• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Way to Go Bills Fans

Its good to see a large majority of us are on the same page.

ThreadDatePosted ByComment
    Im Proud of the Bills12-17-2007 10:24 AMBucketsThanked Post
    Top 10 Moments in Bills...12-17-2007 10:06 AMDraftBoyAnother good idea ~DB
    i have to point...12-17-2007 08:20 AMjmb1099Thanked Post
    Im Proud of the Bills12-17-2007 05:44 AMBillsologyThanked Post
    Im Proud of the Bills12-17-2007 05:05 AMFunTimesYaY!Thanked Post
    Im Proud of the Bills12-17-2007 12:15 AMim4bfloThanked Post
    Im Proud of the Bills12-16-2007 10:43 PMjpdex12Thanked Post
    Im Proud of the Bills12-16-2007 08:56 PM83evansThanked Post
    Im Proud of the Bills12-16-2007 08:43 PMhammerbillsfanThanked Post
    Im Proud of the Bills12-16-2007 08:42 PMhammerbillsfanThanked Post
    Im Proud of the Bills12-16-2007 08:38 PMcocamideGreat post! Still sucks the Fins won. ~cocamide
    Im Proud of the Bills12-16-2007 08:06 PMjmb1099Thanked Post
    Im Proud of the Bills12-16-2007 07:15 PMshelbyThanked Post
    Im Proud of the Bills12-16-2007 06:32 PMNorthCarBillsThanked Post
    Im Proud of the Bills12-16-2007 06:03 PMnjsueThanked Post
    Im Proud of the Bills12-16-2007 06:03 PMnjsueHopefully it will be the CHEATRIOTS DOOR. ***njsue
    Im Proud of the Bills12-16-2007 05:51 PMTinboyThanked Post
    Im Proud of the Bills12-16-2007 05:36 PMYardRatThanked Post
    Im Proud of the Bills12-16-2007 05:33 PMDevinThanked Post
    Im Proud of the Bills12-16-2007 05:33 PMDevinThanked Post
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Way to Go Bills Fans

This season was a handful of plays from being something special and we choked when it counted the most: Denver, Dallas, Cleveland, Jacksonville. Pride is the last thing we should be feeling.

if a .500 record with no playoffs is an accomplishment and something to be proud of, we're truly defeatists because we're holding this team to an embarrassingly low standard.

Fans should want the team to WIN- we shouldn't be proud of mediocrity.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37

if a .500 record with no playoffs is an accomplishment and something to be proud of, we're truly defeatists because we're holding this team to an embarrassingly low standard.
      dude, we were one injury away from lining you up at cornerback.
      we over achieved and 90% of the board feels that way.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
        dude, we were one injury away from lining you up at cornerback.
        we over achieved and 90% of the board feels that way.
        Well, 90% of the board has accepted mediocrity for this team.

The goal is to win games, make the playoffs and win the Super Bowl. Granted, only one team wins the SB every year so that's not a reasonable expectation, but this team has been rebuilding for so long that it's not unreasonable to expect wins at this point.

We sit here and blame youth and injuries and coaching/FO turnover to say "we overachieved in spite of x, y and z" but we still ridiculously underachieved when it comes to the overall goal.

Enough excuses. Get the job done. Hold this team to the same standard that we hold other teams. If NE was 7-7 after the season they had last year, we'd be laughing at their asses regardless of injuries or anything else. But when we're 7-7 we spin it as an overachievement? That's just ridiculous.

Yesterday we got SHUT OUT in the biggest game since at least 2004, and today you're talking about overachieving. This team failed to show up at the most crucial moments this season, and it's extremely frustrating that all we've managed to do is beat up on weak teams only to fail when it means the most. And to add insult to injury, so-called "fans" are talking about how good this season was when we just had yet another miserable failure. It defies logic.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

even tho op is overly negative and i am reasonably proud with the way this team stayed competitive under extremely difficult conditions, you must never ever resort to the most people argument
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• alohabillsfan
            • Sep 2003

90% Loyal, devoted Fans
            10% Spoiled brats

Comment

• SpillerThrills
              • Oct 2005

so OP when are you gonna try out for the team and make them so much better??? we as fans can only do so much.... but the biggest thing we can do is SUPPORT the team! we are just a couple of plays and a few key injuries away from being a playoff team. am I tired of missing the playoffs and saying "well theirs always next year"? ofcourse I am, I think we all are.... but I guess some people just don't understand that.
              2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
              2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
              2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
              2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

• Luisito23
                Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                • Apr 2003

I'm proud of the Bills also, I just didn't feel like thanking or repping you........

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!
                "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Can you stop saying we accept mediocrity?

That is stupid and you are smarter than that. It makes you sound like a jackass.

There is a big difference between accepting improvement and overachieving than accepting mediocrity.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• hydro
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter

That is stupid and you are smarter than that. It makes you sound like a jackass.

There is a big difference between accepting improvement and overachieving than accepting mediocrity.
                    Thats ignorant!
                    /Op
                    BERNIAC!

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

The biggest problem with the world today is the expectation of instant gratification.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jerhwt
                        so OP when are you gonna try out for the team and make them so much better??? we as fans can only do so much.... but the biggest thing we can do is SUPPORT the team! we are just a couple of plays and a few key injuries away from being a playoff team. am I tired of missing the playoffs and saying "well theirs always next year"? ofcourse I am, I think we all are.... but I guess some people just don't understand that.
                        What exactly does it mean to "support" the team? I watch every second of every Bills game even though I have to pay a fortune to DirecTV for Sunday Ticket. I went to two games this year- one home game even though I live 450 miles away (give or take). My whole basement is decked out with Bills merch and I have tons of Bills clothing.

I think the problem is this: this team has underachieved for years. We can have this debate all day about whether or not we "overachieved for the conditions" this season, but at the end of the day we're out of the playoffs and 7 games behind the division leader. SEVEN GAMES in a 16 game season. There's a reason for that. Certain players and coaches aren't performing at a high level- they're either not putting in the effort or they're not good enough. Defending those players isn't "supporting the team". Many people here don't seem to understand that. "Supporting the team" doesn't mean supporting every player or coach associated with the team- it means supporting whatever will help the team win and criticizing anyone who is contributing to losses.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter

we're 7-7. We didn't beat a single winning team all season. We choked in our 3 biggest games- Dallas, Cleveland and the night game against NE. We're out of the playoffs. And we're 7 games behind the division leader.

But we somehow "overachieved"? That means we're holding this team to a very low standard. We're not holding them to overall wins and losses or making the playoffs. Simply getting to .500 is considered an accomplishment now? We're supposed to be "proud" of that?

That's why I'm saying that some of you are accepting mediocrity. We're middle of the pack at best and people are using terms like "proud" and "overachieved."

Why can't we hold this team to real NFL standards? Wins and losses, upsets, wins over good teams, making the playoffs? No, we can't do that. We have to flirt with .500 then talk about how it was an accomplishment just to get there. How is that NOT accepting mediocrity?
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                            Thats ignorant!
                            /Op
                            I've never said anyone was ignorant without also explaining why they're ignorant.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                              The biggest problem with the world today is the expectation of instant gratification.
                              8 years, no playoffs.

Yeah, real "instant".
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X