X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheWingHead
    • Sep 2003

Give him a break! He is our QB!

I am so sick of this bashing on Trent! He is our QB and he is here to stay! Yes, he played horribly today but he has not played a single down in the snow and all of a sudden he is in a "play-off" game in a blizzard. There is a point that we need to stop bashing and give the kid a break! I am behind Trent 100%, but don't get me wrong I believe he is a big reason we lost today, but that doesn't mean he isn't our QB for the future or that we should draft another QB!
  • G Wolly
    • Mar 2004

Re: Give him a break! He is our QB!

Alright

Thanks

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TheWingHead
      I am so sick of this bashing on Trent! He is our QB and he is here to stay! Yes, he played horribly today but he has not played a single down in the snow and all of a sudden he is in a "play-off" game in a blizzard. There is a point that we need to stop bashing and give the kid a break! I am behind Trent 100%, but don't get me wrong I believe he is a big reason we lost today, but that doesn't mean he isn't our QB for the future or that we should draft another QB!
      trent's overall numbers have been paltry. Granted, he's gotten much better results than JP and gotten the wins for the most part, and wins are what counts the most. There are good signs coming from Trent, but he's still far from 100% convincing that he's our QB of the future.

I don't think we should give up on him, but there is enough reason for doubt that we need to bring in a challenger. I'd like to see us pick up a journeyman vet rather than draft someone. But it would be stupid for this FO to proceed without a Plan B at this point.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Trent had at least 5 catchable balls dropped.

Comment

• kinigirly
          • Sep 2005

i'm pretty sure no one on this team gets a break

Comment

• Jaybird
            • Dec 2005

HE IS A ROOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!

bottom line

stop HATTING

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jaybird
              HE IS A ROOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!

bottom line

stop HATTING
              you can't be serious.

Everyone on this team is responsible for their play every week, period. Trent was one of many players who was piss-poor today, and he deserves the criticism. If he can't take it, he should go play arena ball where no one cares.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

In the present, no one is above criticism.

But it takes the absolute lowest extreme on the football IQ scale to give up on him. We're talking chronic vegetative state.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Jaybird
                  • Dec 2005

i am very serious

if we bring in another qb to challenge him then we will never win.

Trent is the bills qb... that's it

he wont win or play well every game...... and today he looked like a ROOKIE. He will make mistakes! the play calling didnt help either

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jaybird
                    i am very serious

if we bring in another qb to challenge him then we will never win.

Trent is the bills qb... that's it

he wont win or play well every game...... and today he looked like a ROOKIE. He will make mistakes! the play calling didnt help either

no, the playcalling didn't help. I definitely agree with that.

But if we're at week 8 or week 10 or week 15 next season and he's still making the same mistakes, then what do we do? He needs someone to push him, and the team needs someone with experience in case he either goes down or just doesn't improve.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Billzz
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      trent's overall numbers have been paltry. Granted, he's gotten much better results than JP and gotten the wins for the most part, and wins are what counts the most. There are good signs coming from Trent, but he's still far from 100% convincing that he's our QB of the future.

I don't think we should give up on him, but there is enough reason for doubt that we need to bring in a challenger. I'd like to see us pick up a journeyman vet rather than draft someone. But it would be stupid for this FO to proceed without a Plan B at this point.
                      pal·try (pôltr)
                      adj. pal·tri·er, pal·tri·est
                      1. Lacking in importance or worth.
                      2. Wretched or contemptible.

Too strong of a word for his performances based on the fact you go back and say wins are all that matters. He is 5-2 so you might want to rethink your contradictary statement.

We need a solid #2 QB and yes we need somone to push, teach and just incase he gets hurt a replacement. I agree with your points about somone with experience, journeyman etc. but to be honest TE is the man. That is very obvious to everyone that follows the Bills.

Now the points about you not thinking we should give up on him are completely off base. No one in the front office or coaching staff is thinking anything but getting him ready for 2008.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                        • Apr 2003

from the title of this thread your probably the same type of person who decided

6 year olds soccer games shouldnt keep score becuz some kids cant take fact that they lost lol

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

I was saying the same thing about JP that hes OUR QB! Whomever is the QB just support him and support the damn TEAM! Yes TE was one of the reasons we lost yesterday but equal blame goes to that puke Fairchild

Comment

• Luisito23
                            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by TheWingHead

GO BILLS!!!!!!!
                            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Billzz
                              pal·try (pôltr)
                              adj. pal·tri·er, pal·tri·est
                              1. Lacking in importance or worth.
                              2. Wretched or contemptible.

Too strong of a word for his performances based on the fact you go back and say wins are all that matters. He is 5-2 so you might want to rethink your contradictary statement.

We need a solid #2 QB and yes we need somone to push, teach and just incase he gets hurt a replacement. I agree with your points about somone with experience, journeyman etc. but to be honest TE is the man. That is very obvious to everyone that follows the Bills.

Now the points about you not thinking we should give up on him are completely off base. No one in the front office or coaching staff is thinking anything but getting him ready for 2008.
                              the statement isn't contradictory at all. Take out one great game against the Dolphins, and he has 1 TD with 5 INT's and showed a complete inability to sustain drives. His yardage totals aren't any better than Losman's and we're still losing the TOP battle, which is essential to winning.

Again, I'm not saying Trent can't do these things- he's a rookie and he's likely to improve, and he has showing some promise. I'm just saying he hasn't definitively proven that he's the QB of the future yet, and we should be prepared just in case he isn't.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X