PDA

View Full Version : Some of you cats need to chill

Patrick76777
12-17-2007, 10:20 AM
I know that in sports, we need to find someone to blame after every loss, but what we played in yesterday tossed everything out the window.

I was there, I lived thru it first hand. To blame that loss on any one person is ludicrous.

The weather was awful.

On the radio this morning they were complaining that we only opened it up on the last drive. Well if you were there, you realized that it only cleared up with 5 minutes left in the game.

This game had 3-0 written all over it. And it probably should have been that way, except that the Browns got all the bounces.

First FG, they get that crazy bounce into Joe J’s hands for a big gain to get them in FG range.

The Safety could have happened to either team in those conditions.

And the last FG, the storm stopped for 2 minutes right before the kick.

How do you defend those things?

If this game is played on a clear day, it’s a totally different game, maybe we win, maybe we don’t, but it’s not 8-0!

Whichever team got some breaks (lucky bounces, high snaps and 2 minute breaks in the weather right before a big kick) was going to win this game. We just didn’t get those breaks.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 10:23 AM
You're making excuses for the bills. So why were the Browns able to score under the same conditions?

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 10:23 AM
you're blaming the loss on lucky bounces?

The way I see it, most of our team underperformed: Fairchild, Edwards, Evans, Gaines, Royal, Whitner, Ellison, DiGiorgio, arguably McGee, Moorman, Parrish.

You can't blame the loss on the conditions because they had to play in the conditions too.

I agree that we can't blame the loss on any one person, but I think a good portion of this team underperformed and they need to be held accountable for that- we can't just pass it off as conditions and lucky bounces.

Romes
12-17-2007, 10:24 AM
exactly. the bills got no breaks, it also seemed like the weather cleared up during the second field goal and was worst during the botched punt. luck had a lot to do with yesterdays outcome.

Patrick76777
12-17-2007, 10:24 AM
You're making excuses for the bills. So why were the Browns able to score under the same conditions?

did you read my post? I clearly stated that the Browns got the breaks. I won't repeat myself.

THATHURMANATOR
12-17-2007, 10:25 AM

No weather Op. Please re read.

THATHURMANATOR
12-17-2007, 10:25 AM
He explained that Justa.

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 10:26 AM
No weather Op. Please re read.

oh right- you mean the EXACT SAME WEATHER THAT THE TEAM THAT BEAT US HAD TO PLAY IN?

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Another gem from Patrick.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 10:27 AM
did you read my post? I clearly stated that the Browns got the breaks. I won't repeat myself.
they created their own breaks. When the ball was pinned on the one, they created their own break and scored a fg.

Even if we couldn't catch a break, we played the worse D in the league. We don't need a break against the worse D in the league. What we needed was to take advantage, but instead we choked.

Patrick76777
12-17-2007, 10:27 AM

The way I see it, most of our team underperformed: Fairchild, Edwards, Evans, Gaines, Royal, Whitner, Ellison, DiGiorgio, arguably McGee, Moorman, Parrish.

You can't blame the loss on the conditions because they had to play in the conditions too.

I agree that we can't blame the loss on any one person, but I think a good portion of this team underperformed and they need to be held accountable for that- we can't just pass it off as conditions and lucky bounces.

Well of course you'd think that!

fact is, If the ball doesn't bounce right into Joe J's hands, they don't get the first FG, If the long snap is 3 inches lower, they don't get a saftey and if the storm doesn't stop for 2 minutes for them to kick a FG, it's 0-0!

They couldn't get it in the endzone either.

Are you going to tell me that Pitts didn't play well in that mess a few weeks ago against Miami? No you wouldn't, because you're hypercritical of the Bills.

THATHURMANATOR
12-17-2007, 10:29 AM
oh right- you mean the EXACT SAME WEATHER THAT THE TEAM THAT BEAT US HAD TO PLAY IN?

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Another gem from Patrick.
You must have missed the part of the original post that stated the snow stopped for 2 minutes while they made one FG... :idunno:

Patrick76777
You guys are hilarious.

It's like talking to a wall. And a complete waste of my time.

OpIv37
First FG, they get that crazy bounce into Joe J’s hands for a big gain to get them in FG range.

oh and as far as that crazy bounce: ALL of Cleveland's first 3 or 4 pass attempts got tipped into the air, either at the LOS or because they bounced off the receivers' hands. Our D wasn't in a position to make a play on ANY of those balls, which is just ridiculous. So, you can call it luck all you want, but the point is that if our D had swarmed to the ball on previous plays like they're known for, Cleveland never would have been in position to make that play. We failed to take advantage of lucky bounces and they didn't.

THATHURMANATOR
they created their own breaks. When the ball was pinned on the one, they created their own break and scored a fg.

Even if we couldn't catch a break, we played the worse D in the league. We don't need a break against the worse D in the league. What we needed was to take advantage, but instead we choked.
I guess I would be with you if we were blown out, but not if we only lost by a TD.

eyedog
The bad weather was a break for the Bills. The weather shut down the Browns passing and actually keep the Bills in it. That was until the Browns had to change course from their usual game plan and they then rammed J. Lewis dow our "speed defense's" throat.

THATHURMANATOR
You guys are hilarious.

:bf1:

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 10:31 AM
You must have missed the part of the original post that stated the snow stopped for 2 minutes while they made one FG... :idunno:

and that was the ONLY time the snow stopped the whole day? You people are ridiculous- this is just a whole bunch of excuses. Our team failed- hold them accountable.

I don't know what it is with people on this website and Bills fans in general. They just keep finding excuses for players not performing. And those same players give us mediocre season after mediocre season. Stop and think about that for a minute.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 10:31 AM
I guess I would be with you if we were blown out, but not if we only lost by a TD.

thanks to the D . Not the O.

THATHURMANATOR
12-17-2007, 10:32 AM
and that was the ONLY time the snow stopped the whole day? You people are ridiculous- this is just a whole bunch of excuses. Our team failed- hold them accountable.

I don't know what it is with people on this website and Bills fans in general. They just keep finding excuses for players not performing. And those same players give us mediocre season after mediocre season. Stop and think about that for a minute.
No it stopped with like 5 minutes left also. Did you not watch the game OP? It was clear on my HD.

OpIv37
You guys are hilarious.

Actually you have that backwards- your post is so ridiculous that trying to discuss it is a complete waste of time.

God forbid it's anyone's fault on our team that we lost- that can't be! You have your mind made up and you won't let facts get in the way.

THATHURMANATOR
thanks to the D . Not the O.
Or thanks to the horrendous weather and bad bounces?

TacklingDummy
Even if we couldn't catch a break, we played the worse D in the league.

And Clevelands 10th ranked offense played the Bills 30th ranked Defense.

The Bills 30th ranked offense played Clevelands 32nd ranked Defense.

The weather was a major factor in this game. And whoever doesn't think that is a fool.

Trent gets a free pass this game just like JP got a free pass in every game he played in against a team above .500. :snicker:

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 10:33 AM
No it stopped with like 5 minutes left also. Did you not watch the game OP? It was clear on my HD.

Oh, with 5 minutes left? You mean our last ditch effort drive that FAILED?

So when the snow stopped for them, they made the plays. When it stopped for us, we didn't make the plays. But hey, it was luck and weather! :rolleyes:

And yes, as always, I watched every second of the game.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 10:33 AM
Or thanks to the horrendous weather and bad bounces?

that didn't seem to affect the browns.

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 10:34 AM

The weather was a major factor in this game. And whoever doesn't think that is a fool.

Trent gets a free pass this game just like JP got a free pass in every game he played in against a team above .500. :snicker:

well of course the weather was a factor- it changed how both teams played. But that's no excuse for the loss because they had to play in the same weather.

THATHURMANATOR
12-17-2007, 10:34 AM

Agreed 100%. I can't fathom why everyone doesn't agree with this?

I am with the assesment of Fairchilds poor play calling as well.

THATHURMANATOR
12-17-2007, 10:35 AM
that didn't seem to affect the browns.
Are you being serious or ****ing with me here man? Because the Browns were obviously affected by it.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 10:35 AM
And Clevelands 10th ranked offense played the Bills 30th ranked Defense.:

still no reason why we couldn't score. It's amazing how you turned into a homer because of the qb switch.

If Jp was the qb, you'd be blaming him for the loss and saying "there's no reason why JP couldn't move the ball to fg range". :shakeno:

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Are you being serious or ****ing with me here man? Because the Browns were obviously affected by it.

Their 32 ranked D wasn't. They ran 152 yards against us. Don't know why our expensive OL and 2 headed monster couldn't push the leagues worse DL around.

TacklingDummy
12-17-2007, 10:38 AM
If Jp was the qb, you'd be blaming him for the loss and saying "there's no reason why JP couldn't move the ball to fg range". :shakeno:

Actually I was calling for JP to play as soon as I seen the weather on the field. That might have been a game that would have fit his potential perfectly.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Actually I was calling for JP to play as soon as I seen the weather on the field. That might have been a game that would have fit his potential perfectly.
I apologize then. So have you gotten attacked for saying so?

TacklingDummy
12-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Their 32 ranked D wasn't. They ran 152 yards against us. Don't know why our expensive OL and 2 headed monster couldn't push the leagues worse DL around.

It's not like the Bills have that much better of an Defense.

What really should be the question is why didn't the Browns 10th ranked Offense destroy the Bills 30th ranked defense.

Not why didn't the Bills crappy 30th rank offense not score against the Browns 32nd ranked defense.

TacklingDummy
12-17-2007, 10:42 AM
I apologize then. So have you gotten attacked for saying so?

Nope, not really. Me and djim were in the gameday thread calling for JP many times. He got attacked, I didn't. :lmao:

THATHURMANATOR
12-17-2007, 10:42 AM

So when the snow stopped for them, they made the plays. When it stopped for us, we didn't make the plays. But hey, it was luck and weather! :rolleyes:

What big plays did the Browns make besides a FG?

Patrick76777
12-17-2007, 10:43 AM

Spin Dr. in the house.

I was there, I sat in that sheet for 3+ hours.

For the first 3 quarters, the weather cleared up for 2 minutes and 1 play. and it just happened to be for a 48 yard field goal attempt. If you don't think that A. that's not bad luck on our part and B. that it wouldn't be a HUGE advantage, then you're out of your mind.

And yes, it also cleared up for the last 5 minute of the game. Giving us a chance to move down the field with much more ease. But we couldn't get it done.

EDITED: ATTACK THE POST NOT THE POSTER! ~DB

TedMock
12-17-2007, 10:43 AM

Easy. They stacked up against the run and we never gave them a reason not to. A few 7-11 yard completions would have significantly changed the landscape there, but we never made the attempt to threaten in that area.

eyedog
12-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Easy. They stacked up against the run and we never gave them a reason not to. A few 7-11 yard completions would have significantly changed the landscape there, but we never made the attempt to threaten in that area.

So you thinking coaching was a problem ??????

Outcoached again.

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 10:48 AM
What big plays did the Browns make besides a FG?

I didn't say big plays- I said they made plays. They made the FG when the snow stopped for them- we got nothing when the snow stopped for us.

Regardless, they scored 8- we scored zero. They didn't do much, but they did 8 points more than we did in the same conditions. No excuses.

Romes
12-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Nope, not really. Me and djim were in the gameday thread calling for JP many times. He got attacked, I didn't. :lmao:

I assumed you were joking...

justasportsfan
Easy. They stacked up against the run and we never gave them a reason not to. A few 7-11 yard completions would have significantly changed the landscape there, but we never made the attempt to threaten in that area. Against other teams, we've been able to make them pay with fg's at least if they stacked the line. We played the worst DL in the league. No reason why we couldn't make them pay.

OpIv37
And yes, it also cleared up for the last 5 minute of the game. Giving us a chance to move down the field with much more ease. But we couldn't get it done.

First, the jackass comment is out of line.

Second YOU JUST PROVED MY POINT.

They got it done when they got a break in the weather. We DIDN'T get it done when we got a break in the weather. They took advantage and we didn't, and our players are responsible for that. Period.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 10:50 AM

It's because you're a JP hater and the rest fliplopped to Trents side now making you the good guy.

TedMock
12-17-2007, 10:50 AM
So you thinking coaching was a problem ??????

Outcoached again.

I've said it all year. However, I don't think it's Jauron or Fewell as much as it is Fairchild. The players will fight for Jauron. They need an OC who is going to put them in the right positions. Aside from one game, our offense has taken foolish risks and yet has been overly-conservative. It's truly an amazing feat.

Billzz
12-17-2007, 10:51 AM
:grouphug:

They need to make a pissing contest emote!

DraftBoy
12-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Another thread of coulda, woulda, shoulda excuses...sadly this has become the norm for Bills fans.

Of course the weather had an affect on both team, however it can not be used as a reason we lost since Cleveland suffered through the same thing and still made the plays it needed to win the game.

DraftBoy
12-17-2007, 10:52 AM
And lets cease the personal attacks right now, I know we are still pissed the Bills lost but we can at least be adults about it

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Well of course you'd think that!

fact is, If the ball doesn't bounce right into Joe J's hands, they don't get the first FG, If the long snap is 3 inches lower, they don't get a saftey and if the storm doesn't stop for 2 minutes for them to kick a FG, it's 0-0!

They couldn't get it in the endzone either.

Are you going to tell me that Pitts didn't play well in that mess a few weeks ago against Miami? No you wouldn't, because you're hypercritical of the Bills.

I didn't watch the Pitt/Miami game so I don't have any comment about that.

And of course I'm hypercritical of the Bills- I wanted them to win and instead had to watch them get shut out in the most important game in 4 years. But then you come on here and say it's not our team's fault that they lost.

This is the NFL- the team's job is to win games, and sometimes that job has to be done in bad conditions.

Meathead
12-17-2007, 10:58 AM
i agree pat the browns got every single break on the game

they also were able to complete a couple of long-ish balls that forced the bills to back off the los giving lewis a little more room to run

edwards just could not do that until late in the fourth when the weather eased and by then it was too late

those were the two biggest factors in the loss

Meathead
12-17-2007, 10:59 AM
And lets cease the personal attacks right now, I know we are still pissed the Bills lost but we can at least be adults about it
i agree with the ignorant whore

DraftBoy
12-17-2007, 11:01 AM
i agree with the ignorant whore

Damnit Ive been outed! :couch:

Jan Reimers
12-17-2007, 11:06 AM
With the weather conditions in Cleveland yesterday, any attempt to place blame, assess personnel, analyze the game from a football perspective, or make any other determination as it relates to a normal game, is really fruitless.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Another thread of coulda, woulda, shoulda excuses...sadly this has become the norm for Bills fans.

Of course the weather had an affect on both team, however it can not be used as a reason we lost since Cleveland suffered through the same thing and still made the plays it needed to win the game.
:up:

TacklingDummy
12-17-2007, 11:11 AM
I assumed you were joking...

Nope, wasn't joking. After seeing the weather I would have had no problem with Dick switching QB's before the game. I would have gave JP the first half of the game. At halftime if JP didn't produce I would have made the switch back.

It was windy and the footing was terrible. It might have made JPs stronger arm and legs more of an advantage.

Romes
12-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Nope, wasn't joking. After seeing the weather I would have had no problem with Dick switching QB's before the game. I would have gave JP the first half of the game. At halftime if JP didn't produce I would have made the switch back.

It was windy and the footing was terrible. It might have made JPs stronger arm and legs more of an advantage.

i disagree but fair enough.

JP may have been better suited for that game but trent is the QB of the future and needs experience in a game like that.

Billzz
12-17-2007, 11:47 AM
i disagree but fair enough.

JP may have been better suited for that game but trent is the QB of the future and needs experience in a game like that.

JP is never a better option and has proven that time and time again. Jeckle and Hyde your playing with.

TE had a chance to tie the game up if not for getting screwed out of 20 seconds which made us do some things leading up to the end. Our reciever was clearly out of bounds standing up 1:37 on the clock 1st down. 1:17 they snap it again.

We had a ball go thru Evans hands but did eventually pick up that first down. TE needed to put the team on his shoulders during the lull in the weather which he kinda did but just didn't finish it off.

I really thought we where going to get it in the end zone, some way somehow. Not sure why he checked down while still having time in the pocket at that point in the game. Maybe he was supposed to throw the screen, sure didn't look like it with all the missed blocks. Maybe he just thought it was the best desicion to try and get the first down and have a few seconds left on the clock?

No one here has anyway of knowing what went thru his head or what play calls where made leading up to the last play.

DynaPaul
12-17-2007, 12:43 PM
I agree with Patrick. The Browns DID get some really lucky breaks and bounces in the game. Watch it again. In that kind of weather you need any break you can get.

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 12:52 PM
I agree with Patrick. The Browns DID get some really lucky breaks and bounces in the game. Watch it again. In that kind of weather you need any break you can get.

that doesn't excuse Edwards missing passes or Gaines or Evans dropping passes. That doesn't excuse our inept playcalling or all the missed tackles on Lewis. That doesn't excuse shanking 2 or 3 punts or the high snap/safety.

We didn't make the plays we had to make, and it's stupid to blame the loss on weather or lucky bounces or anything else.

LtBillsFan66
12-17-2007, 01:00 PM
With the weather conditions in Cleveland yesterday, any attempt to place blame, assess personnel, analyze the game from a football perspective, or make any other determination as it relates to a normal game, is really fruitless.

Exactly.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 01:04 PM
the so called conditions didn't affect the Jags (A florida team) against the best D in the league @ PITTS in the snow.

Check out the stats. Makes the condition excuse useless especially when facing the worse D in the league.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29411&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2007&week=REG15

Billzz
12-17-2007, 01:08 PM
the so called conditions didn't affect the Jags (A florida team) against the best D in the league @ PITTS in the snow.

Check out the stats. Makes the condition excuse useless especially when facing the worse D in the league.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29411&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2007&week=REG15

They didn't have 40mph wind.

LtBillsFan66
12-17-2007, 01:09 PM

Was it as bad in Pitts?

Seems like Tom Brady, Eli Manning, and Derek Anderson had bad games too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byposition?pos=QB&conference=NFL&year=season_2007&timeframe=Week15&qualified=1&sort=49&old_category=QB

MikeInRoch
12-17-2007, 01:12 PM
There is no comparison between the weather conditions in those two games.

Patrick76777
12-17-2007, 01:17 PM

It's laughable.

they weren't even close.

Patrick76777
12-17-2007, 01:18 PM
It's laughable.

they weren't even close.

Justa has let his personal feelings for a player get in the way of his love of the team.

It's easy to let that happen.

Op on the other hand is just a big crybaby complainer.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 01:20 PM
Was it as bad in Pitts?

Seems like Tom Brady, Eli Manning, and Derek Anderson had bad games too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byposition?pos=QB&conference=NFL&year=season_2007&timeframe=Week15&qualified=1&sort=49&old_category=QB

whether it was a s bad or not, a Florida team played in cold condition AGIANST THE BEST D IN THE LEAGUE in their house.

We're a cold team playing the WORST D IN THE LEAGUE.

No reason why we can't even score a fg.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Justa has let his personal feelings for a player get in the way of his love of the team.

It's easy to let that happen.

Op on the other hand is just a big crybaby complainer.

Oh puhlease. If there's anyone here who showing love for a player it's the Trent fans. When JP losses, it's his fault. When team losses, it's Fairchild and now "IT'S THE SNOW"

If the fins can score gainst the ravens, I don't see how we can't against the Browns D.

Ya'll are making excuses. The jags didn't need excuses to beat Pitts. You know what they say about excuses.

LtBillsFan66
12-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Oh puhlease. If there's anyone here who showing love for a player it's the Trent fans. When JP losses, it's his fault. When team losses, it's Fairchild.

If the fins can score gainst the ravens, I don't see how we can't against the Borwns D.

Ya'll are making excuses. The jags didn't need excuses to beat Pitts. You know what they say about excuses.

He's right. You're usually a good poster, but this JP think is making you look silly.

MikeInRoch
12-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Because Trent has just as good a team around him as the Jags QB does. Please.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 01:25 PM

The Browns didn't need excuses. Why should we? If it's not the refs, it's the snow. Comon, were not a Florida team.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Because Trent has just as good a team around him as the Jags QB does. Please.

Switch that name to JP and you have the same answer.

BTW, The Browns have the worst D. No excuses needed.

LtBillsFan66
12-17-2007, 01:27 PM
The Browns didn't need excuses. Why should we? If it's not the refs, it's the snow. Comon, were not a Florida team.

The Browns got the bounces. That's the bottom line. I'm not calling it luck. But they got the bounces. Safety on bad snap, Jurivicus bounce reception to set up a FG, and although it was a great kick, the 40+ yarder was a knuckle ball. Outside of a few plays, the Browns looked just as bad as the Bills.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 01:28 PM
The Browns got the bounces. That's the bottom line. I'm not calling it luck. But they got the bounces. Safety on bad snap, Jurivicus bounce reception to set up a FG, and although it was a great kick, the 40+ yarder was a knuckle ball. Outside of a few plays, the Browns looked just as bad as the Bills.

Good teams don't depend on bounces. They make their own luck. You sound like FTP making excuses for the fins.

Patrick76777
12-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Oh puhlease. If there's anyone here who showing love for a player it's the Trent fans. When JP losses, it's his fault. When team losses, it's Fairchild and now "IT'S THE SNOW"

If the fins can score gainst the ravens, I don't see how we can't against the Browns D.

The first step is admitting that you have a problem. If you can't do that, then we can't break you of your love.

I know how you feel. You put a lot of hope into JP and you don't want it to be over. But it happens. We can't be right all the time. His time is done.

Now what you're doing is quietly rooting against the new guy. It's a struggle watching the games. You think, "Oh, we're doing good but we're doing it in spite of the new guy". But the new guy shouldn't be your enemy. It's not his fault.

You just need to break ties with JP. Breakups are not easy, even in football fandom.

You have 2 choices at this point.

1. Continue with your love of JP and pray that he picks up with another team and turns into a great player. This way you can say, "I told you so" to everyone on a message board. At the same time, quietly root against Trent while still hoping the team improves.

2. Admit that you have a problem, come to grips with it, admit that a higher power has control (front office) and that since there's nothing you can really do about it anyway, embrace the new guy and hope that he's the one you thought you had with JP.

It won't be easy and you'll resist this e-mail, call me foolish and think that I don't know what I'm talking about, but trust me, I know. I've been thru it before. I'm there for you.

Good luck on your journey.

camelcowboy
12-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Im done arguing with people who walk around incapable of seeing any positives in life whatsoever. The bills have improved as a team, they have overcome injuries, the o-line is jellying they have had two solid draft classes and will have offseason to get healthy and improve. We lost a one score game to a quality team in their home stadium during a freak blizzard, yet we still had a chance to win at the end. If you told me the season were to end the way it did this year after the start we had i wouldn't have believed you. Im happy with Trent im happy with lynch, add a couple receivers and a te that can catch and we have a good offense. The future is bright for the bills not matter what the mentally challenged on this board have to say.

LtBillsFan66
12-17-2007, 01:33 PM
the first step is admitting that you have a problem. If you can't do that, then we can't break you of your love.

I know how you feel. You put a lot of hope into JP and you don't want it to be over. But it happens. We can't be right all the time. His time is done.

Now what you're doing is quietly rooting against the new guy. It's a struggle watching the games. Oh, we're doing good but we're doing it in spite of the new guy. But the new guy shouldn't be your enemy. It's not his fault.

You just need to break ties with JP. Breakups are not easy, even in football fandom.

1. Continue your love of JP and pray that he picks up with another team and turns into a great player. This way you can say, "I told you so" to everyone on a message board. At the same time, quietly root against Trent while still hoping the team improves.

2. Admit that you have a problem, come to grips with it, admit that a higher power has control (front office) and that since there's nothing you can really do about it anyway, embrace the new guy and hope that he's the one you though you had with JP.

It won't be easy and you'll resist this e-mail. Call me foolish and think I don't know what I'm talking about, but trust me, I know. I've been thru it before. I'm there for you.

Spot on!

LtBillsFan66
12-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Good teams don't depend on bounces. They make their own luck. You sound like FTP making excuses for the fins.

In those conditions, they needed to rely on bounces.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 01:35 PM
the first step is admitting that you have a problem. If you can't do that, then we can't break you of your love.

Now what you're doing is quietly rooting against the new guy. It's a struggle watching the games. Oh, we're doing good but we're doing it in spite of the new guy. But the new guy shouldn't be your enemy. It's not his fault.

1. Continue your love of JP and pray that he picks up with another team and turns into a great player. This way you can say, "I told you so" to everyone on a message board. At the same time, quietly root against Trent while still hoping the team improves.

2. Admit that you have a problem, come to grips with it, admit that a higher power has control (front office) and that since there's nothing you can really do about it anyway, embrace the new guy and hope that he's the one you though you had with JP.

It won't be easy and you'll resist this e-mail. Call me foolish and think I don't know what I'm talking about, but trust me, I know. I've been thru it before. I'm there for you.

I was never a JP fan. I even stated the jury is still out on him before the season started .. Just because I don't think he was put in a position to win with a crappy coaches (funny, you guys seem to agree with me now,all of a sudden Fairchilds an idiot) and no OL and I don't jump on the Trent bandwagon this early, all of a sudden I'm a JP lover.

Puhlease. It's either we're with you or a JP lover. Whatever.

I was right when I didn't annoint JP the future of this team. At least I'm consistent. I wonder where all those JPD fans who have since Flilflopped their way to Trents jock. Were you one of them?

Should Trent fail due to crappy coaching , I wonder how fast you'll jump of the wagon and blame Trent. My crytal ball says you'll be blaming him for this loss if he doesn't succeed next year.

Patrick76777
12-17-2007, 01:39 PM
I don't pull for individuals. Especially QB's. I resent the fact that you're trying to lump me in with groups.

Was I unhappy with the guy that was in there, Yes

Did I want a change, Yes

Who was next in line, Trent Edwards

So that's my choice.

My first choice would be Payton Manning, but I can't have him.

Like I said, it's going to be tough for you to realize that you do have a problem, but if you need to talk about it, I'm here for you.

Patrick76777
12-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Should Trent fail due to crappy coaching , I wonder how fast you'll jump of the wagon and blame Trent. My crytal ball says you'll be blaming him for this loss if he doesn't succeed next year.

If he doesn't play well, then yes. Like I said above, I don't pull for individuals. But I do know that most good teams have a good QB. So if I feel that my QB isn't good enough and they've had numerous chances to show that they're good enough, then it's time to move on.

Nothing personal.

madness
12-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Fairchild would ruin Payton. :D

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 01:43 PM
I don't pull for individuals. Especially QB's. I resent the fact that you're trying to lump me in with groups. .whats good for the goose is good for the gander ;)

Was I unhappy with the guy that was in there, Yes

Did I want a change, Yes

Who was next in line, Trent Edwards

So that's my choice.

My first choice would be Payton Manning, but I can't have him. .I wanted a OC who knew how to put his qb's in a position to win. So that's my choice.

Like I said, it's going to be tough for you to realize that you do have a problem, but if you need to talk about it, I'm here for you. I will come to you as soon as you fix your own problems first . The blind should not lead the blind ;)

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 01:44 PM
If he doesn't play well, then yes. Like I said above, I don't pull for individuals. But I do know that most good teams have a good QB. So if I feel that my QB isn't good enough and they've had numerous chances to show that they're good enough, then it's time to move on.

Nothing personal.

I agree, it's time to move on. Bring in a real qb to compete with Trent. No way no how he should be handed the job. I'm all about winning now.

Patrick76777
12-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Fairchild would ruin Payton. :D

It's easy to blame the OC. I think one of the biggest problems with the Bills of the past 8 years is that the fans demand the head of someone at the end of EVERY SINGLE SEASON. And that means that we are always switching coaches, QB's, or GM's.

Patrick76777
12-17-2007, 01:57 PM
whats good for the goose is good for the gander ;)

I wanted a OC who knew how to put his qb's in a position to win. So that's my choice.

I will come to you as soon as you fix your own problems first . The blind should not lead the blind ;)

at least 3 times in this thread you've implied that JP would be doing the same in there because it's not his fault it's the coaches fault and you still have that terrible pic of him in your Sig.

Patrick76777
12-17-2007, 01:58 PM
I agree, it's time to move on. Bring in a real qb to compete with Trent. No way no how he should be handed the job. I'm all about winning now.

He wasn't, he's out preformed JP.

Game managment
Wins
poise
decision making.

The stats will hopefully come.

And if they don't, we'll look for more.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 01:59 PM
It's easy to blame the OC. I think one of the biggest problems with the Bills of the past 8 years is that the fans demand the head of someone at the end of EVERY SINGLE SEASON. And that means that we are always switching coaches, QB's, or GM's.
Cmon, every OC we've had deserved to be fired. The only reason why we made playoffs after Marv is because Flutie didn't do what the OC told him to do. When we actually ran Sheppards O with RJ , we lost.

eyedog
12-17-2007, 02:01 PM

When your one of two teams not to make the play-offs in the last eight years calling for heads happens. Especially when most know you have a bunch of losers at the helm :

Williams, Mularkey, Donahoe, Jauron

You get the picture.

FlyingDutchman
12-17-2007, 02:02 PM
Agree 100% Patrick. In a game with those conditions, whoever catches the breaks is gonna win. They had a 3rd and 7 and had a lucky bounced ball fall into the arms of their receiver to get them in field goal range. They got a BS safety bc of the conditions, and another lucky field goal. take away some of those breaks, and that drive at the end of the game would have ended in a FG which would have sent it to OT. Im sick of people looking for someone to blame. If anything blame fairchild for running on 3rd and 8 in the 4th quarter. Besides that, everyone has to get off TE.

Sure it was bad weather for both teams and they played on the same field. But lets be real, they just got some of the better breaks in crappy conditions.

Billzz
12-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Agree 100% Patrick. In a game with those conditions, whoever catches the breaks is gonna win. They had a 3rd and 7 and had a lucky bounced ball fall into the arms of their receiver to get them in field goal range. They got a BS safety bc of the conditions, and another lucky field goal. take away some of those breaks, and that drive at the end of the game would have ended in a FG which would have sent it to OT. Im sick of people looking for someone to blame. If anything blame fairchild for running on 3rd and 8 in the 4th quarter. Besides that, everyone has to get off TE.

Sure it was bad weather for both teams and they played on the same field. But lets be real, they just got some of the better breaks in crappy conditions.

And 165 yds on the ground or whatever it was didn't help the cause. They did move the ball and had double digit first downs.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 02:16 PM
And 165 yds on the ground or whatever it was didn't help the cause. They did move the ball and had double digit first downs.

So why couldn't we do the same against the worst D in the league when we had the ball? THeir D was playing under the same conditions.

FlyingDutchman
12-17-2007, 02:22 PM

agreed. but those yards on the ground didnt really turn into anything. it was the whole bend but dont break thing. The actual points came from some bad breaks. You are right though, they seemed to be able to ball control a lot better than us.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 02:24 PM
He wasn't, he's out preformed JP. . depends on who you're asking . Trent fans?

Game managment
Wins
poise
decision making.

The stats will hopefully come.

And if they don't, we'll look for more.points? I mean even JP scored against the Pats.

Patrick76777
12-17-2007, 02:25 PM
When your one of two teams not to make the play-offs in the last eight years calling for heads happens. Especially when most know you have a bunch of losers at the helm :

Williams, Mularkey, Donahoe, Jauron

You get the picture.

chicken or the egg?

Did we not make the playoffs in 8 years because we have to fire coaches, GMs and QB's every year?

or

is it that because we're always in a state of flux, we can never get things going in the right direction and therefore we haven't made the playoffs.

There's no right answer, it's all opinion but check this out.

'01 - First year after "Cleaning house", Terrible year. Finish 3-13, fans demand the head of the OC, he is fired. Our reward, Kevin Gilbride. Be careful what you wish for. We also dump our QB and go with Drew.

'02 - First year with Drew and our Offense tears it up. Price and Moulds are a awesome one/two punch. But the Defense stinks.

'03 - Because of our Offensive punch the year before Star defensive players jump on board, TKO, Sam Adams, Lawyer Milloy, but we traded away P. Price and so although our D played great, our Offense wasn't nearly as good as it was the year before. So we finish bad and fire our coaching staff.

'04 - Now we have to use our first pick in the draft to take a new WR (Evans) and it takes the new coaching staff a while to get rolling. Terrible start to the season. But by midseason, things are really coming together. The team wins 6 in a row and just misses the playoffs. So what it looks like we're finally heading in the right direction, so what do we do? Switch QB's!

'05 - New QB to go with a team that looked like it was about to get very good. New QB stinks the joint up for 4 games and we toss him to the bench. Forcing us to split the rest of the year with him and a Journey man. As a result, we once again fire our whole coaching staff.

'06 - Start over again, and again the new coaching staff starts slow, going 2-5 in the first 7 games. Before the young QB shows that he may really be able to play and the team is in the wild card hunt in week 16. After just missing, the team cleans house, shipping off 4 of their "Best" (debatable players) and as a result, they're forced to draft replacments for these guys in the draft. So........

'07 - Start 1-4 with young players, but start coming on during the season, finish with a least 7 wins and was in the playoff hunt thru week 15., So, Colorado State does Bills fans a favor and instead of demanding the head of the OC, he walks. Let's hope we don't demand something else. And........

'08 with a 2nd year QB and a new OC and system, the Bills start slow again, and by the time they get rolling, they just miss the playoffs. Then Marv decides to retire and..........

'09 a new GM comes in and wants his own coach, Whole new staff comes in and Bills start 0-4, They once again make a run but can't make it into the playoffs. New staff blames Edwards who is blamed as a guys who can't get things right, even though he's had 3 OC's in 3 years.

'10 a new QB joins the team and it takes the young rookie a long time to get going, so after starting 0-10, we finish 3-3, but the fans demand a new OC/DC.

You get the point.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 02:27 PM
'08 with a 2nd year QB and a new OC and system, the Bills start slow again, and by the time they get rolling, they just miss the playoffs. Then Marv decides to retire and..........

'09 a new GM comes in and wants his own coach, Whole new staff comes in and Bills start 0-4, They once again make a run but can't make it into the playoffs. New staff blames Edwards who is blamed as a guys who can't get things right, even though he's had 3 OC's in 3 years.

'10 a new QB joins the team and it takes the young rookie a long time to get going, so after starting 0-10, we finish 3-3, but the fans demand a new OC/DC.

You get the point.

thats mean. Totally uncalled for. Mods?

Meathead
12-17-2007, 04:04 PM
unless jp had played

LtBillsFan66
12-17-2007, 04:23 PM
depends on who you're asking . Trent fans?

points? I mean even JP scored against the Pats.

Do you even remember how bad JP was his first 5-6 games?

LtBillsFan66
12-17-2007, 04:26 PM

JP would make any OC look bad.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 04:26 PM
at least 3 times in this thread you've implied that JP would be doing the same in there because it's not his fault it's the coaches fault and you still have that terrible pic of him in your Sig.

I put that sig on at the start of the season because I supported the qb on this team. When Trent becomes our Qb via competition and not because Ralphy says so, I will also have his picture along with either Evans or Lynch on my sig . Sorru I can be a Trent fan like you want me to be. I'm a team fan first.

Mr. Pink
12-17-2007, 04:28 PM
I put that sig on at the start of the season because I supported the qb on this team. When Trent becomes our Qb via competition and not because Ralphy says so, I will also have his picture along with either Evans or Lynch on my sig . Sorru I can be a Trent fan like you want me to be. I'm a team fan first.

So what happens next year when JP is gone and Trent is handed the job based on his performance this year?

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Do you even remember how bad JP was his first 5-6 games?
Yeah, I also remember hw bad the OL was then. I also remember how bad Trent was yesterday but you don't see me blaming him for yesterdays loss. I blame every offensive struggle on Fairchild.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 04:32 PM
So what happens next year when JP is gone and Trent is handed the job based on his performance this year?

I will still support Trent . I even supported Robosack on gameday even though I thought we fired the wrong qb. Again, I supported the drafting of Trent . I even used JP as a reason for drafting Trent because the jury was still out on JP then.

LtBillsFan66
12-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I also remember hw bad the OL was then. I also remember how bad Trent was yesterday but you don't see me blaming him for yesterdays loss. I blame every offensive struggle on Fairchild.

Trent was horrible yesterday, in the blizzard. As was Anderson, Brady, Eli Manning and a few other QBs not used to throwing in a noreaster. As bad as he lookded passing, he was still poised. Not like JP who always looks like a chicken with his head cut off. Trent looks great being that he's a rookie. It's clear with almost everyone I talk to that he can and will improve. He has the brains and work ethic. No rookie QB lights up the league in his first few games.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 04:33 PM
JP would make any OC look bad.

Moolarkey and Fairchild would make Peyton look bad.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 04:35 PM
Trent was horrible yesterday, in the blizzard. As was Anderson, Brady, Eli Manning and a few other QBs not used to throwing in a noreaster. As bad as he lookded passing, he was still poised. Not like JP who always looks like a chicken with his head cut off. Trent looks great being that he's a rookie. It's clear with almost everyone I talk to that he can and will improve. He has the brains and work ethic. No rookie QB lights up the league in his first few games.

He was poised. I don't care about looking good. I want results. Are you happy when he's poised watching teams playing in wildcard weekend? I don't care if he's a rookie. Thats a sad excuse when the season is on the line.

I would take JP looking bad against the fins anyday as long as we win.

LtBillsFan66
12-17-2007, 04:38 PM
He was poised. I don't care about looking good. I want results. Are you happy when he's poised watching teams playing in wildcard weekend? I don't care if he's a rookie. Thats a sad excuse when the season is on the line.

I would take JP looking bad against the fins anyday as long as we win.

It shows maturity. JP would not have done any better. I don't think Brett Favre would have played any better in those conditions. Actually the game was eerily familiar to a game we played in GB a few years back where Drew played like garbage and got called out for it. Rightfully so perhaps, but Favre had a equally crappy day.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 04:40 PM
It shows maturity. JP would not have done any better. I don't think Brett Favre would have played any better in those conditions. Actually the game was eerily familiar to a game we played in GB a few years back where Drew played like garbage and got called out for it. Rightfully so perhaps, but Favre had a equally crappy day.

Holcomb was very mature in the pocket. I want results.

I don't care what Farve does. He's not the qb of the bills.

LtBillsFan66
12-17-2007, 04:41 PM
Holcomb was very mature in the pocket. I want results.

He was a vet.

Ok so you're saying JP is a bust, Trent will never get better. Who should be the Bills QB?

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 04:47 PM
He was a vet. I don't care. He was still a back up qb with poise.

Ok so you're saying JP is a bust, thanks to the coaches. Maybe a coach with a brain can still bring out the best in him. He's got a ton of upside.

Trent will never get better. Who should be the Bills QB? I never said Trent won't get better. You did.

A for the qb, wait til next year.

LtBillsFan66
12-17-2007, 04:50 PM
JP sucks. He's a loser.

guy
12-17-2007, 06:11 PM
sorry what ever your name is, but this TEAM over performed all year. not bad for abunch of rookies and trash men. why dont you go root for a super bowl team like the fins or the ravens ,JA

Owen DeBoard
12-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Not to call you out but Eli Manning has played bad all year long blizzard or no blizzard. Anderson didnt exactly play good against the jets last week either. JP I think doesnt make good decisions like Trent. Trent gets rid of the ball when he sees the pressure coming. I think Trent could have hit the running backs a little more on check downs instead of going for the medium passes and I think that Trent should have been able to throw a few more deep balls but the OC held him back on that one.