PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: 2007 buffalo bills season break down pertaining to QB play

Oaf
12-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Forked from: 2007 buffalo bills season break down pertaining to QB play (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2245996)

Now this isn’t going to be a simple analysis of opinion or of simple wins and losses. I am going to attempt to break down the bills season through pure numbers it will relate to wins and losses by us and of our opponents.

This analysis will break down each QB and Defense did in certain circumstances. And then correlate them to each other. This will not take into account any injuries.

This analysis will be purely performance based on yardage and turnovers.

Any game both appeared in will not be considered I will be nice to both qbs in not calling game vs the pats as either their responsibility even though I would deem it as a trent start he did not practice as the starter not fair for analysis. The second jets game also was basically won by JP in the 4th quarter I will give no one credit for this game.

One other thing must be added OUR O regardless of qb has not given up points because of an interception or fumble

ALL FG’s considered product of the O

JP’s starts 6 of them

TOTAL O = 271 per game or 1626 in 6 games

TOTAL D = 397.3 per game or 2384 in 6 games

GIVEAWAYS 8total 6 picks 2 fumbles or 1.33 per game

TAKEAWAYS 4 total or 0.66 per game

TOTAL points 87 points 7 scored on a punt return D scored 0

TOTAL allowed 144

AVERAGE D THAT HE FACE 14.6 ranked

AVERAGE O OUR D FACED 11.5 ranked

Record 2-4

Opponents record 45-39 .536 3 playoff teams faced

Trent’s starts 6 of them

TOTAL O = 292.1 per game or 1753 in 6 games

TOTAL D = 319..3 per game or 1916 in 6 games

GIVEAWAYS 3 picks 2 fumbles or 0.83 per game

TAKEAWAYS 16 total or 2.66 per game

TOTAL points 115 D scored 28 special teams 0

TOTAL ALLOWED 94

AVERAGE D THAT HE FACE 17 ranked

AVERAGE O OUR D FACED 17.6 ranked

Record 4-2

Opponents record 36-48 .428 2 playoff teams faced

So all in all this analysis should show one thing both qbs basically have same result !

(continued)

If you haven't yet, read all the conflicting arguements in the thread.

So basically, through all this arguing, we have come to the point where neither QB has distinguished themselves as the better option.

And therefore, since Trent was drafted in 2007 and JP in 2004, we can conclude that JP's upside is more limited that Trent's is. So using the derivative of performance, if they're arguably the same now, but Trent's rate of improvement should be larger than JPs, Trent is the better option.

Or you could even think of two concave down (leveling off) graphs with one starting a while after the other. The 1st one is leveling/leveled off while the 2nd is still increasing at a higher rate! We don't even know when the 2nd one will level off, but it's quite clear that the 1st graph IS leveling/leveled off.

There's some Calculus concepts for you haha! :nerd:

Oaf
12-18-2007, 08:49 PM
No one read my math thread. :wail:

Philagape
12-18-2007, 09:08 PM
The original post didn't deserve one thread, much less two.

BidsJr
12-18-2007, 09:38 PM
djjimkelly is ******ed.

that is the *sum total*

YardRat
12-18-2007, 09:41 PM
You should have used more of the 'new math' like the original thread.