PDA

View Full Version : Give him a break! He is our QB!

TheWingHead
12-16-2007, 09:21 PM
I am so sick of this bashing on Trent! He is our QB and he is here to stay! Yes, he played horribly today but he has not played a single down in the snow and all of a sudden he is in a "play-off" game in a blizzard. There is a point that we need to stop bashing and give the kid a break! I am behind Trent 100%, but don't get me wrong I believe he is a big reason we lost today, but that doesn't mean he isn't our QB for the future or that we should draft another QB!

G Wolly
12-16-2007, 09:25 PM
Alright

Thanks

OpIv37
12-16-2007, 09:31 PM
I am so sick of this bashing on Trent! He is our QB and he is here to stay! Yes, he played horribly today but he has not played a single down in the snow and all of a sudden he is in a "play-off" game in a blizzard. There is a point that we need to stop bashing and give the kid a break! I am behind Trent 100%, but don't get me wrong I believe he is a big reason we lost today, but that doesn't mean he isn't our QB for the future or that we should draft another QB!

trent's overall numbers have been paltry. Granted, he's gotten much better results than JP and gotten the wins for the most part, and wins are what counts the most. There are good signs coming from Trent, but he's still far from 100% convincing that he's our QB of the future.

I don't think we should give up on him, but there is enough reason for doubt that we need to bring in a challenger. I'd like to see us pick up a journeyman vet rather than draft someone. But it would be stupid for this FO to proceed without a Plan B at this point.

Mitchy moo
12-16-2007, 09:33 PM
Trent had at least 5 catchable balls dropped.

kinigirly
12-16-2007, 09:34 PM
i'm pretty sure no one on this team gets a break

Jaybird
12-16-2007, 09:35 PM
HE IS A ROOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!

bottom line

stop HATTING

OpIv37
12-16-2007, 09:38 PM
HE IS A ROOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!

bottom line

stop HATTING

you can't be serious.

Everyone on this team is responsible for their play every week, period. Trent was one of many players who was piss-poor today, and he deserves the criticism. If he can't take it, he should go play arena ball where no one cares.

Philagape
12-16-2007, 09:41 PM
In the present, no one is above criticism.

But it takes the absolute lowest extreme on the football IQ scale to give up on him. We're talking chronic vegetative state.

Jaybird
12-16-2007, 09:48 PM
i am very serious

if we bring in another qb to challenge him then we will never win.

Trent is the bills qb... that's it

he wont win or play well every game...... and today he looked like a ROOKIE. He will make mistakes! the play calling didnt help either

OpIv37
12-16-2007, 09:53 PM
i am very serious

if we bring in another qb to challenge him then we will never win.

Trent is the bills qb... that's it

he wont win or play well every game...... and today he looked like a ROOKIE. He will make mistakes! the play calling didnt help either

no, the playcalling didn't help. I definitely agree with that.

But if we're at week 8 or week 10 or week 15 next season and he's still making the same mistakes, then what do we do? He needs someone to push him, and the team needs someone with experience in case he either goes down or just doesn't improve.

Billzz
12-16-2007, 10:07 PM
trent's overall numbers have been paltry. Granted, he's gotten much better results than JP and gotten the wins for the most part, and wins are what counts the most. There are good signs coming from Trent, but he's still far from 100% convincing that he's our QB of the future.

I don't think we should give up on him, but there is enough reason for doubt that we need to bring in a challenger. I'd like to see us pick up a journeyman vet rather than draft someone. But it would be stupid for this FO to proceed without a Plan B at this point.

pal·try (pôltr)
adj. pal·tri·er, pal·tri·est
1. Lacking in importance or worth.
2. Wretched or contemptible.

Too strong of a word for his performances based on the fact you go back and say wins are all that matters. He is 5-2 so you might want to rethink your contradictary statement.

We need a solid #2 QB and yes we need somone to push, teach and just incase he gets hurt a replacement. I agree with your points about somone with experience, journeyman etc. but to be honest TE is the man. That is very obvious to everyone that follows the Bills.

Now the points about you not thinking we should give up on him are completely off base. No one in the front office or coaching staff is thinking anything but getting him ready for 2008.

djjimkelly
12-17-2007, 01:09 AM
from the title of this thread your probably the same type of person who decided

6 year olds soccer games shouldnt keep score becuz some kids cant take fact that they lost lol

SquishDaFish
12-17-2007, 05:23 AM
I was saying the same thing about JP that hes OUR QB! Whomever is the QB just support him and support the damn TEAM! Yes TE was one of the reasons we lost yesterday but equal blame goes to that puke Fairchild

Luisito23
12-17-2007, 06:46 AM

:bf1: :hi5:....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 08:52 AM
pal·try (pôltr)
adj. pal·tri·er, pal·tri·est
1. Lacking in importance or worth.
2. Wretched or contemptible.

Too strong of a word for his performances based on the fact you go back and say wins are all that matters. He is 5-2 so you might want to rethink your contradictary statement.

We need a solid #2 QB and yes we need somone to push, teach and just incase he gets hurt a replacement. I agree with your points about somone with experience, journeyman etc. but to be honest TE is the man. That is very obvious to everyone that follows the Bills.

Now the points about you not thinking we should give up on him are completely off base. No one in the front office or coaching staff is thinking anything but getting him ready for 2008.

the statement isn't contradictory at all. Take out one great game against the Dolphins, and he has 1 TD with 5 INT's and showed a complete inability to sustain drives. His yardage totals aren't any better than Losman's and we're still losing the TOP battle, which is essential to winning.

Again, I'm not saying Trent can't do these things- he's a rookie and he's likely to improve, and he has showing some promise. I'm just saying he hasn't definitively proven that he's the QB of the future yet, and we should be prepared just in case he isn't.

HHURRICANE
12-17-2007, 08:57 AM
I guess nobody actually watched the game yesterday?

The bad conditions effected QB play everywhere in the league.

You people realize that they were playing with a 30 MPH swirling wind? You realize that Anderson had worse numbers with Braylon, Winlsow, and Jurevicious on the field?

Maybe Cleveland should start Quinn because of Anderson's poor performance yesterday.

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 08:59 AM

You people realize that they were playing with a 30 MPH swirling wind? You realize that Anderson had worse numbers with Braylon, Winlsow, and Jurevicious on the field?

Maybe Cleveland should start Quinn because of Anderson's poor performance yesterday.

dude you're responding to something that no one said- no one said Edwards should be benched.

All I said is that we should have a plan B in case we need it, and it's based more than just yesterday.

I don't know why people around her think criticisms apply only to the most recent games. People have short-term memories around here.

Billzz
12-17-2007, 10:54 AM
the statement isn't contradictory at all. Take out one great game against the Dolphins, and he has 1 TD with 5 INT's and showed a complete inability to sustain drives. His yardage totals aren't any better than Losman's and we're still losing the TOP battle, which is essential to winning.

Again, I'm not saying Trent can't do these things- he's a rookie and he's likely to improve, and he has showing some promise. I'm just saying he hasn't definitively proven that he's the QB of the future yet, and we should be prepared just in case he isn't.

Yes it is because now you are throwing out stats after clearly stating all that matters are W and L. Now you continue to contradict yourself further.

I give up you win.

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Yes it is because now you are throwing out stats after clearly stating all that matters are W and L. Now you continue to contradict yourself further.

I give up you win.

The fallacy in your argument is that you assume we can continue to win with those paltry stats. We can't. That was JP's problem- he didn't lose us a lot of games on his own, but when the chips were down, he never won us any games either.

Trent won the Skins game on the last drive, but it was his mediocrity the rest of the game that put us in that position.

At some point we need a QB who can have big games against good teams, and Trent hasn't shown that ability yet. Maybe he can, maybe he can't- but until we know for sure, it would be stupid to rely entirely on him.

You're convinced Trent is the QB of the future but we have no way of knowing that yet. Deal with it.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 11:10 AM
In the present, no one is above criticism.

But it takes the absolute lowest extreme on the football IQ scale to give up on him. We're talking chronic vegetative state.

I agree. It would also be stupid to hand him the job next season. Let him win the job.

DynaPaul
12-17-2007, 12:37 PM
Tom Brady had 0 TD throws yesterday and the conditions in NJ weren't half as bad as in Cleveland. I don't see why people are saying Trent played horrible. He was ok given the weather conditions and plus his receivers were dropping balls all day. Is that his fault too?

Billzz
12-17-2007, 12:42 PM
I agree. It would also be stupid to hand him the job next season. Let him win the job.

DJ has always preached all positions are open for competition. I expect them to bring in somone to compete for the QB spot, why wouldn't they?

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Tom Brady had 0 TD throws yesterday and the conditions in NJ weren't half as bad as in Cleveland. I don't see why people are saying Trent played horrible. He was ok given the weather conditions and plus his receivers were dropping balls all day. Is that his fault too?

he was missing passes left and right- a lot of his passes sailed high.

What Tom Brady did was irrelevant. It's still Trent's job to put his passes where his receivers can catch them. There were some drops (Gaines and Evans stand out) but there were also some brutal misses.

I don't understand this reluctance to hold players accountable. I hear a lot of excuses like "It was the weather!" or "Tom Brady was almost as bad!" but none of that gets us a win.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-17-2007, 01:04 PM
he has not played a single down in the snow
You see, that's the problem. He doesn't and can't play in the snow, as evidenced by not being able to score a single point against the league's worst defense!

May I repeat for emphasis: ZERO POINTS. LEAGUE'S WORST DEFENSE.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-17-2007, 01:05 PM

Tom Brady also won. And you can't win with zero points.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-17-2007, 01:09 PM

Again, the Browns still put up points and they weren't up against the worst defense in the league.

Trent couldn't even get the Bills into field goal range until it was too late.

acehole
12-17-2007, 01:11 PM

Awww poor cold qb...should we get him some hot chocolate?
Now go and tell me a weak arm doesnt mater....go and tell me
when the one trick pony gets his trick taken away he strikes fear
in any D Coordinater heart. You wanted him now you people live with
him. If you cant pass in December in Buffalo you have no business bieng
the qb. Take your gloves off I was yelling at the screen.....what a wussy we
have at the helm.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Awww poor cold qb...should we get him some hot chocolate?
Now go and tell me a weak arm doesnt mater....go and tell me
when the one trick pony gets his trick taken away he strikes fear
in any D Coordinater heart. You wanted him now you people live with
him. If you cant pass in December in Buffalo you have no business bieng
the qb. Take your gloves off I was yelling at the screen.....what a wussy we
have at the helm.
You think Just Pathetic would've done better? Just Pathetic is another California p***y just like Edwards. Neither one is any good. Remember Bills-Titans last year?

He'd have found a way to score less than -2 points.

Billzz
12-17-2007, 01:17 PM
The fallacy in your argument is that you assume we can continue to win with those paltry stats. We can't. That was JP's problem- he didn't lose us a lot of games on his own, but when the chips were down, he never won us any games either.

Trent won the Skins game on the last drive, but it was his mediocrity the rest of the game that put us in that position.

At some point we need a QB who can have big games against good teams, and Trent hasn't shown that ability yet. Maybe he can, maybe he can't- but until we know for sure, it would be stupid to rely entirely on him.

You're convinced Trent is the QB of the future but we have no way of knowing that yet. Deal with it.

You are getting me confused with other posters I think. Where did I state TE was the QB definetly for this team and the future? I, being me, am on the fence. I do feel the FO and other facets of this team feel he is the future. I do like what I have seen up to this point vs JP. Again I think you have posted in too many threads and are getting confused?

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 01:45 PM
You are getting me confused with other posters I think. Where did I state TE was the QB definetly for this team and the future? I, being me, am on the fence. I do feel the FO and other facets of this team feel he is the future. I do like what I have seen up to this point vs JP. Again I think you have posted in too many threads and are getting confused?

yeah, I don't know why I'm arguing with you- we seem to be in agreement on this point. Sorry about that.

the REAL Rudeman
12-17-2007, 02:00 PM
you can't be serious.

Everyone on this team is responsible for their play every week, period. Trent was one of many players who was piss-poor today, and he deserves the criticism. If he can't take it, he should go play arena ball where no one cares.

so when manning was a 3-13 rookie, he should have been booted to the arena league? or how bout when montana was a sophomore in 1980 and the niners went 6-10?

Those guys should have been criticized until they quit... or cut.

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 02:13 PM
so when manning was a 3-13 rookie, he should have been booted to the arena league? or how bout when montana was a sophomore in 1980 and the niners went 6-10?

Those guys should have been criticized until they quit... or cut.

wtf are you talking about?

All I'm saying is that NFL QB's are responsible for their play- and when they play poorly like Trent did on Sunday- they have to be able to take the criticism. And if they can't take the criticism, they're in the wrong business.

I disagree with this asinine notion that Trent should somehow be immune from taking blame when he screws up. Granted, he's a rookie and we can't hold him to the same standard that, say, fans of the Colts or Pats hold Manning or Brady, but we can expect him to be more accurate than what he was on Sunday.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 02:17 PM
DJ has always preached all positions are open for competition. I expect them to bring in somone to compete for the QB spot, why wouldn't they?
I hope you're right .

Philagape
12-17-2007, 02:17 PM
You see, that's the problem. He doesn't and can't play in the snow, as evidenced by not being able to score a single point against the league's worst defense!

May I repeat for emphasis: ZERO POINTS. LEAGUE'S WORST DEFENSE.

A game like that makes rankings irrelevant. Weather is the great equalizer. You think the Pitts-Miami mud game was reflective of how good those teams are? When players can't do what they normally do, then whatever else they've done is meaningless.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 02:19 PM
A game like that makes rankings irrelevant. Weather is the great equalizer. You think the Pitts-Miami mud game was reflective of how good those teams are? When players can't do what they normally do, then whatever else they've done is meaningless.

and the double standards begin.

Okay, how about the jets game? Who won it? Trent? I forgot, Evans won it.

raphael120
12-17-2007, 02:42 PM
****, I would give everyone on the offense a pass this season and last because I'm sorry, but the last playcall was the manifestation of all the gutless bull**** that this coaching staff is.

I'd even be all for bringing JP back with a competant gameplan and competant coaching. Get rid of this coaching staff that I think dampens our talent and bring in someone who can maximize what we have.

You don't think Lynch would be putting up better numebrs on another team??? Evans?

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 02:45 PM
I'd even be all for bringing JP back with a competant gameplan and competant coaching.

BZ would pull a FH and shut down.