X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Can we be realistic....

Why is it everytime we lose a game everyone starts trashing our QB, HC and OC? It makes abosolutely no sense and just proves that all this criticism is just emotionally charged after losses and the same goes for all the Rah Rah stuff that happens after a win.

Let's just deal with the facts about the Bills....

This is a team that has major limitations that cant be overcome with great coaching and play calling.

Offensively we have 2 playmakers and thats it. Thats not enough in the NFL and everyone on this board knows that but we continue day after day to ask questions of our OC and play calling. Im sorry but Lee Evans, Parrish and Reed and Royal is not an adequate receiving corps. If you count, thats ONE receiving threat, ONE! What team in the NFL has ever been successful that way?? NONE!

Also we have a brand new OL that is starting to gel but is not there yet.

And although I really like what I see from Edwards he hasnt reached a level where he has become a play maker and he never will become that until he is surrounded with legitimate targets.

All in all I believe we have good systems in place on both sides of the ball and with one more off-season we can solve all of our problems but until then whats the point of playing the blame game when its clear where the problem lies.

BTW Cleveland was able to run the ball because they were able to get their other weapons involved in the game. Thats 2 extremely solid and BIG outside receivers and one of the best TEs in the game who is a match up nightmare for any defense yet we still held them to 2 FGs. In turn Cleveland was happy to put everyone in the box and dare us to throw to our undersized WRs and TEs who can hardly catch.

Can we please just be realistic about things and think like GMs and football ppl instead of emotional fans. The fact is we havent beaten any top tier teams yet and honestly until our team has the right personnel any win we do get is a real bonus and just shows that although we may not beat the good teams just yet were getting there and we will always compete even if its short-handed. Im just happy to see where this team is going, that theyre always prepared and that they compete hard....... For now.....

Go Bills!
  • Billzz
    • Sep 2003

Re: Can we be realistic....

Sorry I only made it to deal with the facts and stopped reading.

Point is pretty much everyone else will also, just saying.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

The playcalling sucked all year winning or losing

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Our QB played poorly yesterday. He should be criticized for it. Calling for him to be benched/cut/replaced is a bit extreme, but there is reason for concern and a Plan B is a smart idea, not a bad one.

Fairchild has been gutless and predictable with his playcalling since he got here. Yeah, he may not have the talent to open up the O like the Colts or the Pats or previous incarnations of the Rams, but that's no excuse for running the same damn play 3 times in a row, that awful call on the reverse, not even TRYING to move the ball with three TO's left at the end of the first half, not trying to throw 8-11 yard passes like the Browns were doing to back the D off, etc. And how do you explain the failure to incorporate Lynch into the passing game?

And as far as always competing, we got blown out by Jacksonville, Pittsburgh and NE twice. We don't always compete.

Jauron was the wrong choice from the beginning. He had a horrific record in Chicago and has only been mediocre here. Every time this team has faced a real challenge- NE, Pittsburgh after the Everrett deal, Dallas on Monday Night, NE on Sunday Night, Jacksonville, Cleveland with the playoffs on the line- the team has buckled. We needed ONE play to beat Denver or beat Dallas or stay in the Cleveland game, and we couldn't get it. But Jauron's now some great coach? For getting us 16 losses in two seasons?
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• njsue
          Jersey Girl!!!!!!
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
          Our QB played poorly yesterday. He should be criticized for it. Calling for him to be benched/cut/replaced is a bit extreme, but there is reason for concern and a Plan B is a smart idea, not a bad one.

Fairchild has been gutless and predictable with his playcalling since he got here. Yeah, he may not have the talent to open up the O like the Colts or the Pats or previous incarnations of the Rams, but that's no excuse for running the same damn play 3 times in a row, that awful call on the reverse, not even TRYING to move the ball with three TO's left at the end of the first half, not trying to throw 8-11 yard passes like the Browns were doing to back the D off, etc. And how do you explain the failure to incorporate Lynch into the passing game?

And as far as always competing, we got blown out by Jacksonville, Pittsburgh and NE twice. We don't always compete.

Jauron was the wrong choice from the beginning. He had a horrific record in Chicago and has only been mediocre here. Every time this team has faced a real challenge- NE, Pittsburgh after the Everrett deal, Dallas on Monday Night, NE on Sunday Night, Jacksonville, Cleveland with the playoffs on the line- the team has buckled. We needed ONE play to beat Denver or beat Dallas or stay in the Cleveland game, and we couldn't get it. But Jauron's now some great coach? For getting us 16 losses in two seasons?
          Trent Edwards did his job yesterday with some passes that should have been caught. Those passes were on the money.

The personel that should have caught the darn balls you all point the fingers too.

Plus Steve Fairchild game planned lousy once again.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by njsue
            Trent Edwards did his job yesterday with some passes that should have been caught. Those passes were on the money.

The personel that should have caught the darn balls you all point the fingers too.

Plus Steve Fairchild game planned lousy once again.
            why is it that you mention the ones that could have been caught but forget about all the ones that were nowhere near on target? Edwards did NOT play well yesterday. I don't know why so many people are making excuses for the guy.

I've criticized Gaines and Evans for their drops in other threads, including my article on the main page.

And I agree on Fairchild- I can't wait til we get him out of town.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• shelby
              The Vanilla *****
              • Jul 2002

There are too many threads bashing a rookie QB.

People should consider letting the loss sink in for a day or two before they post their thoughts sometimes.

There's enough bickering going on in this forum that i'm ready to send some cranky children to their rooms for a much-needed nap.

Comment

• njsue
                Jersey Girl!!!!!!
                • Sep 2003

why is it that you mention the ones that could have been caught but forget about all the ones that were nowhere near on target? Edwards did NOT play well yesterday. I don't know why so many people are making excuses for the guy.

I've criticized Gaines and Evans for their drops in other threads, including my article on the main page.

And I agree on Fairchild- I can't wait til we get him out of town.
                Who can play perfectly in a blizzard with high winds and blowing snow?

Time to focus on the giants game. I am past this already.

GO BILLS CRUSH THE OVERRATED GIANTS.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by shelby
                  There are too many threads bashing a rookie QB.

People should consider letting the loss sink in for a day or two before they post their thoughts sometimes.

There's enough bickering going on in this forum that i'm ready to send some cranky children to their rooms for a much-needed nap.
                  WHO CARES IF HE'S A ROOKIE!?!?!?!

His passes still need to be on target and a lot of them aren't.

There are too many people posting excuses for a bad performance- just admit he had a bad game and move on.

What is happening to Bills fans? We score ZERO points and everyone jumps up to defend the QB. It defies logic.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Who can play perfectly in a blizzard with high winds and blowing snow?

Time to focus on the giants game. I am past this already.

GO BILLS CRUSH THE OVERRATED GIANTS.
                    if you're over it why are you still making excuses for him?
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• njsue
                      Jersey Girl!!!!!!
                      • Sep 2003

if you're over it why are you still making excuses for him?
                      I know this :

1. Trent edwards is a rookie that needs to grow with more playing experience.

2. This bills team needs 2 more years to build up in free agency/draft picks to be a real deal playoff team.

3. The playcalling has been lousy all year.

4. They have a good chance to win sunday's game as the Giants are very much banged up and have once again have quit on their coach. Their secondary is the pitts.

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
                        • Sep 2007

I know this :

1. Trent edwards is a rookie that needs to grow with more playing experience.

2. This bills team needs 2 more years to build up in free agency/draft picks to be a real deal playoff team.

3. The playcalling has been lousy all year.

4. They have a good chance to win sunday's game as the Giants are very much banged up and have once again have quit on their coach. Their secondary is the pitts.

Clevelands secondary isnt exactly good either but we made them look good yesterday. The Giants game is going to be tough because they got one of the best d-lines in the game. This is a good test for Trent. Lets see how prepared this team is after losing the most important game of the season.
                        To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

I give up.... some ppl just dont understand the principle that your play calling will be ineffective if you dont have the personnel. Its like asking a mentally disabled person to score 1300 on a SAT test, it just wont happen. Theres simply too many things that our offense is incapable of executing. We see it every game week in and week out yet we keep blaming the play-calling which is senseless IMO.

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
                            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Mahdi
                            I give up.... some ppl just dont understand the principle that your play calling will be ineffective if you dont have the personnel. Its like asking a mentally disabled person to score 1300 on a SAT test, it just wont happen. Theres simply too many things that our offense is incapable of executing. We see it every game week in and week out yet we keep blaming the play-calling which is senseless IMO.
                            Then it is the OCs job to call plays that are strenghths to our personnel. For example running a reverse with Josh Reed instead of Roscoe Parrish. Does that make sense.
                            To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Owen DeBoard
                              Then it is the OCs job to call plays that are strenghths to our personnel. For example running a reverse with Josh Reed instead of Roscoe Parrish. Does that make sense.
                              So you think one reverse is going to change everything for our offense,,, and actually i prefer Parrish on a reverse. And again the strengths of our personnel are irrelevant. Parrish and Reed are both underneath guys that dont command much attention, you cant just throw underneath all day to those guys. Evantually defenses will realize that defending us is easy. All you have to do really is condense the field on us and were finished. No one to stretch the field opposite Lee, no one to stretch the middle of the field like a TE for instance and while they shut down our short passing game which is our strength and play one safety high over Lee they shut down our run game at the same time. Its pretty simple for any DC to figure out.

Comment

Working...
                              X