PDA

View Full Version : For those of you that thinks our QB sucked today...

jpdex12
12-16-2007, 09:34 PM
TE
<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD>C/ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>T. Edwards (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10536)</TD><TD>13/33</TD><TD>124</TD><TD>3.8</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Anderson
<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left></TD><TD>C/ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>D. Anderson (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8627)</TD><TD>9/24</TD><TD>137</TD><TD>5.7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Get real! Do you think that Browns fans are calling for a new OC or a new QB because of these stats?

Two field goals and a safety from the 8th best offense in the league averaging 27.7 points per game on a day of 30mph winds 20 degree temps and snow. Go find something else more intelligent to ***** about.

OpIv37
12-16-2007, 09:42 PM
sorry but "someone else on another team is just as bad!" is NOT a legitimate excuse for sucking. Trent was one of many players who played poorly today- just accept it and move on.

And as far as calling for a new OC, it goes way beyond this game. Fairchild has been pulling this garbage since he came here.

Philagape
12-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Tom Brady 14-27 140 0 1

LtBillsFan66
12-16-2007, 10:15 PM
The weather sucked today across the board.

LtBillsFan66
12-16-2007, 10:16 PM
sorry but "someone else on another team is just as bad!" is NOT a legitimate excuse for sucking. Trent was one of many players who played poorly today- just accept it and move on.

It puts things in perspective.

jpdex12
12-16-2007, 10:26 PM

And as far as calling for a new OC, it goes way beyond this game. Fairchild has been pulling this garbage since he came here.
How about the weather being a factor . No one lit it up today except Lewis but the weather was a major factor. Anderson is just as bad? No one has thrown as many TD's for the Browns sinse Kosar in their hayday. Why don't you quit with the poor statements?

Edited -- RS36

jpdex12
12-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Tom Brady 14-27 140 0 1

According to Op Brady sucks then.

Billzz
12-16-2007, 10:35 PM

Where did that go, ohhhhhhhhhh there it is

:deadhorse

Crisis
12-16-2007, 10:35 PM
the only people trying to spin it are the losman fanboy(s) who didn't post at all during our winning streak with edwards.

G. Host
12-16-2007, 10:50 PM
:deadhorse

That horse is so dead it should either be ground up for dog food / glue or be burned before it becomes a health hazard.

poreef
12-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Numbers can sometimes conceal the truth. 60 of those yards came on the last drive where Trent went 5 for 12. Three passes for 15 or more yards.

Prior to that drive Trent was 8 for 21 with 60 yards where as Anderson was 9/24 with 137. So with roughly same attempts and completions twice the yardage.

That was the difference in the game. Repeated completions for about 10 yards opened up the field for Jamal Lewis so he could continue performing well into the 4th quarter. I remember several 1st downs gained on 1st down passing (GASP!).

We didn't have those kind of completions so eventually they started stuffing Lynch. He ended up with 82 yards on 21 carries, but those came with one 29 yard dash and another 15 yarder. So ignoring a couple broken plays his average was more like 2-3 yards per carry.

Compare that to 163 yards by Lewis with 87 of those yards on carries of less than 10 yards and many more broken plays.

Ignoring the numbers my eyes told me the Browns packed the box pretty much every play from scrimmage. We only tested their man coverage a couple times.

So, Edwards didn't play well but the play calling was atrocious too. Welcome to Colorado, Mr. Fairchild. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Edwards main problem seemed to be adjusting to timing and touch in the snow. He seemed to be rifling passes to points where receivers might be on turf in the fall. So passes sailed on by and when they didn't there were a lot of drops. Some of those drops were because of lack of receiving talent (I'm looking at you Gaines) and some were a combination of cold and a rifled pass just a hair off the mark.

At some point this season I finally lost my hope for Losman because it became clear that he had problems beyond play calling that didn't often try to go more than 20 yards and didn't encourage scrambling/bootlegs/etc.

I'm nowhere near that point with Edwards. His problems in the snow seemed like timing problems and hopefully time will solve them.

If we're not going to make the playoffs I prefer an outcome that highlights deficiencies and this certainly was one.

I blame bad play-calling by experienced staff and bad play due to rookie inexperience.

Box score (http://www.scoreboard.msnbc.com/msnbc/main.asp?frames=0&sport=nfl&week=15&GameNum=20071216005&cat=BS)
Drive Summary (http://www.scoreboard.msnbc.com/msnbc/main.asp?frames=0&sport=nfl&week=15&GameNum=20071216005&cat=PP)

TE
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td>C/ATT</td><td>YDS</td><td>AVG</td><td>TD</td><td>INT</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left" nowrap="nowrap">T. Edwards (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10536)</td><td>13/33</td><td>124</td><td>3.8</td><td>0</td><td>0</td></tr></tbody></table>

Anderson
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td align="left"></td><td>C/ATT</td><td>YDS</td><td>AVG</td><td>TD</td><td>INT</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left" nowrap="nowrap">D. Anderson (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8627)</td><td>9/24</td><td>137</td><td>5.7</td><td>0</td><td>0</td></tr></tbody></table>

Get real! Do you think that Browns fans are calling for a new OC or a new QB because of these stats?

Two field goals and a safety from the 8th best offense in the league averaging 27.7 points per game on a day of 30mph winds 20 degree temps and snow. Go find something else more intelligent to ***** about.

LtFinFan66
12-16-2007, 11:40 PM
Cleo Lemon

23-39
315 yards
1 TD
0 int.

See how meaningless stats can be sometimes

jpdex12
12-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Numbers can sometimes conceal the truth. 60 of those yards came on the last drive where Trent went 5 for 12. Three passes for 15 or more yards.

Prior to that drive Trent was 8 for 21 with 60 yards where as Anderson was 9/24 with 137. So with roughly same attempts and completions twice the yardage.

That was the difference in the game. Repeated completions for about 10 yards opened up the field for Jamal Lewis so he could continue performing well into the 4th quarter. I remember several 1st downs gained on 1st down passing (GASP!).

We didn't have those kind of completions so eventually they started stuffing Lynch. He ended up with 82 yards on 21 carries, but those came with one 29 yard dash and another 15 yarder. So ignoring a couple broken plays his average was more like 2-3 yards per carry.

Compare that to 163 yards by Lewis with 87 of those yards on carries of less than 10 yards and many more broken plays.

Ignoring the numbers my eyes told me the Browns packed the box pretty much every play from scrimmage. We only tested their man coverage a couple times.

So, Edwards didn't play well but the play calling was atrocious too. Welcome to Colorado, Mr. Fairchild. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Edwards main problem seemed to be adjusting to timing and touch in the snow. He seemed to be rifling passes to points where receivers might be on turf in the fall. So passes sailed on by and when they didn't there were a lot of drops. Some of those drops were because of lack of receiving talent (I'm looking at you Gaines) and some were a combination of cold and a rifled pass just a hair off the mark.

At some point this season I finally lost my hope for Losman because it became clear that he had problems beyond play calling that didn't often try to go more than 20 yards and didn't encourage scrambling/bootlegs/etc.

I'm nowhere near that point with Edwards. His problems in the snow seemed like timing problems and hopefully time will solve them.

If we're not going to make the playoffs I prefer an outcome that highlights deficiencies and this certainly was one.

I blame bad play-calling by experienced staff and bad play due to rookie inexperience.

Box score (http://www.scoreboard.msnbc.com/msnbc/main.asp?frames=0&sport=nfl&week=15&GameNum=20071216005&cat=BS)
Drive Summary (http://www.scoreboard.msnbc.com/msnbc/main.asp?frames=0&sport=nfl&week=15&GameNum=20071216005&cat=PP)

Don't forget that scewed pass from Anderson to Joe J when the ball bounced out of one WR and into Joe's hands. That was meant for Joe. Meaningless, scewed 30+yard gain by Anderson.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Brady - W
Anderson - W
Edwards - 0 points, couldn't even get the team to FG range against the worst defense in the NFL.

The only stat that matters.

(Sorry for beating this dead horse... but so is everyone else)

jamze132
12-18-2007, 03:14 AM
Nobody would be *****ing about Edwards today if we won. If we won 8-0, Trent would be hailed as a King.

I in no way will blame this game on a QB. Blame Fairchild. And if ya want to go to the Defensive side of the ball, put a little blame on Fewell too for having a 10 yard cushion between our DBs and their revievers.

Mr. Pink
12-18-2007, 03:18 AM
Nobody would be *****ing about Edwards today if we won. If we won 8-0, Trent would be hailed as a King.

I in no way will blame this game on a QB. Blame Fairchild. And if ya want to go to the Defensive side of the ball, put a little blame on Fewell too for having a 10 yard cushion between our DBs and their revievers.

How can you blame Fewell?

DA completed 9 passes for 137 yards...25 or so came off a deflection from Braylon to JJ.

I don't see how anyone on the staff can be blamed for this game anyways, the plan they ran for the game kept the team in the whole game in very adverse conditions.

It's not like the Bills got outcoached, they got outperformed, yes...but mostly the luck/breaks went the Browns way. The safety and field goals.

I still don't know how Dawson made either of those field goals. Me and my buddies sat there literally with our jaws dropped when Dawson hit that 48 yarder.

jamze132
12-18-2007, 06:45 AM
How can you blame Fewell?

DA completed 9 passes for 137 yards...25 or so came off a deflection from Braylon to JJ.

I don't see how anyone on the staff can be blamed for this game anyways, the plan they ran for the game kept the team in the whole game in very adverse conditions.

It's not like the Bills got outcoached, they got outperformed, yes...but mostly the luck/breaks went the Browns way. The safety and field goals.

I still don't know how Dawson made either of those field goals. Me and my buddies sat there literally with our jaws dropped when Dawson hit that 48 yarder.
I am not blaming Fewell or the defense at all, just throwing it out there for the masses who like to *****.

I agree with you. with the exception that we did get outcoached on the offensive side of the ball, much like we have been all freakin' season.

JD
12-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Cleo Lemon

23-39
315 yards
1 TD
0 int.

It was 80 degrees and ****ing sunny

Billzz
12-18-2007, 02:05 PM
It was 80 degrees and ****ing sunny

AND OT with a long run after catch.

yordad
12-18-2007, 03:19 PM
<table><tbody><tr><td class="nameCell">D. Garrard (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0021231) </td> <td>17/33</td> <td>197</td> <td>3</td> <td>1</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table><tbody><tr><td class="nameCell">B. Roethlisberger (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0022924) </td> <td>16/33</td> <td>146</td> <td>3</td> <td>0</td></tr></tbody></table>
19mph winds, snow, 22 wind chill

Philagape
12-18-2007, 03:25 PM
There's not one intelligent person who can say conditions like those in Cleveland don't dramatically impact a passing game. The players said it, not that they needed to. It's another world in a blizzard.

justasportsfan
12-18-2007, 03:38 PM
No one is blamng TE. It's all JP's fault.

hydro
12-18-2007, 03:43 PM
No one is blamng TE. It's all JP's fault.
Now you're getting it! :up:

justasportsfan
12-18-2007, 03:44 PM
Now you're getting it! :up:

You know Trent fans were dying to say it, had to say it for them :D

acehole
12-18-2007, 05:58 PM
And the excuses continue......

TE
<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD>C/ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>T. Edwards (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10536)</TD><TD>13/33</TD><TD>124</TD><TD>3.8</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Anderson
<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left></TD><TD>C/ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>D. Anderson (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8627)</TD><TD>9/24</TD><TD>137</TD><TD>5.7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

jpdex12
12-18-2007, 11:33 PM
There's not one intelligent person who can say conditions like those in Cleveland don't dramatically impact a passing game. The players said it, not that they needed to. It's another world in a blizzard.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be too many intelligent people posting that understand this Phil. I am starting to wonder about the brain power of some of the folks on this site. Obviously they have never played football before in this type of weather. It's like running in mud or trying to catch a wet, frozen football is supposed to be easy.

jpdex12
12-18-2007, 11:34 PM
And the excuses continue......

I detailed my post with stats. What excuses are you speaking of and what details are you ready to discuss?

HHURRICANE
12-19-2007, 07:11 AM
Cleo Lemon

23-39
315 yards
1 TD
0 int.

Not the same conditions but I'm glad you guys won!

jpdex12
12-19-2007, 08:48 AM

Yeah, especially against Willis! Thought you said Baltimore was a better team Willis? Clueless fu**er. I bet he even failed his underwater basket weaving class at Da U!

justasportsfan
12-19-2007, 01:07 PM

Are you a bills fan?

justasportsfan
12-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be too many intelligent people posting that understand this Phil. IMajority of the posters agree with Phil so I don't know what you are talking about.

jpdex12
12-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Majority of the posters agree with Phil so I don't know what you are talking about.

REad the posts. There are a bunch of people complaining about how TE sucked it up and should have played better. He could havce played better but the weather was a big factor why the passing game sucked for both teams.

justasportsfan
12-19-2007, 01:53 PM
REad the posts. There are a bunch of people complaining about how TE sucked it up and should have played better. He could havce played better but the weather was a big factor why the passing game sucked for both teams.
I did. I thought you were talking about BZ. Didn't realize you were pertaining to just this thread.