PDA

View Full Version : My Bills/Browns Game Observations

Pride
12-17-2007, 07:30 AM
Just venting... feel free to comment.

(In no particular order)
1. Trent needed to lose the gloves at half-time. I can't believe one of his receivers didn't demand that he remove them. His throwing high is a direct result of how you have to hold onto the football when wearing gloves. When you wear gloves, your hand tends to sit further back on the football, causing the nose of the ball to point slightly higher, and in turn, causing the ball to "sail" on you.

2. Digi has regressed as a starting MLB since the beginning of the season. He has lost his fundamentals. Often, he wis trying to shed blockers with the wrong shoulder, causing himself to be taken out of the hole that he was supposed to plug.

3. One of the first things they teach you in Pee-Wee football is that when you attempt to tackle a RB, especially a large RB like Lewis, you have to take out his legs, not try to shoulder or waist tackle him.

4. Melvin Fowler has to go. Clevelands MLB #54 ate him up all day long.

5. Let Fairchild walk now... Yesterday was a microcosm of his ineptitude at calling an offense. He didn't use any plays to set up other plays. When playing in poor conditions, the primary playcalling you should be using are change of direction plays. The offense has a distinct advantage in slippery conditions, because they know where they are going whereas the defenders have to react and respond. Screens, Counter-Trays, and crossing patterns should have been called all day, and only 1 screen (up until the last play of the game) was called effectively.

6. Marshawn Lynch is no better than Fred Jackson. I like them both.

7. I thought the cleveland field crew did a piss poor job at managing the snow. I understand that they play on grass, making it harder to clean off, but the crew didnt seem prepared for the snow, having only a handful of guys with leaf blowers on hand.

8. Lee Evans should NOT be given huge money. Offer him a B contract, somewhere along the lines of Reggie Wayne. He is NOT a top 10 WR in this league, and he should not be paid as such.

9. I like the way the Kyle Williams is playing

10. Moorman's punts were horrible

mybills
12-17-2007, 08:06 AM
1,5,7 :bf1:
I couldn't see the game for most of the 1st half...stupid 8'x10' projection tv + snow is not a good combo. :mad:
Did anyone NOT drop the damn ball??? Seriously! (see above)

Billzz
12-17-2007, 08:15 AM
I couldn't see the game for most of the 1st half...stupid 8'x10' projection tv + snow is not a good combo. :mad:

Maybe they should of taken the gloves off too:horsecrap

Kerr
12-17-2007, 08:16 AM

I think Braylon Edwarsd caught all of them. Bastard.

Elminster
12-17-2007, 08:19 AM
Maybe if Trent Edwards could hit them on target. I'm sure if Royal, Gaines, and everyone else had a GOOD QB, they'd be pro-bowlers. Everything is always the QB's fault. Which is why we should trade for Peyton Manning this off-season /end sarcasm

Seriously, we need some serious investment in receivers this off-season. And our entire team needs to work on fundamentals. The regression of a number of our players is very disturbing to me as well, which makes me think we need to shake up our coaching staff more than just replacing Fairchild. Oh, and we definitely need to cut Melvin Fowler. He sucks.

Oh, and Lee doesn't deserve an extension at this point, IMO.

mybills
12-17-2007, 08:24 AM
I hated seeing gloves on Trent. :down: I do think it effected his throwing just as much as the weather did. The receivers usually wear them. They're usually able to catch the ball with them, though. :cynic: So, did any of them not drop any? Or did they all drop at least one?

mybills
12-17-2007, 08:25 AM
I think Braylon Edwarsd caught all of them. Bastard.
:rofl:

dannyek71
12-17-2007, 08:52 AM
I will agree that Fowler is not a top tier C by any. However, I think that others missed the blocks that allowed 54 to get penetration all game.

We have missed not having a big WR all season long, esp yesterday. Next year.

I watched the NY/WASH game last night, and I couldnt help to notice how the Moss brothers played and were used. Why cant Roscoe play the same way?

WR1: Big WR
WR2: Evans
WR3: Reed
WR4: Roscoe

Kerr
12-17-2007, 08:54 AM
54 is Andra Davis. I don't know, I usually don't watch browns games, but this was proabably the best game of his career.