PDA

View Full Version : Roscoe and Lynch

mchurchfie
12-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Why are we not getting these two more involved in the passing game. They both have homerun capabilty everytime they touch the ball. I can't remember any time where I have seen Lynch get the ball in the air more than two times a game. They never move Roscoe around to spring him open. What a ****ing waste. Fairchild can't get out of town quick enough IMO.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 12:23 PM
We can't even get Evans involved against the worse D in the league .

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 12:24 PM
I think Roscoe's height limits the routes he can run, but it's Fairchild's job to get him involved more.

As far as Lynch, I just don't get it. When he was out, Fred Jackson was heavily involved in the passing game. In college, Lynch frequently caught passes out of the backfield so it makes no sense that the Bills would use Jackson but not Lynch in this manner.

I think you answered your own question: Fairchild's a waste.

Billzz
12-17-2007, 12:25 PM
We can't even get Evans involved against the worse D in the league .

He had his chances.

cocamide
12-17-2007, 12:27 PM
I agree. It took them about 12 games to realize Fred Jackson's pretty damn good. How did the fans realize this after a couple preseason games? Football isn't rocket science. You play to your strengths and to your opponent's weaknesses. Billichek isn't a genius for winning football games, but because so many other coaches make it look so damn hard, he appears as though he has an intelligence superior to everyone else.

mchurchfie
12-17-2007, 12:40 PM
He had his chances.
He was in single coverage quite a bit yesterday and he wasn't handling the weather well at all.

Billzz
12-17-2007, 12:43 PM
He was in single coverage quite a bit yesterday and he wasn't handling the weather well at all.

Don't tell Justa

bigbub2352
12-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Offensive cordinator has a lot to do with that, why wasnt Lynch in the game at the end why was Fred jackson?

these are the coaching decisions that lose games for u
Fairchild dont let the door hit u on the way out, if u want take DJ with u i doubt anyone would truly care
Both are sad

RockStar36
12-17-2007, 01:37 PM
I think Roscoe's height limits the routes he can run, but it's Fairchild's job to get him involved more.

As far as Lynch, I just don't get it. When he was out, Fred Jackson was heavily involved in the passing game. In college, Lynch frequently caught passes out of the backfield so it makes no sense that the Bills would use Jackson but not Lynch in this manner.

I think you answered your own question: Fairchild's a waste.

Not that it was a good call by any means but...

Why run a reverse with Josh Reed instead of Parrish?

Even if it isn't in the passing game, they need to get the ball into Parrish's hands more often.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 01:39 PM
He had his chances.
and you have to keep giving your best players his chances.

Just to agree with those full of excuses, I blame the snow for Evans' drops. ;)

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Don't tell Justa

Pssst, Don't tell PAtrick777 and Bf1. It was the fault of the elements.

Billzz
12-17-2007, 01:55 PM
and you have to keep giving your best players his chances.

Just to agree with those full of excuses, I blame the snow for Evans' drops. ;)

It wasn't snowing on one of them, haha.

Billzz
12-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Pssst, Don't tell PAtrick777 and Bf1. It was the fault of the elements.

Been trying to keep it under wraps but I do believe the cat is officially out of the bag now.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 01:57 PM
It wasn't snowing on one of them, haha.

but the field was slippery. Thats why we still couldn't run when it stopped snowing.

Billzz
12-17-2007, 01:58 PM
but the field was slippery. Thats why we still couldn't run when it stopped snowing.

Did he have snow on his gloves? Maybe he was making a snowman on the sideline before the O went out and didn't properly clean them, YEA that's the ticket!

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Did he have snow on his gloves? Maybe he was making a snowman on the sideline before the O went out and didn't properly clean them, YEA that's the ticket!

I argued with people regarding the drafting of Trent. I was all for it based on value. We got our value. I still like him but I won't put an entire season on his shoulders.

Billzz
12-17-2007, 02:03 PM
I argued with people regarding the drafting of Trent. I still like him but I won't put an entire season on his shoulders.

I really don't think anyone is. He is an unproven commidity but does show some signs that we have not seen from QB's in a bit. He has the reigns until this year is over barring injury.

Next year will be exciting and competition will be brought in to hopefully push and train TE if they choose him to be the starter, or replace him because of better play on the field.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 02:22 PM
I really don't think anyone is. He is an unproven commidity but does show some signs that we have not seen from QB's in a bit. He has the reigns until this year is over barring injury.

Next year will be exciting and competition will be brought in to hopefully push and train TE if they choose him to be the starter, or replace him because of better play on the field.
the same should be handed to JP since we all know he never had an OL nor an OC. I mean, Moolarkey and Fairchild? Bennie Anderson, Preston , Tutan Reyes and Pennington?

Billzz
12-17-2007, 02:30 PM
the same should be handed to JP since we all know he never had an OL nor an OC. I mean, Moolarkey and Fairchild? Bennie Anderson, Preston , Tutan Reyes and Pennington?

I do not control that, nor does anyone here. Not sure what to tell you besides they feel he has had his chances and TE is the better option for the future. I feel TE is the better option based off performances this year and overall consitentcy which is critical for a QB, this year only.

TE's play may not be fantastic, he might not have the flash in his game that JP does with taking shots down field, but he dosen't take sacks or turn the ball over needlessly.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 02:40 PM
TE's play may not be fantastic, he might not have the flash in his game that JP does with taking shots down field, but he dosen't take sacks or turn the ball over needlessly.

but at least JP can score points in a very ugly manner.

Is looking good more important than scoring points?

mchurchfie
12-17-2007, 02:55 PM
but at least JP can score points in a very ugly manner.

No he can't otherwise he would still be starting. JP has multitudes of chances, time to move on.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 03:06 PM
JP has multitudes of chances,.what kind of chances are you gonna get with Moolarkey and Fairchild and no OL?

time to move on. I agree. Our season is over. Hopefully we get soemone with a brain and we won't waste Trent like we did JP with bad coaching.