• im4bflo
    the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
    • Sep 2003

A Very different team next year...

When everyone that went on IR gets back, and trades and the draft,
    we'll have a very different team, but even better, a very deep team,
    with all the playing time our 2nd and even 3rd stringers got, it's got to
    add up to a HUGE plus for our team.
    And who will the new OC be? That's a HUGE plus also!
  • Al the Bills Fan
    • Aug 2007

Re: A Very different team next year...

I was just thinking the same thing earlier today. We are going to be a deep team next year, well at least a deeper team. No one wants to see players injured but it has forced some our 2nd and 3rd string guys to sink or swim. Some have really played well and have stepped up.

I am so exicited for the future of this team, i know no one wants to hear "there's always next year" but it true! If we draft well again next year like we did this year we could be playoff bound. (finally) We have a lot of really good young players, I am interested to see if any solid veteran (not too old) players will be brought in via FA to mentor some of these young guys.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• HAMMER
        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
        • Jul 2003

Op to crash the party and piss on the coals in 3..2...

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
          • Oct 2002

It sucks having to think about next year with 2 weeks left in the season.. Could be worst (especially if your a fin fan).. Agreed there is some nice depth, lets just hope they use the expereince they had wisely..

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
            Op to crash the party and piss on the coals in 3..2...
            yeah, because you ALWAYS know what I'm going to say, Miss Cleo...

I honestly don't know what to think about next year. Edwards showed some promise and that could lead to better QB play, but he's still young and is going to make some rookie mistakes.

Poz and Simpson will be back, but at the same time they missed some valuable experience this year.

Our RB situation is solid- no complaints there.

We have the cap space and the draft picks to address some of our holes, but other than Dockery and Walker, Marv's FA's have been weak.

There's reason for hope and reason for concern at the same time. Other than what I've said here, I don't even have any comments on it until FA starts and our team starts taking shape.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37

I honestly don't know what to think about next year. Edwards showed some promise and that could lead to better QB play, but he's still young and is going to make some rookie mistakes.

Poz and Simpson will be back, but at the same time they missed some valuable experience this year.

We have the cap space and the draft picks to address some of our holes, but other than Dockery and Walker, Marv's FA's have been weak.

There's reason for hope and reason for concern at the same time. Other than what I've said here, I don't even have any comments on it until FA starts and our team starts taking shape.

Cant argue with that, very much agreed..

Comment

• Billzz
                • Sep 2003

Fair assesment.

Comment

• raphael120
                  Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                  • Oct 2005

I hope we pull a Green Bay, we have a young team built with a strong draft the past two years, and I hope we make the right decisions in the next draft, we have plenty of picks.

Thing is, I feel we take 2 steps forward and 1 step back each year.

Our DT's improved, McCargo is panning out nicely, but our DE's have been resigned to HUGE contracts and quite frankly their play hasn't merited that kind of cap space.

Our oline is great at pass blocking, but we don't have a great QB behind center, thus far (who knows how Edwards will pan out) and we don't have nearly enough talent at reciever to benefit from having a good pass blocking line.

We have a great RB in Lynch and Jackson, but our Oline stinks at run blocking...

It's like we only have half of the equasion with reguards to those 2 spots.

CB we're in trouble because we have no one impactful playing behind Greer or McGee, and our LB situation is still up in the air and needs addressed again.

Comment

• HAMMER
                    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                    • Jul 2003

Everyone on the board knows exactly what you are going to say. You have said it 34,000 times.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
                      Everyone on the board knows exactly what you are going to say. You have said it 34,000 times.
                      and 33,000 of those were responses to other things that have been said over and over. Yet, you only criticize me for repeating myself and not other people. hmmm.....
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• elltrain22
                        • Sep 2003

We as Bills fans, especially for the past 10 years, have been saying wait until next year, but the thing about this year to next is you actually believe it may be true. All of that have a hint of realism in us know that for the past 10 years, there hasn't been much excitement about this team, for many reasons. Next year, it's a whole new ballgame. We have: a good young qb who knows how to win games & manage the game, a great running game w/ a possible all pro to be (Lynch), a consistent o-line that continues to improve, the best special teams unit in the NFL, a crop of players (important ones) that have been hurt coming back, 30+ million in cap space to sign FA's, and like 10 draft picks. IMO, there is more to be excited about then there has in a long time. We could very realistically be a 10 win team next season.
                        If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

31 other teams are competing for Free Agents. The Bills can't sign them all.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                            31 other teams are competing for Free Agents. The Bills can't sign them all.
                            that's no excuse for signing 3 guys who couldn't even make it a year. Hell, Bowen never even played a snap for us.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

that's no excuse for signing 3 guys who couldn't even make it a year. Hell, Bowen never even played a snap for us.
                              So, sometimes you just need bodies.

Are the Bills the only team who have done this?

Comment

Working...
                              X