PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm Kelly

mysticsoto
12-17-2007, 07:50 AM
DB, this one's for you. Looks like Kelly isn't sure if he wants or is ready for the NFL...

Oklahoma receiver mulls entering draft

Oklahoma wide receiver Malcolm Kelly said people are too quick to assume he'll enter next year's NFL Draft and forgo his senior season.

"I don't know why everybody thinks I'm just leaving," Kelly said after practice Thursday. "That's definitely not the case. I've got a lot of stuff to weigh."
Kelly and most of OU's deep and talented junior class, including linebacker Curtis Lofton and guard Duke Robinson, have filled out NFL draft evaluation forms.

Several early mock NFL drafts predict Kelly would go in the late first round.
"It's more tricky than just leaving because they say you'll be picked in the first round," Kelly said. "There are a lot of things to consider. People may tell you you're one of the top four receivers, but there may be only one team in the draft that really needs a receiver.

"You have to look at if there's any way you can improve and if there is, you have to come back. There are a lot of things I can be better at -- being more physical blocking, route running, getting in and out of my breaks."

The 6-foot-4-inch junior has excellent hands, better-than-average speed and quickness and exceptional leaping ability. But he described his talent as "raw."

http://www.star-telegram.com/college_sports/story/361656.html

Night Train
12-17-2007, 08:00 AM
I've seen Draft Coundtown and a couple other sites slotting him for us. I'll leave it up to the scouts.

He does have great hands but like most college players,he rounds off his routes. Nice to see some humility on his part. That's very refreshing and will only help him when he talks to the NFL people.

DraftBoy
12-17-2007, 08:21 AM
Yea he's by no means a sure entry, but I think that the committee will give him a top 20 or so rating and he'll likely leave early.