PDA

View Full Version : I only hope...

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-17-2007, 04:45 PM
My wish for Christmas is that Trent Edwards has 2 good games to close out the season.. why? you ask....... heres why....

So I dont have to listen to 8 frekin' months of this qb crap we've been hashing over for 4 years!
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Michael82
12-17-2007, 04:48 PM
I hope so too. He needs to have two more good games to prove to us that we have our QB of the future. Right now, I'm not so convinced. But if he puts up some points and does decently with passing in the cold, crappy weather in the next 2 games, I will be happy. :up:

RedEyE
12-17-2007, 05:00 PM
It is kind of ridiculous.

Yesterday's game was the 3rd in NFL history in which neither team scored a a touchdown or made an interception. The other two were the Bills and Indy 9-6, and Pat's win at Miami, 6-3.

The ball bounced Cleveland's way. 49 yard field goal in blizzard conditions, the bounce off of Edwards to Jeravicious, just a to name a few.

LtBillsFan66
12-17-2007, 05:06 PM
It is kind of ridiculous.

Yesterday's game was the 3rd in NFL history in which neither team scored a a touchdown or made an interception. The other two were the Bills and Indy 9-6, and Pat's win at Miami, 6-3.

The ball bounced Cleveland's way. 49 yard field goal in blizzard conditions, the bounce off of Edwards to Jeravicious, just a to name a few.

:bf1:

Only hatred of Trent or undying love for JP would make anyone see otherwise.

hydro
12-17-2007, 05:17 PM
:bf1:

Only hatred of Trent or undying love for JP would make anyone see otherwise.
But but... trent lost us the game...

We so should have put JP in! You never know he just might have won us the game. Then all of his bandwagoners could take a collective sigh of relief because he won't be gone next year so we can have a another year of QB controversy.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 05:19 PM
But but... trent lost us the game...

We so should have put JP in! You never know he just might have won us the game. Then all of his bandwagoners could take a collective sigh of relief because he won't be gone next year so we can have a another year of QB controversy.
better a controversy than a season ending game loss. I'm a team fan first. You sound like a Trent fan first.

The King
12-17-2007, 05:21 PM
We are facing two solid D's too. PLus I would love to beat TKO to end the season.

hydro
12-17-2007, 05:22 PM
better a controversy than a season ending game loss. I'm a team fan first. You sound like a Trent fan first.
Yeah, QB controversy for this team hasn't really been the reason for our 8 years playoff drought or anything. :rolleyes:

SquishDaFish
12-17-2007, 05:23 PM
NOONE in their right mind was or is calling for JP. He is done as a Bill PERIOD! But stop annointing Trent Edwards as a savior and the QB for years to come. He hasnt proven that yet. But he is young and getting his time to hopefully become that. Get Fairchild the **** out of here and get an OC that will use TE strengths and see if he is something for the next 5-6 years.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Yeah, QB controversy for this team hasn't really been the reason for our 8 years playoff drought or anything. :rolleyes:
I would still rather be fighting for a playoff spot next sunday to go with a qb controversy than to be where we are now.We could've sorted out the qb thing in the offseason. I'm a team fan first.

hydro
12-17-2007, 05:26 PM
NOONE in their right mind was or is calling for JP. He is done as a Bill PERIOD! But stop annointing Trent Edwards as a savior and the QB for years to come. He hasnt proven that yet. But he is young and getting his time to hopefully become that. Get Fairchild the **** out of here and get an OC that will use TE strengths and see if he is something for the next 5-6 years.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=142013

I guess you didn't see this thread :rofl:

I have never said that i believe Trent is the QB of the FUTURE! I just want to give him a chance.

Billzz
12-17-2007, 05:33 PM
I would still rather be fighting for a playoff spot next sunday to go with a qb controversy than to be where we are now.We could've sorted out the qb thing in the offseason. I'm a team fan first.

Then as a team first guy you realize a qb carousle is the last thing we need as a TEAM regardless of the situation.

That being said throwing JP in the game on a whim, which is exactly what it would of been if he was put in, does not gurantee a win.

Hindsight is 20/20 even though you where clammering for him to be inserted in the game for the second half. You where not alone in your quest for getting JP in the game though which forced me to place numerous people on ignore, which is a first.

Everyone wants a winning team but there are certain things that would of comprimsed not only the teams focus, but also the coaching staff's ability to be looked at by the players as competent.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 05:35 PM
Then as a team first guy you realize a qb carousle is the last thing we need as a TEAM regardless of the situation.

That being said throwing JP in the game on a whim, which is exactly what it would of been if he was put in, does not gurantee a win.

Hindsight is 20/20 even though you where clammering for him to be inserted in the game for the second half. You where not alone in your quest for getting JP in the game though which forced me to place numerous people on ignore, which is a first.

Everyone wants a winning team but there are certain things that would of comprimsed not only the teams focus, but also the coaching staff's ability to be looked at by the players as competent.
as long as the TEAM is still in the playoffs hunt I couldn't care less how the qb's feel. Next year is next year. I'm all for winning now.

It's all moot though. We stuck with what wasn't working so , our season is over.

shelby
12-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Keith, excellent post.

bf1 and justa, i split your bickering :bs: out of this thread. Stay on topic and save the bickering to PM's.

SquishDaFish
12-17-2007, 05:37 PM
WOW I didnt read the game thread and now im thankful I didnt. The only thing anyone who should of been crying for is Edwards removing the gloves. JP wouldnt of done **** either

hydro
12-17-2007, 05:43 PM
WOW I didnt read the game thread and now im thankful I didnt. The only thing anyone who should of been crying for is Edwards removing the gloves. JP wouldnt of done **** either

Exactly what i was saying. Thank you! :bf1:

Bufftp
12-17-2007, 05:46 PM
Lets be honest even when Trent was Lucky enough to get the Bills into field goal range, Dick was to chicken to try for it, unlike Cleveland.

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Keith, excellent post.

bf1 and justa, i split your bickering :bs: out of this thread. Stay on topic and save the bickering to PM's.
I never called anyone out.

shelby
12-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Not my point.
Do as i say or face the consequences.:whip:

justasportsfan
12-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Not my point.
Do as i say or face the consequences.:whip:
I did nothing wrong.

shelby
12-17-2007, 06:00 PM
Good god man i just spent ten minutes moving assorted crap out of assorted threads.
i didn't accuse you of doing anything wrong. i simply split out the unrelated bickering you and bf1 were engaging in.
If it's an issue feel free to PM an Admin. i'm going to watch Pirates 3 and take a break from babysitting.
:wave:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-17-2007, 06:02 PM
:blah:Justa, it's just getting old, thats all. It just never ends and you keep beating this dead horse
:xmas: