PDA

View Full Version : Top Free Agents

Bill Brasky
12-18-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm sure there's a thread about it somewhere, but does anybody have a list of the top free agents this year? I don't have time to research.

RockStar36
12-18-2007, 11:34 AM
I have no clue how accurate this is...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

hydro
12-18-2007, 11:35 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=141412&highlight=2008+Free+Agents

Ed
12-18-2007, 11:37 AM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

I just found this website doing a quick google search. I haven't read through it yet, but it looks pretty good. Rates the top prospects at each position and talks about them.

Ed
12-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Rockstar beat me to it.

Billzz
12-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Anderson will never be an option. The Browns have some clause where they can slap a retainer on him basically reserving the right to sign him at their lesiure.

As much as it hurts Daunte appears to be about the best IMO.

Bryant Johnson, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
Johnson could fly under the radar this season, but those in the know consider him quite talented. He’s overshadowed by star receivers Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin, but Johnson runs great routes, has good hands, and at 6’3” his size makes him an appealing option. He’s caught at least 35 passes in each of his four seasons, including 49 receptions in 2004, and has a touchdown scored in each season, with four coming in ’06. Johnson will likely find a bigger role in another offense in ’08.

L.J. Smith, TE, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles
Another younger tight end, Smith has 50 receptions or more and over 600 yards receiving during each of the past two years with the Eagles. He scored five touchdown in ‘06 and ’04 while becoming a top option for quarterback Donovan McNabb. Smith seems to find the right place on the field and has shown great strength at his spot. Given his age, size, and apparent instincts, his phone should be ringing plenty.

Best WR and TE also IMO but doubt we have a shot at LJ

superbills
12-18-2007, 12:00 PM
Anderson will never be an option. The Browns have some clause where they can slap a retainer on him basically reserving the right to sign him at their lesiure.

As much as it hurts Daunte appears to be about the best IMO.

Bryant Johnson, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
Johnson could fly under the radar this season, but those in the know consider him quite talented. He’s overshadowed by star receivers Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin, but Johnson runs great routes, has good hands, and at 6’3” his size makes him an appealing option. He’s caught at least 35 passes in each of his four seasons, including 49 receptions in 2004, and has a touchdown scored in each season, with four coming in ’06. Johnson will likely find a bigger role in another offense in ’08.

L.J. Smith, TE, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles
Another younger tight end, Smith has 50 receptions or more and over 600 yards receiving during each of the past two years with the Eagles. He scored five touchdown in ‘06 and ’04 while becoming a top option for quarterback Donovan McNabb. Smith seems to find the right place on the field and has shown great strength at his spot. Given his age, size, and apparent instincts, his phone should be ringing plenty.

Best WR and TE also IMO but doubt we have a shot at LJ

If we can land Johnson and get a top TE in the draft we should be in good shape. Johnson's "under the radar" status could help us get him at a "cash-to-cap-friendly" price. His size is what's most appealing. We need a guy like him in the endzone and as a go-to guy who could see some one-on-one matchups if Lee is double-covered.

Stewie
12-18-2007, 12:20 PM
any wr taller than 5'10" is a win in my book.

Ed
12-18-2007, 12:21 PM
It looks like there could be some pretty good guards available according to that site. I wouldn't mind any of these guys.

Alan Faneca, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
Ryan Lilja, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
Floyd Womack, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Jake Scott, UFA, Indianapolis Colts

LB Lance Briggs would be a pretty nice pick up too.

DraftBoy
12-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Scott or Lilja would be awesome to sign!!

My FA:
OG Jake Scott
OLB Boss Bailey
CB Marcus Trufant
QB Cleo Lemon

Lone Stranger
12-18-2007, 12:30 PM
I bleieve we should concentrate on Johnson. I believe it will be quite difficult, though, as most teams have a lot of cap room.

Billzz
12-18-2007, 12:37 PM
I bleieve we should concentrate on Johnson. I believe it will be quite difficult, though, as most teams have a lot of cap room.

But do they also have a need at WR as well is the question. I think we have a pretty good shot at him but it still remains to be seen who else has a need.

jdbillsfan
12-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Here are my choices:

WR Drew Carter
TE Dallas Clark
DE Antwan Odom
OLB Terrell Suggs
CB Nnamdi Asomugha
DT Corey Williams

Ed
12-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't expect too much from free agency this year. It's easy to say we have a lot of cap space and should go after so and so, but there's a ton of money out there right now, and not a whole lot of top talent. Especially after some of those guys re-sign with their current teams. I'd say the majority of teams in the league right now are in the best cap shape they've ever been in.

Kerr
12-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Is Jared Allen unrestricted? if so how much would he cost?

I would also consider Corey Williams and Marcus Trufant.

BlackMetalNinja
12-18-2007, 01:14 PM
any wr taller than 5'10" is a win in my book.

I'm 6'3" :up: