• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

The Official OC Candidate List

Who is available? Who do you want and why?
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: The Official OC Candidate List

Walt Harris. He coached TE at Stanford and considered a very good coach when it comes to QBs. Throw in an added bonus that he might convince Marv to go after Antonio Bryant who could be a steal in free agency.

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

My dream coordinator would be Mike Martz. Followed by Jason Garrett. I think these guys know how to make the best of the personal. As opposed to implementing a system, and finding the players to suit it.

But, a guy I respect says keep an eye on this guy....

Hue Jackson
      Offensive coordinator; born Oct. 22, 1965, Los Angeles. Quarterback Pacific 1985-86. No pro playing experience. College coach: Pacific 1987-89, Cal State-Fullerton 1990, Arizona State 1992-95, California 1996, Southern California 1997-2000. Pro coach: London Monarchs (WFL) 1991, Washington Redskins 2001-03, Cincinnati Bengals 2004-06, joined Falcons in 2007.
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by yordad
        My dream coordinator would be Mike Martz. Followed by Jason Garrett. I think these guys know how to make the best of the personal. As opposed to implementing a system, and finding the players to suit it.

But, a guy I respect says keep an eye on this guy....

Hue Jackson
        Offensive coordinator; born Oct. 22, 1965, Los Angeles. Quarterback Pacific 1985-86. No pro playing experience. College coach: Pacific 1987-89, Cal State-Fullerton 1990, Arizona State 1992-95, California 1996, Southern California 1997-2000. Pro coach: London Monarchs (WFL) 1991, Washington Redskins 2001-03, Cincinnati Bengals 2004-06, joined Falcons in 2007.
        Thanks for saving me the typing..

Comment

• LtFinFan66
          • Mar 2005

No way you get Garrett unless he is head coach

Comment

• shelby
            The Vanilla *****
            • Jul 2002

What about promoting from within?
            Alex Van Pelt!

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Comment

• Kerr
                Hall of Fame Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Jim Caldwell

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                  The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                  • Feb 2005

No Matter who we get, after 3 games we'll be trying to run him out of town. When was the last OC for the bills that was successful?

I am not too optimistic about anyone untill we get a DEFENSE that can get off the field on 3rd and LOOOOOOOOONG!
                  In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

i think our conservative approach to coaches will keep it within with either Turk Schonert or AVP, probably Schonert then AVP gets promoted to QB coach
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

I'll stick with Turk Schonert. He's done a good job as a QB coach throughout the years and has a bunch of experience. Plus you don't have to change too much of the system.

Comment

• Billzz
                        • Sep 2003

Problem being is the Bills FO dosen't even know who they are going to choose at this point.

I almost feel like it will be some obscure person that we all may or may not of heard of. Some quality candidate that we probably never even thought of because of being fans sitting on the outside looking in.

Comment

• Bills Juggernaut
                          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Mikey82
                          I'll stick with Turk Schonert. He's done a good job as a QB coach throughout the years and has a bunch of experience. Plus you don't have to change too much of the system.
                          I don't understand why some of you are so high on staying with the system. This system stinks and all of the numbers prove it.

It's like saying lets hire the second in charge engineer who help build the Titanic because he's familiar with the style of boat.

Why get someone, based mostly on his familiarity with the current system, whose familiarity is based on a offensive system that is crap?

I want someone with new ideas.
                          The One and Only

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bills Juggernaut
                            I don't understand why some of you are so high on staying with the system. This system stinks and all of the numbers prove it.

It's like saying lets hire the second in charge engineer who help build the Titanic because he's familiar with the style of boat.

Why get someone, based mostly on his familiarity with the current system, whose familiarity is based on a offensive system that is crap?

I want someone with new ideas.
                            He might have new ideas. You never know. The better thing is. I'd stick with Schonert because he knows the players and can keep things easier for them, so it isn't like we are getting a whole new playbook to learn, which takes time.

Comment

• billsburgh
                              • Jul 2003

Joe Pendry

Comment

Working...
                              X