X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

For those of you worried about this team...words from GOD

Good ole Jimbo is setting the story straight. This article just makes you love this guy even more. He will never be replaced in Buffalo history in my mind. He still has that swagger and confidence.

After hearing this, I am not worried at all about the Bill's leaving. Maybe I'm wrong but if he wasn't so sure of things I might think otherwise. Why else would he be so overconfident? I think that he knows exactly what will probably happen after Ralphy Boy passes. We are in good hands. I can see Jim and Marv being involved with this franchise for years to come and that should mean success.

Also, I think that it's fair to specualte that he knows we will get our hands on the type of WR we need to take it to the next level. Good news!
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: For those of you worried about this team...words from GOD

Jim Kelly is truely a special person. I think the guy can thank Hunter for making him the way he is today. His confidence isnt cocky its humble, he always says and does the right thing. It would be a blessing to all Bills fans to have him involved in the future of this franchise.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

the god reference is extremely weird.

Comment

• jpdex12
        • Jan 2005

Here, here! I'll toast to that.

It's time to ban together and bring the winning ways back to our beloved Bills!

Let's start with more payback against those bastard Giants! I don't think that any of us have forgotten what they brought us back in 1990.

It better be just like a playoff atmosphere there this weekend! That will prove to all of the naysayers what kind of team we have in the making.

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

does that make thurman jesus
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Billzz
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Meathead
            Moses, because he parted lines like he parted seas!

Comment

• jpdex12
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Meathead
              only if Thurman's mother was black, otherwise Thurm would be white.

Comment

• jpdex12
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                the god reference is extremely weird.
                A figure of speech of course. SEriously, I wonder who the people of Buffalo would consider the most important figure head of Buffalo is/was?

I am not a Buffalo resident but Jimbo stands out in my eyes. He's got the edge on Tim Russert and Mouse McNally.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                  Jim Kelly is truely a special person. I think the guy can thank Hunter for making him the way he is today. His confidence isnt cocky its humble, he always says and does the right thing. It would be a blessing to all Bills fans to have him involved in the future of this franchise.
                  I met him back in his playing days and he's definitely cocky, or at least he was circa 1995.

Still, he always makes time to be with the fans and doesn't blow anyone off. I was very impressed with that.

As far as the team staying, hearing Jimbo say it is encouraging, but the reality is that he doesn't have the money or the power to keep the team here if the NFL wants to move them.
                  Last edited by OpIv37; 12-19-2007, 11:18 AM.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jpdex12
                    • Jan 2005

incredible.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by jpdex12
                      A figure of speech of course. SEriously, I wonder who the people of Buffalo would consider the most important figure head of Buffalo is/was?

I'd pick the members of moe. Best band to come out of Buffalo ever!

Comment

• elltrain22
                        • Sep 2003

Jimbo is the man. Nuff said
                        If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

i was on the jim Kelly show when i was like 11 years old. I got to ask him a question. Now, imagine, this short indian kid with the beginnings of a prepubescent mustache standing all of 4'10' looking at jimbo.

I asked, "why did you play in Houston when the Bills drafted you first?" And he looked at me like he was impressed that a kid would ask such a question, then he looked a little embarrassed, and then he just answered the question. "I'm not proud, but at the time it was more money and people told me that the winter and cold would shorten my career. So i left for Houston. I'm very happy things worked out the way they have in the end, and I wouldn't make taht mistake again."

When i sat down, my dad, who is big on integrity, said, "that's impressive. he answered the question truthfully. i thought he'd duck." And from that day on, i was always a big fan of jimbo. it was cool to have an adult answer you like an adult even though i was 11.

Also Andre Reed was on the show that night and the way they joked with each other, i thought, "these guys are the coolest."

Comment

• EDS
                            • Jan 2003

Something to be thankful for for the holidays?

Happy holidays everyone:

The Buffalo Bills aren't leaving western New York -- not if Jim Kelly has anything to say about it.

Comment

• ddaryl
                              • Jan 2005

Re: Something to be thankful for for the holidays?

Hopefully it means that Ralph and Jimbo have a gentlemans agreement in place.

Gotta appreciate Jimbos efforts here... I know I do.

Comment

Working...
                              X