I'm a realist and I'm pretty proud of this team!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I'm a realist and I'm pretty proud of this team!!

The team got a bad break yesterday losing a game that was completly dictated by weather conditions that I hadn't seen since OJ ran the ball at the rock pile.

I think the Browns proved that they have big sized weapons which ultimately trumps our big hearts.

All of that aside I think this team is finally on their way. Most of us remember where we were at the end of last season trying to figure out how we were going to replace Nate, Spikes, Fletcher, and McGahee.

I'm cautiosly optimistic. I think Trent will finish strong and I think we will go into the off-season with some nice anchors in place.

Alot to be excited about in the opinion of a realist.
  • Billzz
    • Sep 2003

Re: I'm a realist and I'm pretty proud of this team!!

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    The team got a bad break yesterday losing a game that was completly dictated by weather conditions that I hadn't seen since OJ ran the ball at the rock pile.

I think the Browns proved that they have big sized weapons which ultimately trumps our big hearts.

All of that aside I think this team is finally on their way. Most of us remember where we were at the end of last season trying to figure out how we were going to replace Nate, Spikes, Fletcher, and McGahee.

I'm cautiosly optimistic. I think Trent will finish strong and I think we will go into the off-season with some nice anchors in place.

Alot to be excited about in the opinion of a realist.
    Your so gonna get drug down with facts and stats you will wish you never posted this. Prepare to be inundated with crap so deep it will take you weeks to dig your way out!

How dare you be happy with a medicore .500 season!
    How can you be happy when our coaches are obviously in need of being FIRED!
    How can you sit back and just accept our performance in a almost playoff game in a losing effort in conditions that may never be seen AGAIN in these players lifetime!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN GET A GRIP BEFORE IT'S TO LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

haha! I actually feel the same way. Weird.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Billzz
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        haha! I actually feel the same way. Weird.
        QUICK! run to your medicine cabinet and grab a thermometer, your coming down with something!

That's all your gonna post? Your letting me down Justa.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billzz
          QUICK! run to your medicine cabinet and grab a thermometer, your coming down with something!

That's all your gonna post? Your letting me down Justa.
          I just don't go around acting like Trent is the next best thing since sliced bread. I am as cautiously optimistic with Trent as I was with JP. If that makes me a JP licker then so be it.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• Bone
            Bone
            • Oct 2006

I feel the exact same way Hurricane, you know the 10th year is a charm..
            BILLIEVE

Comment

• Billzz
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              I just don't go around acting like Trent is the next best thing since sliced bread. I am as cautiously optimistic with Trent as I was with JP. If that makes me a JP licker then so be it.
              Just busting ya balls Justa!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                • Jan 2004

I'm pretty realistic too... and I still see a team weak in the secondary, with no DL to stop the run, 2 overpaid DL's that couldn't sack a bag of groceries, an OL that still can't run block, and a bunch of undersized WR's that can't get open and often drop balls. Oh yeah, no TE's either.

Given all the circumstances, this season has been a HUGE surprise, because even if this franchise was 100% healthy they'd still be a .500 team at best.

And my realism leads me to believe nothing will be done in FA to address ANY of these issues... unless you're looking for depth/3rd stringer.

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                Replace "Trent" with "JP" and you have just rehashed everybody's statements from the past 2 seasons. Unless this Front Office makes some drastic changes on both lines we shall continue to be f'd in the a.

Comment

• Billzz
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman
                  I'm pretty realistic too... and I still see a team weak in the secondary, with no DL to stop the run, 2 overpaid DL's that couldn't sack a bag of groceries, an OL that still can't run block, and a bunch of undersized WR's that can't get open and often drop balls. Oh yeah, no TE's either.

Given all the circumstances, this season has been a HUGE surprise, because even if this franchise was 100% healthy they'd still be a .500 team at best.

And my realism leads me to believe nothing will be done in FA to address ANY of these issues... unless you're looking for depth/3rd stringer.

Replace "Trent" with "JP" and you have just rehashed everybody's statements from the past 2 seasons. Unless this Front Office makes some drastic changes on both lines we shall continue to be f'd in the a.
                  D-line I will give you has really played sub par since we got rid of the big boys in the middle, which mind you still play for very good defense's.

O-line I think has played fairly well over last year and will continue to improve into next year.

We need a money guy to throw the ball to. Wether it is a high draft WR or TE preferably both via FA and draft is fine with me. 3 really solid WR's coming out in the draft we will have a shot at atleast 1.

How can we not address our problem areas with great cap room and a ton of draft picks? Even if we trade down to get more picks we will still pick up quality young character guys to fit our system.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Billzz

How can we not address our problem areas with great cap room and a ton of draft picks?
                    they will through the draft, and that's walking a thin line considering you're entire draft could be full of busts (though i'll give marv levy credit has past 2 drafts have been good for this franchise). this team never does anything in free agency... i'll continue to say that til they prove me wrong. unless you count signing scrubs and depth guys as 'improvement'

the OL has played well in pass protection, but in run blocking they have sucked all season and shown no signs of improving. i think mcnally is way overrated.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

all that shows is that our no name starters are no better than our no name back ups.

We're setting the bar way too low.

How much longer before the homers allow us to expect results? This mediocrity **** is really getting old.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

the OL has played well in pass protection, but in run blocking they have sucked all season and shown no signs of improving. i think mcnally is way overrated.
                        Word. Bunch of fat lard asses who can't push any DL back because they can barely carry their own weight which actually works in their favor in pass blocking.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          How much longer before the homers allow us to expect results? This mediocrity **** is really getting old.
                          Apparently , I'm no longer a homer these days so don't expect any arguments from me towards your opinions.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                            • Jan 2004

pretty much. anybody that's played the game knows that you can have all the meat you want on the line, but if they can't move their own bodies then they're worthless. sometimes bigger isn't better. the pass blocking IS a product of their size beacause their size alone cuts the rush/running lanes. run blocking you need a ton of mobility.

i didn't set the bar, this franchise did by not getting enough impact players on either side of the ball. i didn't think this would be a .500 team at the beginning of the season anyways. does that make me happy as a fan? ABSOLUTELY NOT. no playoffs since '99 is an embarassment of epic proportions, but i'm not in the FO so what can i do?

considering how many guys we had go on IR, a guy almost dying on the field in the first game, and 2 games lost on bad coaching, it could have been far worse. it wasn't that long ago we were planning on having the #1 overall pick.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

all that shows is that our no name starters are no better than our no name back ups.

Op, I agree that the drought has been ridiculously too long and nobody should expect or accept the current state of affairs. With that said TD screwed this team up trying to build a quick winner through FA and dramatic drafts.

I have taken over businesses in trouble and it takes a while to fix them even after you clean out the garbage employess, etc.

The proof of what this organization is made of will be this off-season. I will hold final judgement til than. This off-season will pretty much decide if we are .500 again or serious about the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X