PDA

View Full Version : Second to last drive......

Bills Juggernaut
12-17-2007, 08:44 AM
The more I think about it, the more disgusted I feel about the most chicken ***** play call I've ever seen. I can't comprehend how a coach in the NFL can call a play like this with so much on the line. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
It's the second to last possession of the game for the Bills. Let's look at it again.<o:p></o:p>
-It's third and eight. You need a pass play here. Let's face reality; picking up big yards on a run play is a long shot. <o:p></o:p>
-There is 7:00 minutes left in the game and we are down by 8 points. I'm thinking worse case scenario here. Only 7 minutes left, a couple of first downs by the Browns (who have run the ball well against our D) and that only leaves us maybe one possession with little time and no time outs. Being behind by 8 points, even if we score a TD, I have to plan it worst case (failing on 2 point conversion), I need at least two possessions.<o:p></o:p>
We're at midfield. It's the best starting field position we've had all game. Even if we take a sack, we will still be giving them the ball back inside their own 20. <o:p></o:p>
We just missed a huge play with the dropped pass by Gaines. This showed that the right pass play call is possible in these conditions. You have to have some trust in your players to make a play when you give them an opportunity with the right play call.<o:p></o:p>
An incomplete pass at least stops the clock, which is your biggest enemy right now. <o:p></o:p>
We are averaging 3.4 yards a carry and haven't run the ball good all second half.<o:p></o:p>
Your whole season hinges on this game.<o:p></o:p>
I don't understand how anyone can defend running the ball in that situation. Horrendous play call from Fairchild, and horrendous decision by Dick not to step in and override his OC. <o:p></o:p>
I can't for the life of me figure out the strategic thinking there that would justify giving up and running the ball in that situation. I just can't. <o:p></o:p>
I'm not even going to go into the 4th down call at the end of the game…………….<o:p></o:p>
You want to know why this team will never be a winner under Coach Dick? It's because of the horrible game day decision he and his staff make week after week. <o:p></o:p>

Bills Juggernaut
12-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Am I the only one who feels this way?

eyedog
12-17-2007, 09:44 AM
i'VE BEEN SAYING THE SAME THING SINCE THEY HIRED THIS LOSER AND HIS LOSER COACHES.

Kerr
12-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Both are to blame, but fairchild just plain sucks. I want to know if Dick knows what offensive calls are going through before they reach the qb or does he free fairchild's leash and let him handle it?

You do have to give dick some credit though for holding this team together after so many injuries. I know that's no consolation, but he succeeded where many other coaches before him may have failed such as Parcells and Cowher.

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Fairchild is good riddance.

Jauron's game day decisions are definitely suspect. He's usually good at having the team prepared, but he even fails in that regard sometimes: the two Pats games and the first Fins game come immediately to mind.

As far as his staff, Fairchild leaving gives Jauron a second chance. He needs to do one or both of the following things:
1. Find someone better who will make smarter play calls
2. Reign in his new OC if he pulls the same garbage that Fairchild pulled.

If Jauron fails to improve the offensive playcalling, maybe he needs to go too.

eyedog
12-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Did Jauron just get compared to Parcells and Cowher ?

eyedog
12-17-2007, 10:14 AM
And he damn will better know what play is being called beforehand,

But since were talking about this staff, nothing would suprise me.

Kerr
12-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Did Jauron just get compared to Parcells and Cowher ?

No you just read wrong. :rolleyes:

eyedog
12-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Thats good.

mush69
12-17-2007, 10:19 AM
I literally pulled my hair out on some of these play calls! The reverse?

I can't wait for Fairchild to be gone, Hopefully his replacement isn't as narrow minded with the playbook.