For those of you that thinks our QB sucked today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

For those of you that thinks our QB sucked today...

TE
    C/ATTYDSAVGTDINT
    T. Edwards13/331243.800

Anderson
    C/ATTYDSAVGTDINT
    D. Anderson9/241375.700

Get real! Do you think that Browns fans are calling for a new OC or a new QB because of these stats?

Two field goals and a safety from the 8th best offense in the league averaging 27.7 points per game on a day of 30mph winds 20 degree temps and snow. Go find something else more intelligent to ***** about.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: For those of you that thinks our QB sucked today...

sorry but "someone else on another team is just as bad!" is NOT a legitimate excuse for sucking. Trent was one of many players who played poorly today- just accept it and move on.

And as far as calling for a new OC, it goes way beyond this game. Fairchild has been pulling this garbage since he came here.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Tom Brady 14-27 140 0 1
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
        • Jul 2002

The weather sucked today across the board.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          sorry but "someone else on another team is just as bad!" is NOT a legitimate excuse for sucking. Trent was one of many players who played poorly today- just accept it and move on.
          It puts things in perspective.

Comment

• jpdex12
            • Jan 2005

And as far as calling for a new OC, it goes way beyond this game. Fairchild has been pulling this garbage since he came here.
            How about the weather being a factor . No one lit it up today except Lewis but the weather was a major factor. Anderson is just as bad? No one has thrown as many TD's for the Browns sinse Kosar in their hayday. Why don't you quit with the poor statements?

Edited -- RS36
            Last edited by RockStar36; 12-16-2007, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• jpdex12
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
              Tom Brady 14-27 140 0 1
              According to Op Brady sucks then.

Comment

• Billzz
                • Sep 2003

Where did that go, ohhhhhhhhhh there it is

Comment

• Crisis
                  • Aug 2004

the only people trying to spin it are the losman fanboy(s) who didn't post at all during our winning streak with edwards.
                  Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                  Vanek is Austrian not European
                  Originally posted by Prov401
                  Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                  Originally posted by better days
                  I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• G. Host
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billzz
                    That horse is so dead it should either be ground up for dog food / glue or be burned before it becomes a health hazard.

Comment

• poreef
                      • Sep 2007

Numbers can sometimes conceal the truth. 60 of those yards came on the last drive where Trent went 5 for 12. Three passes for 15 or more yards.

Prior to that drive Trent was 8 for 21 with 60 yards where as Anderson was 9/24 with 137. So with roughly same attempts and completions twice the yardage.

That was the difference in the game. Repeated completions for about 10 yards opened up the field for Jamal Lewis so he could continue performing well into the 4th quarter. I remember several 1st downs gained on 1st down passing (GASP!).

We didn't have those kind of completions so eventually they started stuffing Lynch. He ended up with 82 yards on 21 carries, but those came with one 29 yard dash and another 15 yarder. So ignoring a couple broken plays his average was more like 2-3 yards per carry.

Compare that to 163 yards by Lewis with 87 of those yards on carries of less than 10 yards and many more broken plays.

Ignoring the numbers my eyes told me the Browns packed the box pretty much every play from scrimmage. We only tested their man coverage a couple times.

So, Edwards didn't play well but the play calling was atrocious too. Welcome to Colorado, Mr. Fairchild. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Edwards main problem seemed to be adjusting to timing and touch in the snow. He seemed to be rifling passes to points where receivers might be on turf in the fall. So passes sailed on by and when they didn't there were a lot of drops. Some of those drops were because of lack of receiving talent (I'm looking at you Gaines) and some were a combination of cold and a rifled pass just a hair off the mark.

At some point this season I finally lost my hope for Losman because it became clear that he had problems beyond play calling that didn't often try to go more than 20 yards and didn't encourage scrambling/bootlegs/etc.

I'm nowhere near that point with Edwards. His problems in the snow seemed like timing problems and hopefully time will solve them.

If we're not going to make the playoffs I prefer an outcome that highlights deficiencies and this certainly was one.

I blame bad play-calling by experienced staff and bad play due to rookie inexperience.

Box score
                      Drive Summary

Originally posted by jpdex12
                      TE
                      C/ATTYDSAVGTDINT
                      T. Edwards13/331243.800

Anderson
                      C/ATTYDSAVGTDINT
                      D. Anderson9/241375.700

Get real! Do you think that Browns fans are calling for a new OC or a new QB because of these stats?

Two field goals and a safety from the 8th best offense in the league averaging 27.7 points per game on a day of 30mph winds 20 degree temps and snow. Go find something else more intelligent to ***** about.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                        • Mar 2005

Cleo Lemon

23-39
                        315 yards
                        1 TD
                        0 int.

See how meaningless stats can be sometimes

Comment

• jpdex12
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by poreef
                          Numbers can sometimes conceal the truth. 60 of those yards came on the last drive where Trent went 5 for 12. Three passes for 15 or more yards.

Prior to that drive Trent was 8 for 21 with 60 yards where as Anderson was 9/24 with 137. So with roughly same attempts and completions twice the yardage.

That was the difference in the game. Repeated completions for about 10 yards opened up the field for Jamal Lewis so he could continue performing well into the 4th quarter. I remember several 1st downs gained on 1st down passing (GASP!).

We didn't have those kind of completions so eventually they started stuffing Lynch. He ended up with 82 yards on 21 carries, but those came with one 29 yard dash and another 15 yarder. So ignoring a couple broken plays his average was more like 2-3 yards per carry.

Compare that to 163 yards by Lewis with 87 of those yards on carries of less than 10 yards and many more broken plays.

Ignoring the numbers my eyes told me the Browns packed the box pretty much every play from scrimmage. We only tested their man coverage a couple times.

So, Edwards didn't play well but the play calling was atrocious too. Welcome to Colorado, Mr. Fairchild. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Edwards main problem seemed to be adjusting to timing and touch in the snow. He seemed to be rifling passes to points where receivers might be on turf in the fall. So passes sailed on by and when they didn't there were a lot of drops. Some of those drops were because of lack of receiving talent (I'm looking at you Gaines) and some were a combination of cold and a rifled pass just a hair off the mark.

At some point this season I finally lost my hope for Losman because it became clear that he had problems beyond play calling that didn't often try to go more than 20 yards and didn't encourage scrambling/bootlegs/etc.

I'm nowhere near that point with Edwards. His problems in the snow seemed like timing problems and hopefully time will solve them.

If we're not going to make the playoffs I prefer an outcome that highlights deficiencies and this certainly was one.

I blame bad play-calling by experienced staff and bad play due to rookie inexperience.

Box score
                          Drive Summary
                          Don't forget that scewed pass from Anderson to Joe J when the ball bounced out of one WR and into Joe's hands. That was meant for Joe. Meaningless, scewed 30+yard gain by Anderson.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                            Will not tolerate vandalism.
                            • Apr 2006

Brady - W
                            Anderson - W
                            Edwards - 0 points, couldn't even get the team to FG range against the worst defense in the NFL.

The only stat that matters.

(Sorry for beating this dead horse... but so is everyone else)

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

Nobody would be *****ing about Edwards today if we won. If we won 8-0, Trent would be hailed as a King.

I in no way will blame this game on a QB. Blame Fairchild. And if ya want to go to the Defensive side of the ball, put a little blame on Fewell too for having a 10 yard cushion between our DBs and their revievers.

Comment

Working...
                              X