PDA

View Full Version : Moronic Threads Today

HAMMER
12-17-2007, 08:29 AM
People are just witch hunting Edwards and Fairchild in here. We clearly lost the game at the LOS, nothing more, nothing less. They pushed us around, J. Lewis ran the ball down our throats for 163 yards. Our o-line got blown up by run blitzing LB's all day. But because Edwards missed a few throws in horrendous winds he is not the answer and our FO should be making plans to draft a QB? Seriously folks, get a grip, we were manhandled, this loss is not on TE. I find it amazing that there were no turnovers in this game.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-17-2007, 08:35 AM
we are what we are... 7-7 team with no playoffs. Fans *****, coaches suck, players make millions to be average.

Go to ANY fan site on the net (except NE) and you will see a mirror of Billszone.

Who Cares.

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 08:37 AM
People are just witch hunting Edwards and Fairchild in here. We clearly lost the game at the LOS, nothing more, nothing less. They pushed us around, J. Lewis ran the ball down our throats for 163 yards. Our o-line got blown up by run blitzing LB's all day. But because Edwards missed a few throws in horrendous winds he is not the answer and our FO should be making plans to draft a QB? Seriously folks, get a grip, we were manhandled, this loss is not on TE. I find it amazing that there were no turnovers in this game.

why do people think the Fairchild criticism is JUST about this game? Fairchild's been making awful play calls for his entire tenure here, and yesterday was just one of many examples. He blew it yesterday just like he's done pretty much every other game. Good riddance.

ddaryl
12-17-2007, 08:41 AM
par for the course on this board. Billszone has always been ***** 1st, think rationally 2nd.

considering the amount of players who have been put on season IR, the experience we traded, released or lost in FA, going 8-8 is a heluva accomplishment.

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 09:11 AM
par for the course on this board. Billszone has always been ***** 1st, think rationally 2nd.

considering the amount of players who have been put on season IR, the experience we traded, released or lost in FA, going 8-8 is a heluva accomplishment.

I see... we can't expect the same results that other NFL teams expect. We should just be proud to get to 8-8. The Super Bowl or making the playoffs? No, we can't be judged by those standards. We should be happy for making .500.

That's just sad, man.

alohabillsfan
12-17-2007, 09:53 AM
I see... we can't expect the same results that other NFL teams expect. We should just be proud to get to 8-8. The Super Bowl or making the playoffs? No, we can't be judged by those standards. We should be happy for making .500.

That's just sad, man.

There are alot of teams that are worse, I truly believe we are getting better.

Marv is 1 FA and draft away~ "next year" :candle:

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 10:01 AM
There are alot of teams that are worse, I truly believe we are getting better.

Marv is 1 FA and draft away~ "next year" :candle:

I can buy the "we're getting better" logic- I'm hesitant because of the number of times we've failed to improve in the past, but there is some reasoning and evidence to suggest that this team is getting better.

I can't buy supposed "fans" being "proud" of failing to reach the playoffs for 8 straight years, a .500 record, choking in the Dallas game, choking in the Denver game, choking in the Cleveland game, etc... we didn't overachieve. We were a handful of plays from making something happen this season and we blew it when it counted most. That's something that should invoke feelings of frustration from people who want this team to win- not feelings of pride.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 10:05 AM

Our season is over. I think these threads are warranted unlike those threads that were *****ing after a win. Those were plain stupid.

eyedog
12-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Since we lost the game at the LOS, which I agree with, along with the piss poor coaching again, do you think it's possible to draft some big d-lineman and a center so we don't continue to get our heads kicked in next year.
Wide receivers and safeties are nice but they will never win until the can control the los.

eyedog
12-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Since we lost the game at the LOS, which I agree with, along with the piss poor coaching again, do you think it's possible to draft some big d-lineman and a center so we don't continue to get our heads kicked in next year.
Wide receivers and safeties are nice but they will never win until the can control the los.

TedMock
12-17-2007, 10:26 AM
I can buy the "we're getting better" logic- I'm hesitant because of the number of times we've failed to improve in the past, but there is some reasoning and evidence to suggest that this team is getting better.

I can't buy supposed "fans" being "proud" of failing to reach the playoffs for 8 straight years, a .500 record, choking in the Dallas game, choking in the Denver game, choking in the Cleveland game, etc... we didn't overachieve. We were a handful of plays from making something happen this season and we blew it when it counted most. That's something that should invoke feelings of frustration from people who want this team to win- not feelings of pride.

Your logic here makes sense and I understand your feeling this way. I will go on record as saying that I am both frustrated and proud. Most people didn't pick us to win 7 games at the beginning of the year. That was before the injuries and before the QB shuffle. I don't think this team necessarily overachieved, but I feel that they played to their ability on most days. That says a lot for Jauron whether we like him or not. The coordinators call the plays and a good head coach has to let them do their jobs even when things are going bad. The head coach has to have the team ready to play. I think people are on different pages with this particular phrase. "Ready to play" doesn't mean ready to out-execute. That's the job of the coordinators. Put them in positions to succeed. What I mean is effort. Belief in one another. Like him or not, the players would run through a brick wall for Jauron and for eachother. You can see it with team. It's been a long time since we've seen consistant effort like that all year. That doesn't automatically equal success as we know, but we're certainly on a better path than we have been. Next year is year 3 of the new regime. That's all I personally ever asked for. Give them a fair shake. 3 years. We've re-built. Like it or not, it takes time. If we're not respected by then, I have no problem with going in another direction. Of course then we can't expect the next regime to implement a new system, get their guys, etc and make it work all of a sudden. That will take time too.

Edwards struggled yesterday. So did Anderson. Both teams had drops yesterday, but we had more. The differences in that part of the game were two-fold. Cleveland had balls, we didn't when it came to playcalling and Cleveland's receivers made a few big, timely catches. Ours didn't. In weather like that you're going to have drops and your QB isn't going to have a high completion percentage. It is what it is. However, you have to have some marbles. Cleveland, who sucks against the run was able to stack the box because we barely threatened to throw for most of the game. Edwards absolutely struggled with some passes, but we have to throw medium range passes to loosen the defense. We didn't. A couple of deep attempts and a bunch of dump-offs doesn't get the job done. No guts on Fairchild's part. Throw a 7-15 pass every now and then. They were open. Godd riddence as far as I'm concerned. I even gave him props last week for finally taking chances at the right time, etc. Pi$$ on him.

I still think Lee Evans is legit. Of course we need a big WR and a TE to complete this offense. I like Josh Reed as the #3. I think he's proven to be valuable this year. Roscoe is a nice 4th WR and excellent punt returner. We don't have a legit #2 and we've all been saying that all year. Steve Smith isn't having as explosive a year as he has in recent years. He's got a lot of catches, but for short yardage. Why? Maybe no Keyshawn, or Muhammad before him, to not only take pressure off him, but to be the big WR to go up for grabs in the middle, in the red zone, and in bad weather. Of course, a nice TE will always be of value to a QB.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-17-2007, 10:45 AM
There are alot of teams that are worse:candle:

Not consistently.

Only Arizona has missed the playoffs longer than Buffalo has.

eyedog
12-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Not consistently.

Only Arizona has missed the playoffs longer than Buffalo has.

SSSSHHHHH. Your not supposed to talk about that elephant standing in the corner.

madness
12-17-2007, 01:19 PM
How about those Saints and Jets? Are we still holding them as examples on how you can turn it around in a year? :snicker:

LtBillsFan66
12-17-2007, 01:29 PM

:bf1:

I think the same. Actually it's about 5 or so morons who post excessively that's making the whole board look bad.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 01:30 PM
making the whole board look bad.

YOu really shouldn't be talking. Ask the Mods.

LtBillsFan66
12-17-2007, 01:31 PM
YOu really shouldn't be talking. Ask the Mods.

The mods are experts?

Johnny Bugmenot
12-17-2007, 01:35 PM
The mods are experts?

You run this board?

Funny, I didn't see an admin or mod tag...

LtBillsFan66
12-17-2007, 01:37 PM
You run this board?

Funny, I didn't see an admin or mod tag...

Huh? Stupid post.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 01:51 PM
The mods are experts?

I was talking about ruining the boards. Although I thought you were funny, you're guilty .

HAMMER
12-17-2007, 06:09 PM
why do people think the Fairchild criticism is JUST about this game? Fairchild's been making awful play calls for his entire tenure here, and yesterday was just one of many examples. He blew it yesterday just like he's done pretty much every other game. Good riddance.

I'm not backing Fairchild, I'm speaking more to the people (yourself included) doubting TE because he missed throws in a blizzard. TE has looked very good for a rookie, fairly decisive, poised, mostly very accurate, quick release. He is our QB of the future, there is no one at OBD doubting that. Just the message board "GM's" that criticize every move, play, and transaction. We know what you think, how you feel, can you please give us a break from your incessant complaining? Please?

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm not backing Fairchild, I'm speaking more to the people (yourself included) doubting TE because he missed throws in a blizzard. TE has looked very good for a rookie, fairly decisive, poised, mostly very accurate, quick release. He is our QB of the future, there is no one at OBD doubting that. Just the message board "GM's" that criticize every move, play, and transaction. We know what you think, how you feel, can you please give us a break from your incessant complaining? Please?

TRENT HAD A HORRIBLE GAME. DEAL WITH IT.

In 7 starts, Trent had one good game, against the Dolphins, and a bunch of mediocre games. To be fair, he's a rookie, working with a horrible OC and limited talent around him. But he hasn't exactly torn it up. He has potential, but as we've seen in the past with Todd Collins, Rob Johnson, JP Losman, etc, QB's don't always reach potential.

I never said we should cut Trent or bench him- I just said we should bring in an experienced vet to push him and provide depth in case he goes down or just plain sucks.

And how do you know if OBD is doubting it or not? Where's your inside source? You say I'm a "message board GM" but you're claiming inside knowledge that there is no way you could possibly have.

As far as the incessant complaining, it will stop when we win and not a moment sooner. Frankly, I'm sick of the incessant excuses from supposed "fans" who claim they want this team to win but defend everything about the team that's keeping us from winning.

hydro
12-17-2007, 06:41 PM
As far as the incessant complaining, it will stop when we win and not a moment sooner. Frankly, I'm sick of the incessant excuses from supposed "fans" who claim they want this team to win but defend everything about the team that's keeping us from winning.

Haven't heard you say this before. :confused: Please continue reminding us of this daily. :up:

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Haven't heard you say this before. :confused: Please continue reminding us of this daily. :up:

I'll stop reminding people that they do it when they stop doing it.

PECKERWOOD
12-17-2007, 06:58 PM
DAMMIT! I WAS DRUNK WHEN I MADE ALL THOSE THREADS HAMMER!

scott51
12-17-2007, 09:53 PM
TRENT HAD A HORRIBLE GAME. DEAL WITH IT.

In 7 starts, Trent had one good game, against the Dolphins, and a bunch of mediocre games. To be fair, he's a rookie, working with a horrible OC and limited talent around him. But he hasn't exactly torn it up. He has potential, but as we've seen in the past with Todd Collins, Rob Johnson, JP Losman, etc, QB's don't always reach potential.

I never said we should cut Trent or bench him- I just said we should bring in an experienced vet to push him and provide depth in case he goes down or just plain sucks.

And how do you know if OBD is doubting it or not? Where's your inside source? You say I'm a "message board GM" but you're claiming inside knowledge that there is no way you could possibly have.

I love how you are such an expert on what a fan is! I was wondering what exactly made you such an expert? I mean let me guess this straight, if a fan is happy about successes in his favorite team (Trent, Marshawn, Poz...) and choses to not DWELL on whats wrong then that isn't a fan. Okay, well I guess I'm not a fan either. Actually, I have a better idea, stop using referring to supposed fans. Damn, this place is really getting pathetic, okay, so someone choses to focus on the positive, ya know what good for them. GO BILLS! (or can't I say "GO BILLS!" either until they win again?)

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 10:59 PM
I love how you are such an expert on what a fan is! I was wondering what exactly made you such an expert? I mean let me guess this straight, if a fan is happy about successes in his favorite team (Trent, Marshawn, Poz...) and choses to not DWELL on whats wrong then that isn't a fan. Okay, well I guess I'm not a fan either. Actually, I have a better idea, stop using referring to supposed fans. Damn, this place is really getting pathetic, okay, so someone choses to focus on the positive, ya know what good for them. GO BILLS! (or can't I say "GO BILLS!" either until they win again?)

Did we win? No.
did we make the playoffs? No.

So there are no successes. The so-called positive didn't accomplish the goal. So consider me less than impressed.

You can keep being impressed by "positives." I'll be impressed by results.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-17-2007, 11:32 PM
(or can't I say "GO BILLS!" either until they win again?)Why must you endorse failure and belittle those who demand success?

jamze132
12-18-2007, 02:55 AM
I guess success and mediocrity are in the eye of the beholder and go hand in hand?

Not for me!