X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Some of you cats need to chill

I know that in sports, we need to find someone to blame after every loss, but what we played in yesterday tossed everything out the window.

I was there, I lived thru it first hand. To blame that loss on any one person is ludicrous.

The weather was awful.

On the radio this morning they were complaining that we only opened it up on the last drive. Well if you were there, you realized that it only cleared up with 5 minutes left in the game.

This game had 3-0 written all over it. And it probably should have been that way, except that the Browns got all the bounces.

First FG, they get that crazy bounce into Joe J’s hands for a big gain to get them in FG range.

The Safety could have happened to either team in those conditions.

And the last FG, the storm stopped for 2 minutes right before the kick.

How do you defend those things?

If this game is played on a clear day, it’s a totally different game, maybe we win, maybe we don’t, but it’s not 8-0!

Whichever team got some breaks (lucky bounces, high snaps and 2 minute breaks in the weather right before a big kick) was going to win this game. We just didn’t get those breaks.
    Resign our own guys!
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Some of you cats need to chill

You're making excuses for the bills. So why were the Browns able to score under the same conditions?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

you're blaming the loss on lucky bounces?

The way I see it, most of our team underperformed: Fairchild, Edwards, Evans, Gaines, Royal, Whitner, Ellison, DiGiorgio, arguably McGee, Moorman, Parrish.

You can't blame the loss on the conditions because they had to play in the conditions too.

I agree that we can't blame the loss on any one person, but I think a good portion of this team underperformed and they need to be held accountable for that- we can't just pass it off as conditions and lucky bounces.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Romes
        • Jul 2002

exactly. the bills got no breaks, it also seemed like the weather cleared up during the second field goal and was worst during the botched punt. luck had a lot to do with yesterdays outcome.
        Originally posted by paladin warrior
        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          You're making excuses for the bills. So why were the Browns able to score under the same conditions?

did you read my post? I clearly stated that the Browns got the breaks. I won't repeat myself.
          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37

No weather Op. Please re read.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

He explained that Justa.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                No weather Op. Please re read.
                oh right- you mean the EXACT SAME WEATHER THAT THE TEAM THAT BEAT US HAD TO PLAY IN?

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Another gem from Patrick.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                  did you read my post? I clearly stated that the Browns got the breaks. I won't repeat myself.
                  they created their own breaks. When the ball was pinned on the one, they created their own break and scored a fg.

Even if we couldn't catch a break, we played the worse D in the league. We don't need a break against the worse D in the league. What we needed was to take advantage, but instead we choked.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Patrick76777
                    • Jul 2002

The way I see it, most of our team underperformed: Fairchild, Edwards, Evans, Gaines, Royal, Whitner, Ellison, DiGiorgio, arguably McGee, Moorman, Parrish.

You can't blame the loss on the conditions because they had to play in the conditions too.

I agree that we can't blame the loss on any one person, but I think a good portion of this team underperformed and they need to be held accountable for that- we can't just pass it off as conditions and lucky bounces.

Well of course you'd think that!

fact is, If the ball doesn't bounce right into Joe J's hands, they don't get the first FG, If the long snap is 3 inches lower, they don't get a saftey and if the storm doesn't stop for 2 minutes for them to kick a FG, it's 0-0!

They couldn't get it in the endzone either.

Are you going to tell me that Pitts didn't play well in that mess a few weeks ago against Miami? No you wouldn't, because you're hypercritical of the Bills.
                    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

oh right- you mean the EXACT SAME WEATHER THAT THE TEAM THAT BEAT US HAD TO PLAY IN?

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Another gem from Patrick.
                      You must have missed the part of the original post that stated the snow stopped for 2 minutes while they made one FG...

Comment

• Patrick76777
                        • Jul 2002

You guys are hilarious.

It's like talking to a wall. And a complete waste of my time.
                        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777

First FG, they get that crazy bounce into Joe J’s hands for a big gain to get them in FG range.
                          oh and as far as that crazy bounce: ALL of Cleveland's first 3 or 4 pass attempts got tipped into the air, either at the LOS or because they bounced off the receivers' hands. Our D wasn't in a position to make a play on ANY of those balls, which is just ridiculous. So, you can call it luck all you want, but the point is that if our D had swarmed to the ball on previous plays like they're known for, Cleveland never would have been in position to make that play. We failed to take advantage of lucky bounces and they didn't.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

they created their own breaks. When the ball was pinned on the one, they created their own break and scored a fg.

Even if we couldn't catch a break, we played the worse D in the league. We don't need a break against the worse D in the league. What we needed was to take advantage, but instead we choked.
                            I guess I would be with you if we were blown out, but not if we only lost by a TD.

Comment

• eyedog
                              • Jul 2002

The bad weather was a break for the Bills. The weather shut down the Browns passing and actually keep the Bills in it. That was until the Browns had to change course from their usual game plan and they then rammed J. Lewis dow our "speed defense's" throat.

Comment

Working...
                              X