PDA

View Full Version : I heard the Miami-Baltimore game on the radio yesterday

Mr. Miyagi
12-17-2007, 03:07 PM
When the Fish scored that TD in OT, you would swear the announcers thought they just won the SuperBowl. If the Bills hadn't lost on the same day I'd say it's hilarious.

"THE DOLPHINS WIN!!! THE DOLPHINS WIN!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!! WE'RE OUT OF THE HISTORY BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 03:08 PM
The TV announcers were pretty much the same way.

And Huizenga was crying. That's quite a feat- even when they win, they still reduce their owner to tears.

Mr. Miyagi
12-17-2007, 03:11 PM
It was a terrible football day for me.

The Bills out of playoffs
The Dolphins broke their losing streak
The Patriots won again
I lost in my fantasy playoffs

I'm taking the week off of football. :mad:

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 03:17 PM
It was a terrible football day for me.

The Bills out of playoffs
The Dolphins broke their losing streak
The Patriots won again
I lost in my fantasy playoffs

I'm taking the week off of football. :mad:

yeah I'm with you on the first three with the last one pending- I need 9 points out of the Vikings D to stay alive in FF :ill:

Mr. Miyagi
12-17-2007, 03:19 PM
yeah I'm with you on the first three with the last one pending- I need 9 points out of the Vikings D to stay alive in FF :ill:
It could happen. That D scores quite a bit, especially with Kyle (WHO?) Orton starting.

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 03:20 PM
It could happen. That D scores quite a bit, especially with Kyle (WHO?) Orton starting.

yeah they've torn it up for me a couple times this year.

OpIv37
12-17-2007, 03:22 PM
the worst part is that I'd be leading if I had played Garrard instead of McNabb, but I figured Garrard would have a bad game in Pittsburgh against that D with bad weather. That's probably why I rarely even get this far in fantasy.

Mr. Miyagi
12-17-2007, 03:26 PM
the worst part is that I'd be leading if I had played Garrard instead of McNabb, but I figured Garrard would have a bad game in Pittsburgh against that D with bad weather. That's probably why I rarely even get this far in fantasy.
Well I had a lock to advance yesterday with Peyton Manning and Addai against a terrible Oakland team. I had Westbrook and Witten in a supposed high scoring game. I had Burress against a bad Skins D primetime and Evans against a league-worst Cleveland D.

Well Manning and Addai combined ONE touchdown. Dallas-Philly game ended 10-6. Burress and Evans sucked. I had my season lowest score yesterday.

:(

!Papacrunk!
12-17-2007, 03:27 PM
lol at this thread. This thread reminds me that sometimes some fans need to get over themselves. Not naming names, just some fans

Mr. Miyagi
12-17-2007, 03:30 PM
lol at this thread. This thread reminds me that sometimes some fans need to get over themselves. Not naming names, just some fans
You guys must be just so proud of yourselves.

!Papacrunk!
12-17-2007, 03:36 PM
You guys must be just so proud of yourselves.
You won't get me down, it was a fun win. You guys should be proud, you swept us, skirted with playoff chances, but both of our teams will be watching the playoffs from their couches. WE've just been on that couch long enough that our arese are imprinted on the thing. Looks like both of our teams have added yet ANOTHER year w/o going to the playoffs, but you guys are getting in the right direction.

Mr. Miyagi
12-17-2007, 03:48 PM
How does it get better from here on for Miami?

Beck is clearly not the future.
Neither is Lemon.
OL still needs to be overhauled.
Will Ronnie Brown be healthy?
Still needs WRs - Booker getting old, Ginn is raw, lost Chambers
Defense is not getting any younger
Cameron is not gaining confidence of anyone.

Lots of work to do yet.

LtFinFan66
12-17-2007, 03:52 PM
You guys must be just so proud of yourselves.We are, thanks for caring

LtFinFan66
12-17-2007, 03:52 PM
How does it get better from here on for Miami?

Beck is clearly not the future.
Neither is Lemon.
OL still needs to be overhauled.
Will Ronnie Brown be healthy?
Still needs WRs - Booker getting old, Ginn is raw, lost Chambers
Defense is not getting any younger
Cameron is not gaining confidence of anyone.

Lots of work to do yet.Don't write Beck off yet

cocamide
12-17-2007, 03:53 PM

I've got a similar situation, but I need only 6 points. Go Vikings! My new favorite team. j/j

Mr. Miyagi
12-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Don't write Beck off yet
So now that the Fish finally won a game, will Beck be thrown back in there to gain experience?

LtFinFan66
12-17-2007, 04:03 PM
I don't see him playing in NE next week but wouldn't be surprised to see him in against the Bengals the last week

!Papacrunk!
12-17-2007, 05:14 PM
also the o-line is better than advertised. Samson Satele has been such a great rookie at center, Hadnot has been a great leader of the line, Vernon Carey has been solid (maybe not overly spetacular, but not as bad as others had predicted) even Shelton Benjamin has been playing pretty smart. I could see the team adding another tackle, maybe another guard to add some flexiblity in the line, but the o-line has been one of the bright spots this season--and a helluva lot cheaper than other's. Cough.

In this knee jerk worl we call fandom, I wouldn't rule Beck out at all. I am a fan of drafting a QB every year like Greenbay and other teams have done in the past, but we'll have to see if one of those high picks will be used on one.

The really assuring thing is that even though there is a lot of work (earth shattering revelation of an 1-13 team) a reassuring thing is that the Dolphins will have some very good cap space, and at least 10 picks (4 I think are first day.) That won't necesarilly instantly fix everything, but it will sure help.

As far as Cameron, I'm not writing him off. I really think he needs to get an OC to help with the calls, but the team needs continuity, also they need to send Mularkey packing. Just him being at the facilities isn't a good thing.

bills&sabresmvf
12-17-2007, 05:45 PM
That's a call you expected. I mean imagine not being able to have an orgasm for like a month. You finally get one, you explode. They FINALLY won a game. You gotta be happy for them, even though they are the Miami Dolphins.