PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss something?

SabreEleven
12-17-2007, 02:54 PM
I haven't read all threads so I'm not sure this was brought up...How come the clock didn't stop when Evans (it was Evans, right?) went out of bounds at the 50 on the last drive? Was it the refs mistake or is a rule that I don't know about? I've been watch football a lot of years. The clock always stops when you go out of bounds.

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Chern said that if a player's forward progress is stopped in bounds then the clock keeps running, even if they're pushed out.

Still, I think it was the wrong call- looked to me like Reed was pushed out as soon as he made the catch and didn't even try to resist because he knew he had to get out of bounds.

I'd be a lot more pissed if I thought it mattered, but we turned it over on downs with enough time for a couple more plays (if we had converted) anyway so it really didn't matter in the long run.

MikeInRoch
12-17-2007, 03:06 PM
I've seen it called before the same way it was yesterday, so it wasn't a complete shock to me.

Mr. Miyagi
12-17-2007, 03:09 PM
It think it was Josh Reed, and no it didn't matter anyway. We didn't run out of time. We ran out of downs. :(

SabreEleven
12-17-2007, 03:51 PM
If we ran out of downs, that play cost us a down but it just meant one less play of ineptness

Mr. Pink
12-17-2007, 03:53 PM
That play has been called like that all year.

Reed's forward progress was ruled stopped inbounds, hence why the clock kept going. Also why the ball was placed at the 50 and not the 48, I'm guesstimating based on how he was pushed backwards.