "this team overachieved" or "this team had so many injuries so they actually did well" etc over and over and over and over again.

Repeated posts only annoy you when you disagree with them.

Show me where you've said these positive things...I'm not holding my breath.

OpIv37
12-18-2007, 11:28 PM
You missed the whole point Einstein! I said maybe it's people like yourself that bring this team down. Your people and the media. You want instant gratification and it aint gonna happen. You won't give the current coaches and players and administration time to take shape. You can't blame the current regime for prior mistakes. Be pissed at Ralph but not Marv and Co. they are doing some good. Wait and see and you will be proven wrong about this group.

The way you whine about things you'd think that OBD really cared what you think.

you missed the whole point. the media doesn't listen to me and the team doesn't listen to me or the media. So what we want doesn't matter.

Second, there's nothing instant about 8 YEARS. I don't know why you can't understand that. And 8 years ago was the Music City debacle so it's really 10 years.

Third, as far as giving them more time, I can't even tell you how ridiculous that is. Bledsoe, Rob Johnson, JP, Todd Collins at QB. That fat **** Mike Williams and a bunch of no names on the OL. Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey at HC- you really think they needed more time? they were TERRIBLE. If anything, they were kept around too long- ie going south when we should have been heading north. The further south you drive, the longer it takes to get to the destination.

What did ANY of these guys do after they left Buffalo to make you think they would have been successful if they had stayed here? None of them have accomplished a damn thing.

Your post is just grasping at straws. The team doesn't listen to fans or the media, and even if they did, the fans and the media are right on this one: more time wouldn't have helped any of those losers.

jpdex12
12-18-2007, 11:44 PM
you missed the whole point. the media doesn't listen to me and the team doesn't listen to me or the media. So what we want doesn't matter.

Second, there's nothing instant about 8 YEARS. I don't know why you can't understand that. And 8 years ago was the Music City debacle so it's really 10 years.

Third, as far as giving them more time, I can't even tell you how ridiculous that is. Bledsoe, Rob Johnson, JP, Todd Collins at QB. That fat **** Mike Williams and a bunch of no names on the OL. Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey at HC- you really think they needed more time? they were TERRIBLE. If anything, they were kept around too long- ie going south when we should have been heading north. The further south you drive, the longer it takes to get to the destination.

What did ANY of these guys do after they left Buffalo to make you think they would have been successful if they had stayed here? None of them have accomplished a damn thing.

Your post is just grasping at straws. The team doesn't listen to fans or the media, and even if they did, the fans and the media are right on this one: more time wouldn't have helped any of those losers.

The team doesn't pay attention/ listen to the media and the fans? The media hears the fans complaints and the media relays it to the players during interviews in the locker room after and before games. You say the team doesn't listen to anyone then you say even if they did the fans and media would be right? How about when the fans "boo" the players during a game? Quite often sitting in my season seats you can hear stupid ignorant fans complaining about such BS that I can't stand it. They complain about things like the team could just fix it or do something different like flipping a switch. What these people like yourself don't understand is how hard it is to win on a regular basis in the NFL. Few teams have repeatedly found the formula. As money hungry as some of the layers are today and only playing for money you can't imagnie how hard it must be to create chemistry on a team that carries over into WINS. We are seeing a Bill's team that will have that chemistry as they have already shown they will fight it out even with reserves playing. Now we just need more talent and a healthy season.

raphael120
12-18-2007, 11:45 PM
Part of the problem is that a lot of the zoners that are doing the most complaining maybe didn't get to experience what it was like to win like we did in the early 90's. You can say you were alive but were you really old enough to understand and know what the feeling was like?

The Bills sucked for long enough before 1988-89 rolled along. Then we hit the 90's and now we are sucking again in the 2000's. You have to take the good with the bad. How would you like to be a Falcons fan? Or a Vikings fan? Or a Cardinals fan? You know what I'm saying!
I was alive and I was about 8 when they were in the Super Bowls and I was old enough to remember everything and the crushing defeats, crying myself to bed and having my dad have to give me a pep talk meanwhile him feeling about ready to cry himself because of the ups and downs of being a Bills fan (one thing they arent is boring).

BUt anyways, to answer your question about the Falcons fans, Vikings or Cardinals...

Falcons have made and lost in the Super bowl in '98, and were in the playoffs last in '02 and '04. Not too shabby.

Vikings were last in the playoffs in '04, and before that they were in '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '98, '99, and '00. Talk about consistency.

Cardinals were last in the playoffs in '98 and before that, '82. But they moved around a lot, were the Phoenix Cardinals, St. Louis Cardinals, etc...

And we were in '98, '99.

I think it's just the fact that in this day and age in the NFL, whatever you're doing to get 9 straight seasons without playoffs, you must be doing something pretty wrong. Everyone knows the stat that we are along with the Cardinals as having the longest playoff drought in the NFL. Sure we have the Super Bowls but what about those people who haven't been alive for the Super Bowls. Don't our future kids/kids deserve to see something that resembles those great teams?

Steelers are still a damn good resemblence of what the Super Bowl Steelers back in the 70s were...they have an identity. Something I wish the Bills had.

Whens the last time you thought the Bills had an identity? Besides that identity being the kid that always got bullied and picked on and humiliated and choked when it mattered the most?

I think the thing that stings the most is that out of all teams, the BROWNS are making the playoffs and showing they have a good shot to play with the big boys.

Just goes to show you that just because you've been a loser for 9 seasons doesn't mean you have to accept it.

jpdex12
12-19-2007, 12:03 AM
I was alive and I was about 8 when they were in the Super Bowls and I was old enough to remember everything and the crushing defeats, crying myself to bed and having my dad have to give me a pep talk meanwhile him feeling about ready to cry himself because of the ups and downs of being a Bills fan (one thing they arent is boring).

BUt anyways, to answer your question about the Falcons fans, Vikings or Cardinals...

Falcons have made and lost in the Super bowl in '98, and were in the playoffs last in '02 and '04. Not too shabby.

Vikings were last in the playoffs in '04, and before that they were in '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '98, '99, and '00. Talk about consistency.

Cardinals were last in the playoffs in '98 and before that, '82. But they moved around a lot, were the Phoenix Cardinals, St. Louis Cardinals, etc...

And we were in '98, '99.

I think it's just the fact that in this day and age in the NFL, whatever you're doing to get 9 straight seasons without playoffs, you must be doing something pretty wrong. Everyone knows the stat that we are along with the Cardinals as having the longest playoff drought in the NFL. Sure we have the Super Bowls but what about those people who haven't been alive for the Super Bowls. Don't our future kids/kids deserve to see something that resembles those great teams?

Steelers are still a damn good resemblence of what the Super Bowl Steelers back in the 70s were...they have an identity. Something I wish the Bills had.

Whens the last time you thought the Bills had an identity? Besides that identity being the kid that always got bullied and picked on and humiliated and choked when it mattered the most?

I think the thing that stings the most is that out of all teams, the BROWNS are making the playoffs and showing they have a good shot to play with the big boys.

Just goes to show you that just because you've been a loser for 9 seasons doesn't mean you have to accept it.

This is exactly what is wrong with our society today. They want everything for not doing anything. All for nothing. This is my last post dealing with this because I am getting pissed. We aren't GD good enough to win right now and go to the playoffs. The Bills won two AFL championships back to back in the 60's and had one of the most winningest records throughout the 90's. But as usual it's what have you done for me lately. I am pissed that we have not been to the playoffs lately. And I'm more pissed to have to keep defending my own team against my own fans. We will get better we just have to keep being the great fans that everyone looks at Buffalo as having. It does no good *****ing about it. We just have to hope that we continue to improve and we will.

BTW, touching childhood story. I'll beat my 8 year old if he ever cries himself to sleep over a f**king game. If it's that bad I would give him an ear full about getting pissed off and doing something about it.

You have to understand that an older Bill's fan has been through much more than you have so for the younger generation of fans to want all for nothing doesn't bode well. We haven't had a HC in place for long enough to have any kind of stability since Levy and Polian. That's was kills me the most. I hate starting from scratch every three years. That will never work. People want results over night and that will rarely happen. This is why we haven't been to the playoffs in so long. Ralph should have guessed right the first time and it wouldnt have been this long. Do you always guess right the first time? Too bad Ralph wasn't perfect!

OpIv37
12-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Show me where you've said these positive things...I'm not holding my breath.

again, you missed the point.

I didn't say those positive things- other people did. And they repeated them ad nauseum. Yet, HAMMER never complained about them being repetitive- only about me being repetitive. He makes it sound like his problem is repetition, but it's not- it's hearing things he doesn't want to hear.

jpdex12
12-19-2007, 08:41 AM
again, you missed the point.

I didn't say those positive things- other people did. And they repeated them ad nauseum. Yet, HAMMER never complained about them being repetitive- only about me being repetitive. He makes it sound like his problem is repetition, but it's not- it's hearing things he doesn't want to hear.

Let's hear some of the positives that Op has to say about the Bills...

OpIv37
12-19-2007, 08:45 AM
The team doesn't pay attention/ listen to the media and the fans? The media hears the fans complaints and the media relays it to the players during interviews in the locker room after and before games. You say the team doesn't listen to anyone then you say even if they did the fans and media would be right? How about when the fans "boo" the players during a game? Quite often sitting in my season seats you can hear stupid ignorant fans complaining about such BS that I can't stand it. They complain about things like the team could just fix it or do something different like flipping a switch. What these people like yourself don't understand is how hard it is to win on a regular basis in the NFL. Few teams have repeatedly found the formula. As money hungry as some of the layers are today and only playing for money you can't imagnie how hard it must be to create chemistry on a team that carries over into WINS. We are seeing a Bill's team that will have that chemistry as they have already shown they will fight it out even with reserves playing. Now we just need more talent and a healthy season.

who's talking about winning repeatedly? We've had ONE winning season in the last 8 years (possibly two depending on how this one plays out). 29 of 32 teams have made the playoffs in that span, including the expansion version of the Browns. If it's so hard, why is it that only 3 of 32 teams haven't been able to get into the playoffs?

It's hard to do what the Patriots or Colts do, or what the Eagles did for a 4 year span, and be consistently at the top of the division.

It's not nearly as hard to get it right once as you make it sound, and we haven't even been able to do that. As Bills fans, we sit here and watch other teams come and go while we remain mired in mediocrity and never get ahead.

And you totally misunderstood what I said about the fans and media. The team does NOT make decisions based on what fans say. The media may or may not repeat what fans say to players, but players don't make decisions. The team makes it's decisions regardless of what fans say. Example: a few years ago most fans were calling for Lindell's head. But over the last 3 seasons, he's been our most consistent player. In that case, the team was right not to listen to the media. When it comes to Williams, Mularkey, Bledsoe, Mike Williams, etc, the team made their decision independent of the fans, but the fans wanted them gone and that was the right move. I don't know where you got this crazy idea that they were fired because the fans and the media wanted them gone- even if it's ture, that's inside information that you could not possibly have.

As far as booing players during games, sometimes players deserve to be booed. They get paid a lot of money to perform, and the fans who paid good money for tickets and put their hearts and souls into this team have the right to boo when they don't perform.

You're stuck on this "flip a switch/instant gratification" bull****. This team has been getting it wrong for a decade and there's no excuse for it. Fan frustration is well warranted at this point. Don't you ever get sick of losing? Don't you ever get sick of this "building for the future talk" only to find out the future never actually gets here? And all this long-term rebuilding stuff- it doesn't change the fact that players and coaches underpeformed against Denver, Dallas, NE (twice), Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Cleveland- Donahoe's mistakes are no excuse for not getting the job done and not showing up when it counts the most.

jpdex12
12-19-2007, 09:04 AM
JP appeared to be a Donahoe mistake and we paid for it with the Denver loss, the Pittsburgh loss, the Jacksonville loss...

We should have won that Jax game and that would have changed the playoff picture for us drasticly but JP gaffed that. So we are still dealing with Donahoe's mistakes.

If you don't think that the media and fan base have influence on the team then you are crazy. When the media and fans scrutinize the team they hear and see that in the papers, from the stands, on the internet and it can certainly stir things up in the locker room. Look at the crap the the G-men went through with Tiki and Strahan and the rest of the team. If the Bill's admin knows the fans are unhappy then that reflects with ticket and merchandise sales.

BTW, if you think that it seems so easy to critisize a team and put a winning formula on the field every year then how do you think that Chicago fans feel with their team in the SB one year and not making the playoffs the next? There have been plenty of other teams that this happened to as well...Pittsburgh!

I don't like the losing either but there isn't much we can do about it but keep supporting the team and hoping for better results. Unless you are going to ***** to the right people about it and have direct influence on the Bills FO decisions it isn't going to do any good. I don't see any success you are having from complaining every day about damn near everything. The Bill's are still in a playoff drought so try something different.

Maybe you should try reverse psychology!

OpIv37
12-19-2007, 09:19 AM
JP appeared to be a Donahoe mistake and we paid for it with the Denver loss, the Pittsburgh loss, the Jacksonville loss...

We should have won that Jax game and that would have changed the playoff picture for us drasticly but JP gaffed that. So we are still dealing with Donahoe's mistakes.

If you don't think that the media and fan base have influence on the team then you are crazy. When the media and fans scrutinize the team they hear and see that in the papers, from the stands, on the internet and it can certainly stir things up in the locker room. Look at the crap the the G-men went through with Tiki and Strahan and the rest of the team. If the Bill's admin knows the fans are unhappy then that reflects with ticket and merchandise sales.

BTW, if you think that it seems so easy to critisize a team and put a winning formula on the field every year then how do you think that Chicago fans feel with their team in the SB one year and not making the playoffs the next? There have been plenty of other teams that this happened to as well...Pittsburgh!

I don't like the losing either but there isn't much we can do about it but keep supporting the team and hoping for better results. Unless you are going to ***** to the right people about it and have direct influence on the Bills FO decisions it isn't going to do any good. I don't see any success you are having from complaining every day about damn near everything. The Bill's are still in a playoff drought so try something different.

Maybe you should try reverse psychology!

well remaining positive and setting the bar low so we can pretend to be happy with the outcome of the season doesn't change anything either.

I never said it was easy to put a winning season together every year, but 29 teams have made the playoffs during our drought. No one is expecting us to win the Super Bowl every year. Making the playoffs once a decade shouldn't be too much to ask.

As far as Pittsburgh and Chicago- well, we're losing anyway. I'd gladly have a Super Bowl season followed by a losing season then not have a Super Bowl season at all.

Philagape
12-19-2007, 09:30 AM
About the two years vs. eight years thing ....

The only person who's been a Buffalo Bill for the past eight years is Ralph. Problem is, he's not accountable to anyone, and whatever he does to affect the team can't be quickly undone. Therefore it's illogical to complain about the eight years in the context of the current administration that's been here two years. It's nothing but emotion. The next time you say something like, "I'm tired of waiting eight years for them to make the playoffs," ask yourself, who is "them" and how much can "them" do differently in one season? It's not like we can change GMs and coaches every year.

raphael120
12-19-2007, 10:52 AM
BTW, touching childhood story. I'll beat my 8 year old if he ever cries himself to sleep over a f**king game. If it's that bad I would give him an ear full about getting pissed off and doing something about it.

I was ****ing 8 years old and we lost the Super Bowl for the 3rd time in a row. A Super Bowl is "just a game"? You'd beat a kid too? Maybe you're the one who needs a beating, ****ing coward.

if this is just "football" then why are you wasting all your time on here.

If you think the Super Bowl is "just a game", and you can't express emotion over it, expecially as a Bills fan, especially when you're a little kid and very much a Bills fan, then you need to check yourself.

Stupid idiotic comment, man. It's Bills fans like you who give us a bad name. What the hell man.

And we WERE good enough to go to the playoffs this year if it wasn't for poor coaching when it mattered most! If you coach good all year long and you can't cut it when everything is on the line, then what the hell are you doing coaching. Everything is thrown out the window when you work so hard and can't do it when it matters.

justasportsfan
12-19-2007, 10:56 AM

We should have won that Jax game and that would have changed the playoff picture for us drasticly but JP gaffed that. So we are still dealing with Donahoe's mistakes

that should be blamed on the weather and Fairchild. Works for trent.

OpIv37
12-19-2007, 11:27 AM
About the two years vs. eight years thing ....

The only person who's been a Buffalo Bill for the past eight years is Ralph. Problem is, he's not accountable to anyone, and whatever he does to affect the team can't be quickly undone. Therefore it's illogical to complain about the eight years in the context of the current administration that's been here two years. It's nothing but emotion. The next time you say something like, "I'm tired of waiting eight years for them to make the playoffs," ask yourself, who is "them" and how much can "them" do differently in one season? It's not like we can change GMs and coaches every year.

"them" is the team. As a fan, we want to see the team make the playoffs every year, therefore it is not illogical to complain about eight years of no playoffs.

It doesn't matter that it was a different FO. Changing FO personnel doesn't erase history. Those years happened- I was there and so were most of you (if not all of you).

It frustrates the hell out of me to sit here and say "well, we can't expect playoffs this year because we have a new FO that's still getting their team in place." It may be the reality of the situation, but being out of the playoffs is being out of the playoffs, regardless of the reasons for it. If Ralph knew what the hell he was doing, we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

Six of those years are the fault of a regime that is no longer in place, and you can even argue that the last two years are their fault as well because Marv's still trying to sort out the cluster**** he left behind. But a different suit sitting behind a desk making phone calls doesn't make the playoff drought any less real or any less frustrating.

Philagape
12-19-2007, 12:07 PM
"them" is the team.

You have to be more specific. The team is run by people and the decisions are made by people and the games are played by people, so any complaints have to be about specific people. The last eight years have only one person in common, and he's not going to affect the outcome of any game. The biggest, most relevant decisions he makes are every five years or so.

It doesn't matter that it was a different FO. Changing FO personnel doesn't erase history. Those years happened- I was there and so were most of you (if not all of you).

It frustrates the hell out of me to sit here and say "well, we can't expect playoffs this year because we have a new FO that's still getting their team in place." It may be the reality of the situation, but being out of the playoffs is being out of the playoffs, regardless of the reasons for it. If Ralph knew what the hell he was doing, we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

Six of those years are the fault of a regime that is no longer in place, and you can even argue that the last two years are their fault as well because Marv's still trying to sort out the cluster**** he left behind. But a different suit sitting behind a desk making phone calls doesn't make the playoff drought any less real or any less frustrating.

Those are all valid emotional reactions. My point is it's illogical to apply emotion to a rational evaluation of the current administration -- to reality, as you put it. The frustration is understandable, but irrelevant in that context.

elltrain22
12-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Well put bro!!! I feel there is alot of pessism on this board alot of the time, but it's good to see that there are fans out there, like you & me, that'll live and die w/ this team no matter what. Whether we were 0-16 or 16-0 you'll still where your Bills attire w/ pride, you will still bleed blue & red, you will still be proud to say you love the greatest team in the world, and also defend them when any dumb ### makes the dreaded comment about Norwood or the 4 super bowl losses.

jpdex12
12-19-2007, 02:26 PM
"them" is the team. As a fan, we want to see the team make the playoffs every year, therefore it is not illogical to complain about eight years of no playoffs.

Then you are not a realist if you expect the playoffs in the first few years of a new coaching regime. 9 times out of 10 it aint gonna happen. If it happens then great but you are setting yourself up for a let down.

jpdex12
12-19-2007, 02:34 PM
I was ****ing 8 years old and we lost the Super Bowl for the 3rd time in a row. A Super Bowl is "just a game"? You'd beat a kid too? Maybe you're the one who needs a beating, ****ing coward.

if this is just "football" then why are you wasting all your time on here.

If you think the Super Bowl is "just a game", and you can't express emotion over it, expecially as a Bills fan, especially when you're a little kid and very much a Bills fan, then you need to check yourself.

Stupid idiotic comment, man. It's Bills fans like you who give us a bad name. What the hell man.

And we WERE good enough to go to the playoffs this year if it wasn't for poor coaching when it mattered most! If you coach good all year long and you can't cut it when everything is on the line, then what the hell are you doing coaching. Everything is thrown out the window when you work so hard and can't do it when it matters.

Yup! I'd beat either of my boys if they acted like a pussy or a spoiled brat and cried to sleep over a game. Tough love! how are you ever going to learn from it? If someone bullies you at school are you going to take it and then go home to cry or are you going to stand up to the bully and give him a good shot even if you end up getting your ass kicked? I'd teach my kid to go down swinging not console him for being a pussy.

We just have two different opinions on how to parent or whatever you want to call it and that's cool. Anyway, have a good one.

OpIv37
12-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Then you are not a realist if you expect the playoffs in the first few years of a new coaching regime. 9 times out of 10 it aint gonna happen. If it happens then great but you are setting yourself up for a let down.

I never said I expected playoffs, but that doesn't make me any less frustrated when we fail yet again.

The goal is to win games and make the playoffs- it has nothing to do with my personal expectations.

jpdex12
12-19-2007, 02:39 PM
I never said I expected playoffs, but that doesn't make me any less frustrated when we fail yet again.

The goal is to win games and make the playoffs- it has nothing to do with my personal expectations.

Then why does it frustrate you to sit there and say "well, we won't make the playoffs this year because we have a new front office"?

OpIv37
12-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Then why does it frustrate you to sit there and say "well, we won't make the playoffs this year because we have a new front office"?

because the goal is always to win games and make the playoffs. A new FO may mean that's not a reasonable expectation, but it doesn't change the goal or change the fact that we fell short of the goal. Again. For the 8th straight year.

And when people come on here and say "well, we didn't make the playoffs but we beat up on some crappy teams despite having a slew of injuries, so I'm proud and we overachieved", that's when they've accepted mediocrity. Instead of judging the team on how close they came to reaching the goal of playoffs, they lowered the bar and are judging the team by last year's crap-tacular results.

"Doing well in spite of the circumstances" is not the same thing as "doing well." Given the situation this year, yes, things could have been a lot worse. But the goal doesn't change with our circumstances, so we fell short once again.

jpdex12
12-19-2007, 03:06 PM
because the goal is always to win games and make the playoffs. A new FO may mean that's not a reasonable expectation, but it doesn't change the goal or change the fact that we fell short of the goal. Again. For the 8th straight year.

And when people come on here and say "well, we didn't make the playoffs but we beat up on some crappy teams despite having a slew of injuries, so I'm proud and we overachieved", that's when they've accepted mediocrity. Instead of judging the team on how close they came to reaching the goal of playoffs, they lowered the bar and are judging the team by last year's crap-tacular results.

"Doing well in spite of the circumstances" is not the same thing as "doing well." Given the situation this year, yes, things could have been a lot worse. But the goal doesn't change with our circumstances, so we fell short once again.

So can you list anything positive about this season just so we know you are human?

justasportsfan
12-19-2007, 03:13 PM
I understand where OP is coming from. Everyones goal is the same a sb win ,but he will ***** and whine on the way there.

Once we get there, he will find more things to ***** about however.

OpIv37
12-19-2007, 03:14 PM
So can you list anything positive about this season just so we know you are human?

Fairchild's gone- that's a definite plus.

Lynch looks great and Fred "Who?" Jackson came out of nowhere to be a very valuable player. And our OL is improved (which shows you how bad Fairchild is: a cadre of RB's and a decent OL and he still can't get anything done). If Jason Peters isn't the best LT in the league, he's damn close.

McCargo showed some improvement. DiGiorgio showed he's decent, although I still want Poz back because I think he's an upgrade. Somehow, our defensive backfield was decent despite youth and injuries. McGee has been solid. Wilson was a pleasant surprise at S before getting injured.

Our team is young and isn't going to lose anyone significant to FA this year.

Edwards- well, I'm not completely sold yet, but if he continues to improve, he'll be the steal of the '07 draft.

We beat a bunch of crap teams, but at least we won all the games we were supposed to win (with the possible exception of Denver).

Happy now?

shelby
12-19-2007, 04:26 PM
:up:

Billzz
12-19-2007, 05:16 PM

Lynch looks great and Fred "Who?" Jackson came out of nowhere to be a very valuable player. And our OL is improved (which shows you how bad Fairchild is: a cadre of RB's and a decent OL and he still can't get anything done). If Jason Peters isn't the best LT in the league, he's damn close.

McCargo showed some improvement. DiGiorgio showed he's decent, although I still want Poz back because I think he's an upgrade. Somehow, our defensive backfield was decent despite youth and injuries. McGee has been solid. Wilson was a pleasant surprise at S before getting injured.

Edwards- well, I'm not completely sold yet, but if he continues to improve, he'll be the steal of the '07 draft.

We beat a bunch of crap teams, but at least we won all the games we were supposed to win (with the possible exception of Denver).

Happy now?

I am happy but some people did know about FJ before the season started not to toot my own horn or anything. honk honk

Billzz
12-19-2007, 05:17 PM
I understand where OP is coming from. Everyones goal is the same a sb win ,but he will ***** and whine on the way there.

Once we get there, he will find more things to ***** about however.

Impossible to complain once you win that trophy. That means you where better then 31 other teams and accomplished the ultimate goal. I think it is fair to say he might just keel over and die when it happens but that is for another story.

im4bflo
12-19-2007, 07:48 PM
:yap: are you *****es still here? :ignore:

jpdex12
12-19-2007, 08:46 PM

Happy now?

Wasn't so hard was it?

jpdex12
12-19-2007, 08:46 PM
I bet it made you feel all good inside. Kind of tingly!

BADTHINGSMAN
12-19-2007, 08:54 PM
:movie: