PDA

View Full Version : I hope Dick has no say about the next OC.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 12:02 PM
He's had 2 questionable at best OC's here and chicago. It seems like he has no clue about offensive X's and O's. He couldn't take the playbook away from Fairchild and call the plays if his life depended on it.

To me, he's nothing more than a Marv II . Great motivator but not a huge X and O guy.

BTW, Ralph also needs to shut his trap and open his wallet for a proven OC.

Billzz
12-17-2007, 12:05 PM
He's had 2 questionable at best OC's here and chicago. It seems like he has no clue about offensive X's and O's. He couldn't take the playbook away from Fairchild and call the plays if his life depended on it.

To me, he's nothing more than a Marv II . Great motivator but not a huge X and O guy.

BTW, Ralph also needs to shut his trap and open his wallet for a proven OC.

You have inside information about DJ's offensive knowledge?

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 12:05 PM
You have inside information about DJ's offensive knowledge?
no, just results or lack thereof. Although Miller did have a great year in Dicks playoff year in chicago which is why I say questionable at best. Take that 1 year out, he's had horrible OCs.wysian logic.

Billzz
12-17-2007, 12:11 PM
no, just results. Although Miller did have a great year in Dicks playoff year in chicago which is why I say questionable at best. Take that 1 year out, he's had horrible OCs.

I have no idea about his tenure in Chicago besides the obvious praise and subsequent firing after 3 years. The correct O.C. will be chosen by Marv with DJ having some input I am sure. The correct person will be chosen to match our O without $$$ being a concern. Just because we don't go out and spend 2 mill a year on a O.C. doesen't mean we got the wrong person for our team.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 12:13 PM
The correct person will be chosen to match our O without $$$ being a concern. Just because we don't go out and spend 2 mill a year on a O.C. doesen't mean we got the wrong person for our team.

you mean you haven't learned anything since we nickle and dimed our coaches since Marv left? Wow, you're bound to repeat the same mistakes that way.

Don't get me wrong, I like Jauron. Just don't think he's a great X and O guy . Especially on O.

Remember who we have in our division. The Pats. Hire another Fairchild, we'll be their ***** til the next decade.

historypete
12-17-2007, 12:16 PM
I think the O-Coordinator is either Schonert or Van Pelt. I'd by far and away would chose Van Pelt. There is a reason why Schonert has been coaching for 13 years and has never been promoted.

Billzz
12-17-2007, 12:17 PM
you mean you haven't learned anything since we nickle and dimed our coaches since Marv left? Wow, you're bound to repeat the same mistakes that way.

Don't get me wrong, I like Jauron. Just don't think he's a great X and O guy . Especially on O.

But like you said after Marv left, he is back and in a seat of power in the FO.

I have blind faith in that regard, yes. I really feel for our system and current QB or whoever it ends up being will benefit from this change and the correct person will be chosen for the Bills.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 12:21 PM
But like you said after Marv left, he is back and in a seat of power in the FO.

I have blind faith in that regard, yes. I really feel for our system and current QB or whoever it ends up being will benefit from this change and the correct person will be chosen for the Bills.
Marv wasn't all that either . Kelly made him look better by calling the plays on the field.

Just like Dick, he brought out the best in his players with motivation. Just wasn't an awsome X and O guy. Marv's Bills would've been owned by todays PAts.

Billzz
12-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Marv wasn't all that either . Kelly made him look better by calling the plays on the field.

Just like Dick, he brought out the best in his players with motivation. Just wasn't an awsome X and O guy. Marv's Bills would've been owned by todays PAts.

Not sure what that has to do with us picking a OC for next season but I will give it to you on pure principle alone, the Pats comment.

Manning calls alot of audibles as well so maybe we just get a QB who can call plays and skip the whole OC thing.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Not sure what that has to do with us picking a OC for next season but I will give it to you on pure principle alone, the Pats comment.

Manning calls alot of audibles as well so maybe we just get a QB who can call plays and skip the whole OC thing.

Peyton and Kelly are rare. Well Flutie was a good field general bt he was too short. Hire another Fairchild, he'll stop the qb's from thinking for themselves. "let's play conservative to develop our qb".THat's BS. All Fairchild did was baby the qb's so he can control them. What an idiot.

Billzz
12-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Peyton and Kelly are rare. Well Flutie was a good field general bt he was too short. Hire another Fairchild, he'll stop the qb's from thinking for themselves. "let's play conservative to develop our qb".THat's BS. All Fairchild did was baby the qb's so he can control them. What an idiot.

He did not let either utilize their full skill sets, agree. Not sure if it is a control factor like you say, but a more vertical passing game or atleast more 20+ attempts per game is a need. Just have to believe at this point the correct man for the job will be chosen and prosper in our organization.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 01:00 PM
He did not let either utilize their full skill sets, agree. Not sure if it is a control factor like you say, but a more vertical passing game or atleast more 20+ attempts per game is a need. Just have to believe at this point the correct man for the job will be chosen and prosper in our organization.
a real OC would've come up with schemes that best fits his qb. The players have *****ed about his playcalling and they were justified yesterday.

madness
12-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Give me a break. He had a QB in Chicago that was 5x as bad as JP.

mchurchfie
12-17-2007, 01:04 PM

Marv will have us running the Wing-T again if he gets involved.:ill:

Billzz
12-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Marv will have us running the Wing-T again if he gets involved.:ill:

Actually the Single Wing would work quite well against today's defense's. Don't count it out!

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Give me a break. He had a QB in Chicago that was worse then JP.

Whos to blame for a bad Qb then?

Bears O under Dick.
1999 8th ranked
2001 26th
2002 29th
2003 28th

Owen DeBoard
12-17-2007, 04:09 PM
As long as the next OC doesnt have the last name Schoop I wont be to worried. That Schoop was the OC when Jauron coached the bears and that offense was way worse than the one we have had in the past two years.

Meathead
12-17-2007, 04:16 PM
i agree with the spink

i like the feel of dick but its obvious hes still learning about how to be a complete hc. id love to see them hire one of the former hc offensive gurus to run the o. it would provide both good offensive management and give dick some excellent experienced input

not holding my breath

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 04:23 PM
i agree with the spink

:rockon:

YardRat
12-17-2007, 04:50 PM

Marchibroda was the guy that benefitted from Kelly calling the plays on the field, not Marv. Besides...It's pretty well known that Marv was neither an offensive or defensive expert...He let his coordinators do the job they were paid to do, and rightfully so.

Regardless of who is calling the plays on gameday, it's more crucial for the OC to pick the package of plays from the full playbook that are going to be used against the current week's opponent and put together the gameplan....The coordinator makes his money Monday thru Saturday, it's the players job to make their money on Sunday.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Marchibroda was the guy that benefitted from Kelly calling the plays on the field, not Marv. Besides...It's pretty well known that Marv was neither an offensive or defensive expert...He let his coordinators do the job they were paid to do, and rightfully so.

Regardless of who is calling the plays on gameday, it's more crucial for the OC to pick the package of plays from the full playbook that are going to be used against the current week's opponent and put together the gameplan....The coordinator makes his money Monday thru Saturday, it's the players job to make their money on Sunday.

You just described Jauron. You just justified my wanting Dick to stay away from picking an OC.

LtBillsFan66
12-17-2007, 04:55 PM
You have to let the HC choose his OC. Thinking otherwise is stupid.

Owen DeBoard
12-17-2007, 05:03 PM
You have to let the HC choose his OC. Thinking otherwise is stupid.
Did he choose Fairchild? I hope not because if he did then he has chosen two bad OCs. One here and one in Chicago. If thats the case maybe the third one will be a charm.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Did he choose Fairchild? I hope not because if he did then he has chosen two bad OCs. One here and one in Chicago. If thats the case maybe the third one will be a charm.
According to MArv , the only person they both wanted was our DL coach. I don't think Marv stuck Fairchild on Dick either.

Billzz
12-17-2007, 05:56 PM
They want to get it right just as much if not more then we do, trust me. It isn't like they sit around going, "lets pick this guy that has experience with the spread in college and now hire him here to piss the fans off. Can't wait to read the message boards tonight huh DJ? LOLOLOLOL"

Get Real.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 05:59 PM
They want to get it right just as much if not more then we do, trust me. It isn't like they sit around going, "lets pick this guy that has experience with the spread in college and now hire him here to piss the fans off. Can't wait to read the message boards tonight huh DJ? LOLOLOLOL"

Get Real.

I know that, but I wouldn't want Moolarkey making decisions either even though he wants to get things right. But I hope he does become the fins next HC :D

Dick is 0-2 in picking OC's. Don't want it to be 0-3.

Billzz
12-17-2007, 06:10 PM
I know that, but I wouldn't want Moolarkey making decisions either even though he wants to get things right. But I hope he does become the fins next HC :D

Dick is 0-2 in picking OC's. Don't want it to be 0-3.

Assuming those facts are true about him having the say so of who the OC is in all situations than you cannot deny not wanting him in the final process. Not sure it was all his doing though, but hell, what do I know?

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Assuming those facts are true about him having the say so of who the OC is in all situations than you cannot deny not wanting him in the final process. Not sure it was all his doing though, but hell, what do I know?

It was my hope. I don't thnk it's possible that Dick won't have a say.