I hope Dick has no say about the next OC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

I hope Dick has no say about the next OC.

He's had 2 questionable at best OC's here and chicago. It seems like he has no clue about offensive X's and O's. He couldn't take the playbook away from Fairchild and call the plays if his life depended on it.

To me, he's nothing more than a Marv II . Great motivator but not a huge X and O guy.

BTW, Ralph also needs to shut his trap and open his wallet for a proven OC.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Billzz
    • Sep 2003

Re: I hoe Dick has no say about the next OC.

Originally posted by justasportsfan
    He's had 2 questionable at best OC's here and chicago. It seems like he has no clue about offensive X's and O's. He couldn't take the playbook away from Fairchild and call the plays if his life depended on it.

To me, he's nothing more than a Marv II . Great motivator but not a huge X and O guy.

BTW, Ralph also needs to shut his trap and open his wallet for a proven OC.
    You have inside information about DJ's offensive knowledge?

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billzz
      You have inside information about DJ's offensive knowledge?
      no, just results or lack thereof. Although Miller did have a great year in Dicks playoff year in chicago which is why I say questionable at best. Take that 1 year out, he's had horrible OCs.wysian logic.
      sacrifice1

Comment

• Billzz
        • Sep 2003

no, just results. Although Miller did have a great year in Dicks playoff year in chicago which is why I say questionable at best. Take that 1 year out, he's had horrible OCs.
        I have no idea about his tenure in Chicago besides the obvious praise and subsequent firing after 3 years. The correct O.C. will be chosen by Marv with DJ having some input I am sure. The correct person will be chosen to match our O without $$$ being a concern. Just because we don't go out and spend 2 mill a year on a O.C. doesen't mean we got the wrong person for our team.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

The correct person will be chosen to match our O without $$$ being a concern. Just because we don't go out and spend 2 mill a year on a O.C. doesen't mean we got the wrong person for our team.
          you mean you haven't learned anything since we nickle and dimed our coaches since Marv left? Wow, you're bound to repeat the same mistakes that way.

Don't get me wrong, I like Jauron. Just don't think he's a great X and O guy . Especially on O.

Remember who we have in our division. The Pats. Hire another Fairchild, we'll be their ***** til the next decade.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• historypete
            • Feb 2005

Re: I hope Dick has no say about the next OC.

I think the O-Coordinator is either Schonert or Van Pelt. I'd by far and away would chose Van Pelt. There is a reason why Schonert has been coaching for 13 years and has never been promoted.

Comment

• Billzz
              • Sep 2003

you mean you haven't learned anything since we nickle and dimed our coaches since Marv left? Wow, you're bound to repeat the same mistakes that way.

Don't get me wrong, I like Jauron. Just don't think he's a great X and O guy . Especially on O.
              But like you said after Marv left, he is back and in a seat of power in the FO.

I have blind faith in that regard, yes. I really feel for our system and current QB or whoever it ends up being will benefit from this change and the correct person will be chosen for the Bills.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

But like you said after Marv left, he is back and in a seat of power in the FO.

I have blind faith in that regard, yes. I really feel for our system and current QB or whoever it ends up being will benefit from this change and the correct person will be chosen for the Bills.
                Marv wasn't all that either . Kelly made him look better by calling the plays on the field.

Just like Dick, he brought out the best in his players with motivation. Just wasn't an awsome X and O guy. Marv's Bills would've been owned by todays PAts.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• Billzz
                  • Sep 2003

Marv wasn't all that either . Kelly made him look better by calling the plays on the field.

Just like Dick, he brought out the best in his players with motivation. Just wasn't an awsome X and O guy. Marv's Bills would've been owned by todays PAts.
                  Not sure what that has to do with us picking a OC for next season but I will give it to you on pure principle alone, the Pats comment.

Manning calls alot of audibles as well so maybe we just get a QB who can call plays and skip the whole OC thing.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Not sure what that has to do with us picking a OC for next season but I will give it to you on pure principle alone, the Pats comment.

Manning calls alot of audibles as well so maybe we just get a QB who can call plays and skip the whole OC thing.

Peyton and Kelly are rare. Well Flutie was a good field general bt he was too short. Hire another Fairchild, he'll stop the qb's from thinking for themselves. "let's play conservative to develop our qb".THat's BS. All Fairchild did was baby the qb's so he can control them. What an idiot.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• Billzz
                      • Sep 2003

Peyton and Kelly are rare. Well Flutie was a good field general bt he was too short. Hire another Fairchild, he'll stop the qb's from thinking for themselves. "let's play conservative to develop our qb".THat's BS. All Fairchild did was baby the qb's so he can control them. What an idiot.
                      He did not let either utilize their full skill sets, agree. Not sure if it is a control factor like you say, but a more vertical passing game or atleast more 20+ attempts per game is a need. Just have to believe at this point the correct man for the job will be chosen and prosper in our organization.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

He did not let either utilize their full skill sets, agree. Not sure if it is a control factor like you say, but a more vertical passing game or atleast more 20+ attempts per game is a need. Just have to believe at this point the correct man for the job will be chosen and prosper in our organization.
                        a real OC would've come up with schemes that best fits his qb. The players have *****ed about his playcalling and they were justified yesterday.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Re: I hope Dick has no say about the next OC.

Give me a break. He had a QB in Chicago that was 5x as bad as JP.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                            • Jul 2002

Marv will have us running the Wing-T again if he gets involved.
                            My Band
                            daveviterna.com

Comment

• Billzz
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                              Marv will have us running the Wing-T again if he gets involved.
                              Actually the Single Wing would work quite well against today's defense's. Don't count it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X